Expired Hot Deals

[CIBC] CIBC Earn $300 and 12 Month Fee Rebate with a CIBC Smart Account

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 27th, 2020 8:06 pm
Oct 5, 2014
535 posts
983 upvotes
Ontario
I called yesterday as I've been fulfilling the requirements since April and they told me the $300 would be in there by Dec 1st.
Mar 23, 2004
42080 posts
8148 upvotes
Markham
mkm999 wrote: Any luck with the $300 deposit?

I opened my account in March and met the qualifications by JUNE but never got the $300 deposit
gundamwingZero wrote: any update?
backtracked your quoted post and I got the email the same day as you... still nothing until now...
Nope, still waiting...orzzzzzzzzz
Oct 11, 2005
784 posts
1517 upvotes
Airdrie, AB
mkm999 wrote: I opened my account in March and met the qualifications by JUNE but never got the $300 deposit
Have you been receiving the monthly fee rebates? I opened my account in March also (March 6 for me), and immediately started fulfilling requirements on a recurring basis. I never got any e-mail indicating the $300 would be arriving, but to my delight I got the "Branch Transaction CREDIT MEMO IBB BACK OFFICE CENTRE MISSISSAUG" transaction with $300 credit on August 21 (couple months ahead of what I expected).
qbarnes95 wrote: I called yesterday as I've been fulfilling the requirements since April and they told me the $300 would be in there by Dec 1st.
Wow, December... that's a stretch! Back at the beginning of this promo, the T&C stated: "The cash reward will be deposited into your account seven (7) months after you have completed the required transactions", so in your case it should be no later than November (which I guess "by December 1" reflects). They've since revised the T&C to indicate five (5) months now, and that's what it's roughly been for many RFDers posting here, even those falling under the original T&C. Good luck with yours... hope it arrives without you having to chase further, even if it's unfortunately later than most people's...
Mar 23, 2004
42080 posts
8148 upvotes
Markham
CalgaryBen wrote: Have you been receiving the monthly fee rebates? I opened my account in March also (March 6 for me), and immediately started fulfilling requirements on a recurring basis. I never got any e-mail indicating the $300 would be arriving, but to my delight I got the "Branch Transaction CREDIT MEMO IBB BACK OFFICE CENTRE MISSISSAUG" transaction with $300 credit on August 21 (couple months ahead of what I expected).

Wow, December... that's a stretch! Back at the beginning of this promo, the T&C stated: "The cash reward will be deposited into your account seven (7) months after you have completed the required transactions", so in your case it should be no later than November (which I guess "by December 1" reflects). They've since revised the T&C to indicate five (5) months now, and that's what it's roughly been for many RFDers posting here, even those falling under the original T&C. Good luck with yours... hope it arrives without you having to chase further, even if it's unfortunately later than most people's...
Looks like yours is manually processed by the system instead of auto generated, good for you!

I am expecting something at the end of the month, if not, then i will start chasing.
Oct 12, 2005
371 posts
312 upvotes
Lower Mainland BC
angel_wing0 wrote: Nope, still waiting...orzzzzzzzzz
Also still waiting.
If I remember correctly, for the others who applied earlier the email came about a month or so before the money was actually deposited.
Jan 22, 2020
9 posts
Roughly two weeks since my confirmation email indicating that I've fulfilled the requirements. Lets see what happens in another two weeks.
Apr 7, 2018
18 posts
69 upvotes
Mount Joy, ON
buymistake wrote: Roughly two weeks since my confirmation email indicating that I've fulfilled the requirements. Lets see what happens in another two weeks.
Same, got the email on Oct 5, now the waiting game begins
Jan 24, 2010
330 posts
308 upvotes
Canada
buymistake wrote: Subject line says "Congratulations, you qualify!"
mmmmmm... didn't find anything by that subject line. Ill try giving them a call tomorrow.

I was told i had met the requirements back in JULY on a previous call to customer service.
Mar 23, 2004
42080 posts
8148 upvotes
Markham
qbarnes95 wrote: I called yesterday as I've been fulfilling the requirements since April and they told me the $300 would be in there by Dec 1st.
i would say the rep is just giving you a random date.

Hoping i would get it beginning nov.
Aug 12, 2018
68 posts
14 upvotes
By the system I believe. Never called the branch during the process