Expired Hot Deals

[CIBC] CIBC Global Money Transfer. Now $75 bonus

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 22nd, 2020 12:46 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2009
1945 posts
1063 upvotes
Has anyone got the GMT75 from both Simplii and CIBC, or is it one per person?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 2, 2010
2024 posts
1481 upvotes
GTA
bubak wrote: Has anyone got the GMT75 from both Simplii and CIBC, or is it one per person?
Not $75, but I have received both sign up bonus in the past.
Sr. Member
Dec 8, 2010
617 posts
254 upvotes
Markham, Ontario
bubak wrote: Has anyone got the GMT75 from both Simplii and CIBC, or is it one per person?
Yes, I got both $75 using GMT75 from Simplii and CIBC.
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
12131 posts
3274 upvotes
Scarberia
luck4u2u wrote: Yes, I got both $75 using GMT75 from Simplii and CIBC.
was it all automatically or did u have to call in to dispute it? tia
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Sr. Member
Dec 8, 2010
617 posts
254 upvotes
Markham, Ontario
mikka2017 wrote: was it all automatically or did u have to call in to dispute it? tia
No call at all.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 2, 2010
2024 posts
1481 upvotes
GTA
mikka2017 wrote: was it all automatically or did u have to call in to dispute it? tia
luck4u2u wrote: No call at all.
Same here, although they use similar back end systems, they are two separate banks and hence two separate promos.
Newbie
User avatar
Mar 8, 2019
56 posts
114 upvotes
Is the referral bonus of $25 only for CIBC or its for Simplii as well?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 2, 2010
2024 posts
1481 upvotes
GTA
Sholey wrote: Is the referral bonus of $25 only for CIBC or its for Simplii as well?
Yes you can get it for both.
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2013
1749 posts
1226 upvotes
condo
can someone summarize the best way to transfer the funds to a personal account and get the money back? do we need to open a US bank account or use Transferwise? Any reddit subreddit explaining the procedures would also be useful, thanks!
Sr. Member
Dec 8, 2010
617 posts
254 upvotes
Markham, Ontario
tmonies wrote: can someone summarize the best way to transfer the funds to a personal account and get the money back? do we need to open a US bank account or use Transferwise? Any reddit subreddit explaining the procedures would also be useful, thanks!
You need a bank account (yours, family’s, friend’s) outside Canada as a receiver. If you don’t have one, opening a transferwise is one of ways. Few back pages, martydxb posted the step by step.
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
12131 posts
3274 upvotes
Scarberia
did i do this right? i coudn't find anyway to input in the bank code or name of transferwise...it auto loade this name:

Destination currencyUSD - United States
Bank nameCOMMUNITY FEDERAL SAVINGS BANK

did i screw up? tia
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Newbie
Apr 18, 2020
31 posts
15 upvotes
Transfer on July 18th, still nothing received yet. Any idea how long more I should wait before contacting CIBC? Thanks!
Sr. Member
Jul 9, 2014
641 posts
198 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I transferred on July 1st. Still nothing
Member
Jul 13, 2007
253 posts
67 upvotes
Calgary
mikka2017 wrote: did i do this right? i coudn't find anyway to input in the bank code or name of transferwise...it auto loade this name:

Destination currencyUSD - United States
Bank nameCOMMUNITY FEDERAL SAVINGS BANK

did i screw up? tia
That is correct. Once you type in the ABA I think it comes up automatically like that.
Member
Feb 29, 2012
337 posts
103 upvotes
fakejordan wrote: Is this still on? Are you guys sending money to yourself to get the $75??
Yes, to a USD account for when I need to do cross border shopping (the rate is not as bad as before so it is a good idea to buy...)

Top