Expired Hot Deals

[CIBC] CIBC Global Money Transfer. Now $75 bonus

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 30th, 2020 9:02 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2009
1953 posts
1067 upvotes
komodor wrote: Open a Bonus Savings account, No monthly fee, no minimum required, 1 free transaction/month.
OK, great, thank you, opened one. How do you deposit money into it? It doesn't accept incoming e-transfers.
Aug 7, 2010
984 posts
345 upvotes
bubak wrote: OK, great, thank you, opened one. How do you deposit money into it? It doesn't accept incoming e-transfers.
Link it to your Tangerine, or Simplii, or Alterna, or whatever Internet account you have that allows free me-to-me/push transfers. If not, just send to yourself an e-Interac transfer and deposit it into your new CIBC savings account.
Aug 7, 2010
984 posts
345 upvotes
komodor wrote: Link it to your Tangerine, or Simplii, or Alterna, or whatever Internet account you have that allows free me-to-me/push transfers. If not, just send to yourself an e-Interac transfer and deposit it into your new CIBC savings account.
If going the e-Interac route, I forgot to add that you may need to disable auto-deposit if set for your main email account or use another email account.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2009
1953 posts
1067 upvotes
komodor wrote: Link it to your Tangerine, or Simplii, or Alterna, or whatever Internet account you have that allows free me-to-me/push transfers. If not, just send to yourself an e-Interac transfer and deposit it into your new CIBC savings account.
That's what I did, and when I went to deposit the e-transfer, the CIBC website said I don't have any accounts that can receive an e-transfer. The savings account does show up in online banking.

I could try the other thing you suggest, a Tangerine non-interac e-mail transfer where you enter the institution/branch/account number directly.
Aug 7, 2010
984 posts
345 upvotes
bubak wrote: That's what I did, and when I went to deposit the e-transfer, the CIBC website said I don't have any accounts that can receive an e-transfer. The savings account does show up in online banking.

I could try the other thing you suggest, a Tangerine non-interac e-mail transfer where you enter the institution/branch/account number directly.
Your CIBC savings should show up online and accept e-interac transfers. That's how I did it. Did you try the transfer the very same day you opened the account? It's better to wait at least a day. Anyway, if I were you I would call them because this savings account is legit to receive e-interac funds.
Aug 5, 2013
114 posts
116 upvotes
Thanks for the heads up on the promotion bonus price change as I decided it was now worth my time.

I used my CIBC account + I created a Transferwire account. It all worked perfectly and I was able to complete the $100 transaction from CIBC to Transferwire, then to my Tangerine account (free e-transfers), then back to my original CIBC account (minus Trasferwire fees [aprox $8]).

Now I just have to wait for the $75 bonus :-)

So $ 68.00 profit!
Jun 29, 2019
24 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Can I transfer 100 dollars from CIBC to TD Direct Investing US$ account using GMT75 + 25$ referral bonus (Also would like to know if both can be stacked) and any idea on how much fees I will be paying for receiving the transfer? TIA.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2009
1953 posts
1067 upvotes
komodor wrote: Your CIBC savings should show up online and accept e-interac transfers. That's how I did it. Did you try the transfer the very same day you opened the account? It's better to wait at least a day. Anyway, if I were you I would call them because this savings account is legit to receive e-interac funds.
The Tangerine e-mail (non-interac) transfer worked.

I think the issue with the interac transfer was that the account needs to be "linked" to a debit card first, and even though they sent me a debit card specifically for the account, they didn't "link" it. There's a way to link it in online banking.
Nov 18, 2015
4 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
Has anyone confirmed this code works for who already used their $50 code before?

I get a "code applied" when I try, but I'm not sure if it'll work.
[OP]
Banned
Jul 17, 2008
11042 posts
3821 upvotes
RodrigoGad wrote: Has anyone confirmed this code works for who already used their $50 code before?

I get a "code applied" when I try, but I'm not sure if it'll work.
I never tried it myself and I used the GMT50 before. If you want you can give it a shot and help us out here :)
Aug 5, 2013
114 posts
116 upvotes
Bonus arrived today! $75 deposited in my account :-)
kookzy wrote: Thanks for the heads up on the promotion bonus price change as I decided it was now worth my time.

I used my CIBC account + I created a Transferwire account. It all worked perfectly and I was able to complete the $100 transaction from CIBC to Transferwire, then to my Tangerine account (free e-transfers), then back to my original CIBC account (minus Trasferwire fees [aprox $8]).

Now I just have to wait for the $75 bonus :-)

So $ 68.00 profit!
Jan 17, 2018
53 posts
18 upvotes
Anyone do this offer with GMT75 recently?

On the CIBC promo page (only GMT50 code is shown) there is no expiry date listed but on the first page of this thread it expires Sept 30.

Looks like a great deal but not sure if i'll complete it in time.
I have a transferwise account setup already, I still need to open a CIBC Bonus Savings Account.
Oct 24, 2009
746 posts
821 upvotes
Vancouver
This is sweet deal. I have BMO Harris account which doesn't charge incoming wire fee.
Oct 24, 2009
746 posts
821 upvotes
Vancouver
CaptainD wrote: Anyone do this offer with GMT75 recently?

On the CIBC promo page (only GMT50 code is shown) there is no expiry date listed but on the first page of this thread it expires Sept 30.

Looks like a great deal but not sure if i'll complete it in time.
I have a transferwise account setup already, I still need to open a CIBC Bonus Savings Account.
I can confirm GMT75 works. When I entered, it said accepted.
Nov 11, 2010
354 posts
72 upvotes
GTA
Rob76 wrote: Did a gmt in July 21, got the $75 today. But still no $25 referral bonus. Called in and was transferred to gmt dept and the rep started a “dispute” process for the missing bonus, was told it can take up to two weeks to get resolved.
Same thing happened to me - got the $75 but not the $25 for using the referral link. They opened a dispute process but never got back to me and its been over a month now