Hot Deals

[CIBC] CIBC Global Money Transfer. Now $75 bonus

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 6th, 2020 12:39 pm
Jul 29, 2016
110 posts
28 upvotes
CIBC GMT has no place to type in the SWIFT number - only routing and account number. I used Transferwise address for both recipient and bank address - hopefully it ends up at my Transferwise account.
Aug 19, 2011
102 posts
96 upvotes
Vancouver
aweawea wrote: I definitely don't see any way to access account numbers without loading $20 USD first... What am I missing?
They show the account numbers as part of the initial "load". So you input the amount first (I did $75), and on one of the following screens you pick Wire Transfer as payment method in order to see the destination account .
Aug 19, 2011
102 posts
96 upvotes
Vancouver
imawnms wrote: CIBC GMT has no place to type in the SWIFT number - only routing and account number. I used Transferwise address for both recipient and bank address - hopefully it ends up at my Transferwise account.
It seems to work with just those numbers. The confirmation page actually has the SWIFT BIC code (PNBPUS3NNYC)
I also send it to Transferwise as the recipient, with my reference code in the Memo field.
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2018
1260 posts
1335 upvotes
Halifax, Nova Scotia
kycka1 wrote: They show the account numbers as part of the initial "load". So you input the amount first (I did $75), and on one of the following screens you pick Wire Transfer as payment method in order to see the destination account .
Thanks, exactly what I needed!
Dec 10, 2008
869 posts
105 upvotes
So I just complete the transaction and applied gmt75 it's my first transfer. Now it tells me your money is on the way also tells me that I can refer someone and get $25 each. But how do I refer my friend whenever I go to offers it sys no offers are avaliable or offers unavaliable
Jul 29, 2016
110 posts
28 upvotes
adiprince1 wrote: So I just complete the transaction and applied gmt75 it's my first transfer. Now it tells me your money is on the way also tells me that I can refer someone and get $25 each. But how do I refer my friend whenever I go to offers it sys no offers are avaliable or offers unavaliable
Scroll all the way down on the GMT home page and it will show a place to generate the link.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jul 17, 2008
10744 posts
3451 upvotes
adiprince1 wrote: So I just complete the transaction and applied gmt75 it's my first transfer. Now it tells me your money is on the way also tells me that I can refer someone and get $25 each. But how do I refer my friend whenever I go to offers it sys no offers are avaliable or offers unavaliable
You generate the link at the bottom of the page. You use that link to give it to friends/family
Aug 7, 2019
424 posts
129 upvotes
Best way to use the referral credit is to refer two accounts from within your same family
Jul 1, 2006
586 posts
377 upvotes
I just sent to my Alliant US bank account (Alliant has no incoming wire transfer fees, fwiw). And yeah the exchange rate is terrible... I would never use this service without the $75 bonus. ;)

Thanks OP!
Aug 24, 2015
96 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto
I just sent this today. How long does it take to get the credit???
May 4, 2018
182 posts
109 upvotes
We're sorry. We were unable to complete your request due to an unexpected error. Please try again. If you continue to experience problems please contact us to receive additional information by e-mail about this result.

{ Result # 500 }
Aug 19, 2011
102 posts
96 upvotes
Vancouver
Just got the deposit in Transferwise. Took almost exactly one day.
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2018
1260 posts
1335 upvotes
Halifax, Nova Scotia
kycka1 wrote: Just got the deposit in Transferwise. Took almost exactly one day.
Sames, followed the advice in this and the Simplii thread to do both yesterday around this time and the money just landed in my brand new TransferWise account.
Aug 19, 2011
102 posts
96 upvotes
Vancouver
Interesting note: now the account is open in TW the info for wire tranfers is completely different.
Different bank, and it it looks like the account is in my name. So the transfer to "Transferwise Inc" is only needed for initial account funding.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2007
1581 posts
453 upvotes
Toronto
How do I get the referral link/code? Trying to refer myself from my siblings account and every time I click the button nothing happens and I get the following error.

"We're sorry. We were unable to complete your request due to an unexpected error. Please try again. If you continue to experience problems please contact us to receive additional information by e-mail about this result."

Thread Information

There are currently 7 users viewing this thread. (3 members and 4 guests)

Leforet, martydxb, vn2000