Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2018
1914 posts
1013 upvotes

CIBC - CLI Times and Other

I know most people may not care but I just noticed a CIBC soft check on me, so I called in on my cards to check with IVR to see if I could get a limit increase (one card hit 6 months old, the other only 3), so data-point to provide for educational purposes.

BOTH cards qualified for Increases (9k and 8.5k) both at the same time.

The educational point, that one check seems to apply to global cards......I understand the 6 month old account but the one that's 3 months (actually not even statement 3, that's coming in two weeks) also qualified for an increase.

Anyways point being, it seems "globally" when they check your credit, all cards qualify for increases every 6/7 months, as long as one is 6/7 months old, all cards become qualified.
8 replies
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
14073 posts
11728 upvotes
Not Leask
Nice. Good reason to keep more than one card with them. Possible to have more than one Timmies card?
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2018
1914 posts
1013 upvotes
titaniumtux wrote: Nice. Good reason to keep more than one card with them. Possible to have more than one Timmies card?
I actually have three, but the third is only a month old, it also qualified.

So one account hit the 6 month line, they did a soft check, all three qualified, when I called for the third the ivr just stayed silent so assumed, but called back and it qualified for a 3k limit increase lol

So they have some score system that just applies against you as a client vs each individual account is my assumption.

As I said, the wife loves that Aventura and Passport card, I don't get why but she said "login and everything's taken care of" I mentioned she can do the same on other travel sites but shes tried and one place screwed up her hotel dates, another didnt have her rental available etc, she said the Scotia and CIBC setups have been perfect (shes not a forgiving person lol). My dividend card has a $182 dollar cash back built up on it....not crazy month but it will become my new gas where momentum isnt a 4% and isnt a CTFS Gas+, but my momentum is already up to the 420 range......then once recurring kicks in at 4%, I mean my insurances are well into the 15-20k range for everything, so even at 4% that's 600 bones alone.

Recurring all on momentum, but I pay all other bills with CTFS that are paymentus or whatever....its working for me :)
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2018
1301 posts
1059 upvotes
IVR you mean you got the increase by telephone and not with an actual CSR?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2018
1914 posts
1013 upvotes
terracotta92 wrote: IVR you mean you got the increase by telephone and not with an actual CSR?
Correct, all three. If you call in, go to option 8 then option 1 then 2. I tested a week ago, all accounts said this account doesn’t qualify for an increase, notices the soft check and called today, all three had offers. Two accounts are 2-3 and 1 month old respectively
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2017
1519 posts
845 upvotes
I get pre-approvals every 6 months and BT offers every couple months from CIBC. Have had their card since the early 2000s . Latest BT 2% for 10 months.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2018
1301 posts
1059 upvotes
Techiedude wrote: Correct, all three. If you call in, go to option 8 then option 1 then 2. I tested a week ago, all accounts said this account doesn’t qualify for an increase, notices the soft check and called today, all three had offers. Two accounts are 2-3 and 1 month old respectively
did you check your Equifax if you got a hard credit check?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2018
1914 posts
1013 upvotes
terracotta92 wrote: did you check your Equifax if you got a hard credit check?
Had to wait till midnight but yes, no hard checks, and there are no new soft ones either BUT I’ve seen equifax take a day or two to show them
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2018
1914 posts
1013 upvotes
Update, no hard checks at all, all through IVR