• Last Updated:
  • Sep 9th, 2021 9:43 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Nov 24, 2017
13 posts

CIBC Credit Card payment

Hi, i need some suggestions on how to make payment on my credit card.
I have to make payment of 15k$ i did global money transfer.i have available funds 19k$.i have to make payment in before 15th sep.I thought of sending money to transferwise.Usd account transferwise but unable to add the aba number in add reciepent in tranferwise account detail
i created.Anyone had some experience on how to payback cibc credit card in full.
5 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2015
1632 posts
637 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Can I assume the money is in the US?

I think you would transfer the money (using Transferwise) to your Canadian bank account, then make a payment to the credit card. You could literally write a cheque to CIBC so you don't need to worry about bill payment limits, but you could also call your bank and ask them to raise the bill payment limits.
[OP]
Nov 24, 2017
13 posts
The money is in cad cibc credit card same credit card that i want to pay.
Feb 9, 2018
492 posts
377 upvotes
yaseenjar wrote: The money is in cad cibc credit card same credit card that i want to pay.
Do you bank with CIBC or any other bank in Canada? You can bill pay to CIBC credit card from current bank's online banking. Add a Payee and look for CIBC Or simply move funds from CIBC chq account to CIBC credit card in online banking if you bank with CIBC or just go to a CIBC bank branch if you are not setup for online banking and tell them you want to pay your credit card bill.

Usually the credit card statement you get also have a list of ways you can pay your outstanding balance.
Feb 9, 2018
492 posts
377 upvotes
Also, if you bank with CIBC and are not setup for online banking, you can go to CIBC ATM and transfer the money from cibc chequing to credit card or call their customer service number on the back of card or on statement so they can pull funds from chequing account directly.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2012
1856 posts
1330 upvotes
Montreal, QC
yaseenjar wrote: Hi, i need some suggestions on how to make payment on my credit card.
I have to make payment of 15k$ i did global money transfer.i have available funds 19k$.i have to make payment in before 15th sep.I thought of sending money to transferwise.Usd account transferwise but unable to add the aba number in add reciepent in tranferwise account detail
i created.Anyone had some experience on how to payback cibc credit card in full.
What bank/country do you bank with?

I have a CIBC credit card but because I have a Canadian bank account, I just make a bill payment on the bank's web interface and pay the entire balance in full. I do the exact same thing with my other Canadian credit cards.

I have a credit card from the US and because I also have a bank account in the US, I do the exact same thing that I do in Canada at the US bank which is I just make a bill payment to the US credit card.