• Nov 26th, 2020 4:59 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
5630 posts
1392 upvotes
Milton
xuanzh wrote: I logged in my CIBC today and the offer is first $2k spending for 10% cashback, can someone confirm if they really got 10%?
I got the 10% on last month's statement. My spouse also applied for the same cc last weekend and was instantly approved.
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
12660 posts
3427 upvotes
Scarberia
this is basically same as the WE bmo cb card? but no car roadside assist? tia
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
8119 posts
1168 upvotes
TO
Pointseeker wrote: I do not see 10% in the offer.
satoshi wrote: Offer seems to be over, got to wait for the next one.

You might want to look at the Cash Back WE from BMO, same promo 10% bonus, up to a maximum of $2,000 ($200 cash back).

BMO® CashBack® World Elite®* Mastercard®*
I say get BMO, you won't have to call them for errors on not posting cashback and you can redeem to savings/checking in 50$ installments as oppose to having to wait till December.
Achieva Financial /KOHO / STACK (0% FX Fee) /Tangerine / EQ Bank member / I use Plastiq for paying bills with my CC

"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
8119 posts
1168 upvotes
TO
Actually thanks for resurrecting this thread - Anyone here was able to redeem their Cashback accrued earlier than what CIBC had told me to wait til Nov- Dec 2020 statement?

thanks
Achieva Financial /KOHO / STACK (0% FX Fee) /Tangerine / EQ Bank member / I use Plastiq for paying bills with my CC

"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2011
2547 posts
234 upvotes
Calgary
satoshi wrote: Offer seems to be over, got to wait for the next one.

You might want to look at the Cash Back WE from BMO, same promo 10% bonus, up to a maximum of $2,000 ($200 cash back).

BMO® CashBack® World Elite®* Mastercard®*
It did not last long, starting on June 2. I liked 4 months to spend $2000. I have other commitments.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2010
2043 posts
1512 upvotes
GTA
Anyone know if:
-You upgrade to this card with FYF (so you already got the rebate for annual fees)
-When you use the promo and downgrade to No Fee, do you still get rebated the annual fee (for a second time) after you downgrade?

Its sounds silly for those not familiar but I have to ask because this happens almost always with TD as you product switch down for an already FYF product where you get the pro-rated amount.
Aug 5, 2018
538 posts
751 upvotes
Affiliate offer found on credit karma:

10% cashback CIBC infinite or platinum, up to 2k spend, FYF

(Public offer does not have 10%)

https://www.cibc.com/en/special-offers/ ... ID=2014193?

This seems legit. If you click apply through the link, you will the offer on the left will include 10%. No major difference of infinite vs platinum, other than 5k min credit limit for infinite. I went for the platinum. 4% gas grocery after 10%, which is very competitive as a daily driver.

Cashback is awarded on the Dec statement, and then you can close the card or PS to aventura no fee, and get 2k aventura points for free.

Other current 10% on 2k offers:

BMO cashback WE (cashback awarded and redeemed on the first statement)

TD cashback infinite (can PS from other TD cards and get bonus, 12 month rule)

Scotia momentum infinite (2 year rule on any Scotia card?)

along2 wrote: I'm still seeing the welcome 10%cb offer here:

https://www.cibc.com/en/special-offers/ ... ceCode=962

Just applied and it went through, I'm assuming I got it?
If I go to your link and click apply, 10% does not show up on the left.
Nov 25, 2018
72 posts
28 upvotes
xx1what wrote: Affiliate offer found on credit karma:

10% cashback CIBC infinite or platinum, up to 2k spend, FYF

(Public offer does not have 10%)

https://www.cibc.com/en/special-offers/ ... ID=2014193?

This seems legit. If you click apply through the link, you will the offer on the left will include 10%. No major difference of infinite vs platinum, other than 5k min credit limit for infinite. I went for the platinum. 4% gas grocery after 10%, which is very competitive as a daily driver.

Cashback is awarded on the Dec statement, and then you can close the card or PS to aventura no fee, and get 2k aventura points for free.

Other current 10% on 2k offers:

BMO cashback WE (cashback awarded and redeemed on the first statement)

TD cashback infinite (can PS from other TD cards and get bonus, 12 month rule)

Scotia momentum infinite (2 year rule on any Scotia card?)

If I go to your link and click apply, 10% does not show up on the left.
Not sure what you mean by "on the left"? When I click apply it goes straight to rhe application process as I would normally expect...although through the whole thing it doesn't really say anything about rhe welcome bonus offer, so I'm not sure. I got this link through "borrowell" credit reporting referral which makes it seem like it's active through that...

Should I verify with CIBC customer service that I will indeed get the 10% offer?

Edit: answered my own question. was viewing on mobile. When I switch to desktop mode it shows the bar on the left that you mentioned. When I use the referral link from borrowell, it appears to show up with the welcome bonus on the left also.
Deal Addict
May 7, 2019
1342 posts
1141 upvotes
Ontario
Does anyone know the expiry date on the 10% offer?
Preferred cards:

Brim WE . ☁️ . (I'm sorta re-thinking this)

CTFS CA and grandfathered Triangle WE .🔻
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2010
2043 posts
1512 upvotes
GTA
banker8 wrote: Does anyone know the expiry date on the 10% offer?
I assume you are referring to people who have taken on the offer already.
  • So I have asked for a product switch in Feb, however only activated the card it in May/Jun. This is when the time starts.
  • Once the card is activated it will stay active for 3 statement periods I believe or when you hit $2000 whichever comes first. So if you dont reach $2k, then the bonus cashback stops when you reach your fourth statement date.

Hope that helps. These were details confirmed by a CSR when I did the PS in Feb.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
7471 posts
7597 upvotes
The Prairies
martydxb wrote: I assume you are referring to people who have taken on the offer already.
  • So I have asked for a product switch in Feb, however only activated the card it in May/Jun. This is when the time starts.
  • Once the card is activated it will stay active for 3 statement periods I believe or when you hit $2000 whichever comes first. So if you dont reach $2k, then the bonus cashback stops when you reach your fourth statement date.

Hope that helps. These were details confirmed by a CSR when I did the PS in Feb.
Since when do you get the bonus on a product switch?
Also wasn’t a statement issued to you even though the card wasn’t activated yet?
Usually you’ll get a statement regardless if you activate or not.
Deal Addict
May 7, 2019
1342 posts
1141 upvotes
Ontario
martydxb wrote: I assume you are referring to people who have taken on the offer already.
No, I mean the current 10% offer. Available through the affiliate links.

Does anyone know the expiry date?
Preferred cards:

Brim WE . ☁️ . (I'm sorta re-thinking this)

CTFS CA and grandfathered Triangle WE .🔻