• Jun 26th, 2023 6:07 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23017 posts
6890 upvotes
Scarberia
1) do they verify income? 60k min for infinite visa dividend?
2) is there instant approval? tia
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2012
3063 posts
4997 upvotes
Toronto
I applied earlier this month through GCR with the 10% promo.

So far, all my transactions have been posting with 10% CB, they are reflected in my cashback balance. Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2012
3063 posts
4997 upvotes
Toronto
mikka2017 wrote: 1) do they verify income? 60k min for infinite visa dividend?
2) is there instant approval? tia
Yes, approval can be instant, though I am an existing CIBC client.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 29, 2008
8010 posts
4748 upvotes
Montreal
ozzie16 wrote: I applied earlier this month through GCR with the 10% promo.

So far, all my transactions have been posting with 10% CB, they are reflected in my cashback balance. Face With Tears Of Joy
Thank you for the update.
I was unsure to apply because of negative feedback.
VirginPlus / Stickermule / HP Instant Ink
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
7000 posts
7627 upvotes

Was there any GCR rebate at the time? It's $0 right now, for both the Platinum and Infinite versions, though they both get 10% and FYF.

I'd rather open the TD Cash Back Visa Infinite, for the same 10%/FYF. The cash back redemption is much better with TD than with CIBC, as you can redeem whenever you want, no need to wait for a statement or year-end. Better yet, give something back to RFD, and use their affiliated offer so they can receive a little bit of referral, and be thanked for hosting this forum site for us:
td-sponsored-td-cash-back-visa-infinite ... y-2390087/
*** My private mail inbox is full. Cannot receive new messages. ***
Countdown - 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0. Done@6603. 2022-07-26 3:17pm ET.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2012
3063 posts
4997 upvotes
Toronto
bizee-bee wrote: Was there any GCR rebate at the time? It's $0 right now, for both the Platinum and Infinite versions, though they both get 10% and FYF.

I'd rather open the TD Cash Back Visa Infinite, for the same 10%/FYF. The cash back redemption is much better with TD than with CIBC, as you can redeem whenever you want, no need to wait for a statement or year-end. Better yet, give something back to RFD, and use their affiliated offer so they can receive a little bit of referral, and be thanked for hosting this forum site for us:
td-sponsored-td-cash-back-visa-infinite ... y-2390087/
No, no GCR rebate.

Why not do both? I got the TD CBVI a few months ago.

Longer term I may keep the CIBC one as it has 4% back on groceries and I get one premium card waived.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
7000 posts
7627 upvotes
ozzie16 wrote: No, no GCR rebate.

Why not do both? I got the TD CBVI a few months ago.

Longer term I may keep the CIBC one as it has 4% back on groceries and I get one premium card waived.
Thanks. Too bad then, with no GCR rebate on those CIBC Div card offerings.

Why not do both? Why not do MULTIPLE? So many 10%/FYF offers available to spin around the track. I'm on my 5th TD CBVI card, and my wife had 2 as well. We've each had the CIBC Div Platinum, and just myself for the BMO WE CB. I've got another TD Visa that can be PS'd to the CBVI, and my wife has 2. Plus we can each grab the CIBC Div Infinite, or consider opening another Div Platinum. BMO hasn't been favourable on her applications so she's averse to knocking on their door. Anyways, plenty of these 10% CB cards to take a ride on. The one we couldn't hitch onto was the Tangerine offer for 15% CB.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2007
6041 posts
2749 upvotes
Vancouver
bizee-bee wrote: Thanks. Too bad then, with no GCR rebate on those CIBC Div card offerings.

Why not do both? Why not do MULTIPLE? So many 10%/FYF offers available to spin around the track. I'm on my 5th TD CBVI card, and my wife had 2 as well. We've each had the CIBC Div Platinum, and just myself for the BMO WE CB. I've got another TD Visa that can be PS'd to the CBVI, and my wife has 2. Plus we can each grab the CIBC Div Infinite, or consider opening another Div Platinum. BMO hasn't been favourable on her applications so she's averse to knocking on their door. Anyways, plenty of these 10% CB cards to take a ride on. The one we couldn't hitch onto was the Tangerine offer for 15% CB.
Hey Yoda Bee,

Can you have CIBC Div Plat and CIBC Div Infinite at same time?

I now have CIBC Div Infinite, TD CBVI and BMO Cash Back WE. Can you have 2 TD CBVI (different card numbers) at same time? I have lots of spending coming up.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
7000 posts
7627 upvotes
Speedy1 wrote: Hey Yoda Bee,

Can you have CIBC Div Plat and CIBC Div Infinite at same time?

I now have CIBC Div Infinite, TD CBVI and BMO Cash Back WE. Can you have 2 TD CBVI (different card numbers) at same time? I have lots of spending coming up.
Luke! Didn't think I'd find you here in Dagobah. :lol:

I don't have both CIBC cards (yet), but I don't see why you CAN'T have the Div Plat and Div Infinite. At one time I had 3 CIBC AeroBiz Visa cards, 2 CIBC Aerogold Infinites, a basic Dividend Visa and a (*cough*) Tim Hortons Double-Double Visa, all concurrently. But that was in my prior churning life. Go for it. Should be a snap for you to get both the Div Plat and Div Infinite, with your blazing churning sabre.

Hey, those are the same 3 cards I also have atm (CIBC Div Infinite, TD CBVI and BMO Cash Back WE).

I had 4 TD CBVI cards concurrently in Nov/Dec, all via PS though. I currently have 6 different TD tradelines in my virtual wallet (aka the sock drawer). I have friends who have opened more than one TD CBVI card concurrently via new application, but not during this promo phase.

I started opening these cash back cards only recently (Nov 2019), as I was points-fatigued. So many travel points, not enough time to use them all, so I've backed out of the game. +1MM Aeroplans, +1MM Avios, 1MM Bonvoys and 3 more 5-nite certs, 400K Alaskas...and we already have re-booked 2 more Aeroplan biz mRTWs for later this year and next year. If we can't fly them, it'll mean more headaches from the refunded points to deal with. I needed a break. I know you have similar/more numbers than mine, yet I see you're still opening the points cards. Points are eroding away in value. Don't sit on them too long.

The cash back cards give moderate returns, nothing like the value we were getting from opening the travel-related cards. But, now we can't even leisure travel without fear for at least a few more months, and the way the USA is dealing with the C-19, the rest of the world may remain unfriendly to travel, for another year+. The low hanging cash back cards are a stress-free playground to relax in, yet still have some fun. :)
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23017 posts
6890 upvotes
Scarberia

Did u get any cb from. Gcr site? It's zero cb now
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Guru
Aug 24, 2016
11666 posts
14020 upvotes
Win-ter-peg
mikka2017 wrote: Did u get any cb from. Gcr site? It's zero cb now
CIBC cards are on GCR only for the advertising.
There has never been a signup bonus for any CIBC cards on GCR, besides a very short lived bonus on the AC conversion card a couple years back.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 29, 2008
8010 posts
4748 upvotes
Montreal
coolintheshade wrote: CIBC cards are on GCR only for the advertising.
There has never been a signup bonus for any CIBC cards on GCR, besides a very short lived bonus on the AC conversion card a couple years back.
The 10% promotion is not available on CIBC website itself, so it could be considered a form of signup bonus.
VirginPlus / Stickermule / HP Instant Ink
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2019
2687 posts
4430 upvotes
BC
cashinstinct wrote: The 10% promotion is not available on CIBC website itself, so it could be considered a form of signup bonus.
I was able to get the 10%/$2000 offer on the CIBC website by using the cancelled application trick. Go to CIBC website, apply for standard public offer, bail out of application, refresh website, get the 10% offer. YMMV.

Going through GCR's affiliate link is perhaps slightly easier but since they don't give us any kickback on their commission I personally didn't see the advantage.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
7000 posts
7627 upvotes
rhw123 wrote: I was able to get the 10%/$2000 offer on the CIBC website by using the cancelled application trick. Go to CIBC website, apply for standard public offer, bail out of application, refresh website, get the 10% offer. YMMV.

Going through GCR's affiliate link is perhaps slightly easier but since they don't give us any kickback on their commission I personally didn't see the advantage.
Well, all fun and games aside, the advantage of going through GCR is that you don't have to go through any trickery to get the ghosted offer.

Having said that, your suggested way will work as well, including the satisfaction of having gamed the online application system. :D

I did something similar back when the CIBC Aerogold for Business Visa became an expired deal. The application pop-up bar for the offer would appear at the bottom of the web page, but only if you scrolled down verrrrrrrry slowly. So, even though CIBC terminated the promotion earlier than originally advertised, many people were still able to resuscitate the offer (and got the 30K signup bonus with FYF) with a steady hand/mouse. :lol:
Deal Guru
Aug 24, 2016
11666 posts
14020 upvotes
Win-ter-peg
Has anyone applying as a current customer been carted into a branch to finish the application?
My result was “Your next step, we’ve received your request, but we can’t complete your application online at this time”
Then goes on to say I need to attend a branch to complete it.
What kind of BS is this.
Is it due to a recent address change, even though my bureau files and CIBC are updated with the new address?
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2012
3063 posts
4997 upvotes
Toronto
coolintheshade wrote: Has anyone applying as a current customer been carted into a branch to finish the application?
My result was “Your next step, we’ve received your request, but we can’t complete your application online at this time”
What kind of BS is this.
Is it due to a recent address change, even though my bureau files and CIBC are updated with the new address?
Sometimes you just need to try again. The exact same thing happened to me. I tried again while signed in to my CIBC online banking, and it went through approved.
Deal Guru
Aug 24, 2016
11666 posts
14020 upvotes
Win-ter-peg
ozzie16 wrote: Sometimes you just need to try again. The exact same thing happened to me. I tried again while signed in to my CIBC online banking, and it went through approved.
I did try it twice, and same result.
Also applied signed in.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
7000 posts
7627 upvotes
coolintheshade wrote: Has anyone applying as a current customer been carted into a branch to finish the application?
What kind of BS is this.
Coolio, we have had to go into a branch to show ID before they handed a new card over to us, a couple of times with CIBC and also with RBC. Something in your/our profile triggers the request. In my case, perhaps opening so many new cards in such a short time period prompted them to ask me to come into the branch, when it was not my first CC ever with CIBC, but rather on my 4th or 5th card with them. For my wife with RBC, it was her first ever card, and a second card half a year later, but then not for her third card, another year later.

Just accept it, that 'it' happens.

[edit]: Ooops. I mis-read your situation. In our situation, we were approved already for our cards, and had to pickup in a branch. In your case you can't complete the application. I read your post too quick, apologies. Never had your situation happend to us before.
Last edited by bizee-bee on Jul 23rd, 2020 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 9, 2017
100 posts
87 upvotes
coolintheshade wrote: I did try it twice, and same result.
Also applied signed in.
Yup, same thing happened to me. Phone agents ran me around in circles saying they couldn't see the attempted application and promised a branch would call back for an appointment (they didn't) before I gave up.

Still, this is pretty typical of the quality of service I get from CIBC, and CIBC only. Same thing happened last time I applied for a card with them, and 5 different agents told me 5 different things (though that time I did get the card after a month of wrestling with them).
Jun 30, 2020
38 posts
87 upvotes
What kind of BS is this.
Yes, this has happened to me once (Applying for Aerogold) from CIBC online banking. I got this same message but I didn't try re-applying right away. I applied again 5 days later and it went through no problem with instant approval. I think the CIBC application side couldn't connect or retrieve any data from the credit bureau side at the time to do a credit check so it gave out that reply message.

Also of note, I didn't get a hard pull the first time. So, you may want to check if you got a hard pull (YMMV). And I never received any follow up or emails for that first application.