Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2012
5763 posts
2988 upvotes
Winnipeg

[CIBC] Earn $5 cash back with Paymi YMMV CIBC Cards

Got this email below, YMMV

Get money back on household needs, food delivery and more

Until Ju‍ne 3‍0, 2‍02‍0 get a $5 cash back bonus when you register your eligible CIBC credit, debit and prepaid cards with Paymi and make one eligible purchase.1

Register to‍da‍y and make one eligible purchase by Ju‍ne 3‍0, 20‍2‍0 and you’ll get an extra $5 cash back bonus!

It's easy:

1. Register your existing eligible CIBC credit, debit or prepaid cards with Paymi1 through CIBC Online or Mobile Banking®.

2. Check out which retailers have money back offers through the Paymi App or website.

3. Shop how you want. Get money back on required purchases both online and in‑store.2

Start earning cash back on your necessary purchases to‍da‍y.

1 To qualify, register for Paymi and make one purchase before Ju‍ne 3‍0, 2‍02‍0 that earns Paymi cash back rewards according to the Paymi terms and conditions using a linked CIBC payment card. The $5 cash back bonus reward will be credited to your Paymi account and can be redeemed through paymi.com using Interac e-Transfer. Debit purchases count toward your allowable transaction limit and bank account transaction fees may apply.
2 Some cash back rewards are only available on online purchases. Click the information icon on each offer in Paymi's member offer web and app page for full offer details.
All Paymi rewards are provided by Paymi and not CIBC. Paymi terms and conditions apply, visit www.paymi.com. Paymi cash back rewards can only be earned on eligible cards and offer related purchases with the payment card(s) linked to your P‍ay‍mi‍.‍c‍o‍m account, or by clicking through the link to a merchant website as directed in Paymi’s member offer web and app pages. See the information on all offers in Paymi’s member offer web and app pages for full details on cash back eligibility. Eligible card details found at www.cibc.com/en/special-offers/paymi.html. Offer related purchases are purchases made in response to a merchant offer made to you via the Paymi platform. The purchases must be made within the offer period specified on Paymi’s member offer web and app pages to be eligible for cash rewards. Offers expire at midnight on the offer end date specified. If an offer related purchase is canceled or returned for a full refund, the Paymi‍.‍c‍om incentive rewarded will be deducted. If a portion of the offer related purchase is returned, the Paymi‍.‍c‍om incentive awarded will be reduced proportionately in relation to the return amount of the purchase. Redemption of the cash back rewards is facilitated through Paymi‍.‍c‍om through Interac e‑Transfer.
Zoomer Wireless | Public Mobile | Simplii | Tangerine | CIBC
22 replies
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
7162 posts
1810 upvotes
BC
Just FYI...
To help create your Paymi profile, CIBC will share some personal details:
  • First and last name
  • Year of birth
  • Postal code

To help you get cash back rewards, CIBC will share some transaction data with Paymi:
  • Transaction history from 90 days before you register with Paymi
  • Daily transaction history starting on the day you register with Paymi
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2012
1084 posts
297 upvotes
TORONTO
Any referral bonus for sign up? Thanks
Sep 5, 2017
473 posts
244 upvotes
I had seen an offer about them before, but had never heard of them. Are they legit? Other than I assume selling your info which everyone seems to do?
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2016
2817 posts
4967 upvotes
Toronto
pawprints86 wrote: I had seen an offer about them before, but had never heard of them. Are they legit? Other than I assume selling your info which everyone seems to do?
Legit. Yeah, other than the collecting info part which I don't care that much. I will sell my name and postal code, year of birth, gener and email address on RFD if someone can offer me $10
Jan 31, 2014
270 posts
149 upvotes
LarryT778370 wrote: Legit. Yeah, other than the collecting info part which I don't care that much. I will sell my name and postal code, year of birth, gener and email address on RFD if someone can offer me $10
If you include your sin, I'll give you 12$
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
1087 posts
702 upvotes
Kwirky wrote: Just FYI...
$5 to buy my info? I'm worth more than that I think. Thanks for the heads up!
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2017
1397 posts
900 upvotes
Toronto, ON
i got this offer too. i'm not sure how / if i'd use it.
Sep 24, 2006
576 posts
54 upvotes
This program is 100% legit, I work for CIBC who teamed up with Paymi first. If you bank with CIBC it integrates through your online banking sign-on and passively earns you rewards (cash-back).
Having said that, the rewards are a lot less than when they first rolled out last spring/summer. I purchased new cabinets at Lowe's and received 20% cashback (they Email money transfer it when you hit a minimum threshold and request) on my entire cabinet purchase. $1250 in cash via EMT, I was stoked!
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2017
1397 posts
900 upvotes
Toronto, ON
bigkyle wrote: This program is 100% legit, I work for CIBC who teamed up with Paymi first. If you bank with CIBC it integrates through your online banking sign-on and passively earns you rewards (cash-back).
Having said that, the rewards are a lot less than when they first rolled out last spring/summer. I purchased new cabinets at Lowe's and received 20% cashback (they Email money transfer it when you hit a minimum threshold and request) on my entire cabinet purchase. $1250 in cash via EMT, I was stoked!
. it's great that paymi has enhanced benefits for its family of cibc / innovation banking / wood gundy employees!
Deal Addict
May 23, 2006
1682 posts
232 upvotes
If you didnt get the email do you still get the $5? I am already CIBC customer
Zoomer wireless $36/month: 5GB data + 800 minutes
Dec 11, 2008
52 posts
50 upvotes
Scarborough
Just try to sign in with the OPs link with your CIBC banking account info. It will then link your CIBC credit card to your PayMi account. At least that is what it said when I registered for it. It took me like a minute to sign up.
Last edited by Sanforized on Apr 23rd, 2020 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
9290 posts
7662 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
bchow05 wrote: Just try to sign in with the OPs link with your CIBC banking account info. It will then link your CIBC credit card to your PayMi account. At least that is what it said when I registered for it. It took me like a minute to sign up.
This is not true. You earn extra $5 as a referrer, but the referee gets no benefit other than the $5 offered to CIBC customers opening a Paymi account and that does not require a referral link.
Last edited by Sanforized on Apr 23rd, 2020 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: The post you are quoting has been edited
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2012
1084 posts
297 upvotes
TORONTO
DragonRider wrote: This is not true. You earn extra $5 as a referrer, but the referee gets no benefit other than the $5 offered to CIBC customers opening a Paymi account and that does not require a referral link.
Do you mean I can just sign up the Paymi and I get $5 for sign up and may get another $5 for the current promotion? Thanks.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
9290 posts
7662 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
HappyValley1 wrote: Do you mean I can just sign up the Paymi and I get $5 for sign up and may get another $5 for the current promotion? Thanks.
Yes, $5 for registered your CIBC card, and another $5 for making an eligible purchase, regardless of whether you sign up with a referrer or not.
Referral bonus only benefits the referrer, not the referee in any way.
Dec 11, 2008
52 posts
50 upvotes
Scarborough
DragonRider wrote: This is not true. You earn extra $5 as a referrer, but the referee gets no benefit other than the $5 offered to CIBC customers opening a Paymi account and that does not require a referral link.
"Yes! Sharing is caring. You will receive $5.00 for every friend you refer to Paymi as soon as they make their first eligible purchase."

That was my bad. I did not read it clearly. Only $5 offered by CIBC you get for signing up. Plus another $5 for making the first purchase. You can also link any other debit/credit card to it other than CIBC but not sure if we will get the offer thought. Maybe for the second and so on purchase. I will probably do a Skip the Dishes with it as it offered up to 7% cashback but it does not mention that on the website or the app.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2012
1084 posts
297 upvotes
TORONTO
Question, does it have minimum earned balance in order to cash out? Like Ampli you need to earn up to $15 in order to cash out. Thanks.
Sep 5, 2017
473 posts
244 upvotes
I made my first purchase today through an email from paymi for up to 4% cash back from skip the dishes... Wish it was more detailed about what purchases equal which amount of cash back.

I have a CIBC card that I used, which is also confusing. At one point I read that CIBC linked cards meant an extra 2% cash back, but it was unclear if that meant every purchase?
Aug 22, 2012
501 posts
551 upvotes
Signed up for Disney+ with a cibc card and used the email I received from CIBC for this promo

Seems like an easy $20 - 9 = $11? + Disney+ for another month even though we watched everything worthwhile last time. The Mandalorian is really great for anyone who hasn't seen it!
Jul 29, 2016
367 posts
97 upvotes
The $5 isn't even mentioned anywhere when I open the link in OP. Hmm

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)