Free $20 for all existing Costco MasterCard holders of CIBC Costco Mastercard

• Last Updated:
  • May 20th, 2022 6:44 pm
[OP]
Apr 25, 2016
216 posts
281 upvotes
taxland

[CIBC] Free $20 for all existing Costco MasterCard holders of CIBC Costco Mastercard

Get a $20 Welcome Bonus with your new card
You’ll receive your new CIBC Costco Mastercard by August 31, 2022. When it arrives:

1. Make a purchase with your newly activated card.

2. Register with the CIBC Mobile Banking App or CIBC Online Banking.

Complete these two easy steps in any order before December 31st, 2022, and you'll enjoy a $20 statement credit in an upcoming statement.10
Last edited by 7things on May 17th, 2022 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
55 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
2886 posts
1015 upvotes
Thornhill
Lol. No thanks.

If we all hold out it'll be 100!!
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2011
9343 posts
16974 upvotes
Montreal
Yep, $20 to get a new credit card seems like a "nothing promotion".

Anyone knows a better offer for a credit card?
May 22, 2004
670 posts
359 upvotes
Montreal
Call me when it's $200.
Apr 28, 2017
56 posts
187 upvotes
Temporel wrote: Yep, $20 to get a new credit card seems like a "nothing promotion".

Anyone knows a better offer for a credit card?
This is not an offer for new card holders. See the terms and conditions.

"This offer is only available to a primary cardholder who held a Costco Mastercard on March 3, 2022 and whose credit card account was subsequently converted to one of the new CIBC Costco Mastercard or CIBC Costco World Mastercard (“Eligible Cards”)."
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2011
2011 posts
383 upvotes
GTA
So if you switched from another cibc card?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2003
6940 posts
3469 upvotes
Moncton, NB
I think this is more for people that have the Costco Capital One card and got switched to CIBC because I got the offer but still waiting for my new CIBC card to replace my costco Capital One.

I mean 20$ free for a replacement card is good enough for me :)
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
23388 posts
29086 upvotes
nounou23 wrote: I think this is more for people that have the Costco Capital One card and got switched to CIBC because I got the offer but still waiting for my new CIBC card to replace my costco Capital One.

I mean 20$ free for a replacement card is good enough for me :)
It's a who cares item, but I'll take $20 for no effort.

Canada sucks for financial deals, so this is considered generous.
Nov 29, 2016
121 posts
78 upvotes
I'm still waiting for my new card. It looks like we will wait until August.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
3868 posts
3302 upvotes
Wow... $20 bux?!? And I thought the Roger WE offer of $25 in points sucked!
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2019
4637 posts
26070 upvotes
nayhat wrote: I'm still waiting for my new card. It looks like we will wait until August.
New cards will sent out based on your card’s current expiry date.
May 10, 2010
775 posts
1136 upvotes
Kenora
Pardon wrote: New cards will sent out based on your card’s current expiry date.
This is new to me. Where was that announced? Are they sending them based on expiry month, not year?
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
23388 posts
29086 upvotes
nayhat wrote: I'm still waiting for my new card. It looks like we will wait until August.
That's what I'm told.

My Capital One tap function broke centuries ago, limping along on chip only.
muffin4life wrote: Wow... $20 bux?!? And I thought the Roger WE offer of $25 in points sucked!
Mind your manners, ma'am. My goodness.
Jan 16, 2010
63 posts
116 upvotes
Alberta
This is a really bad promo. You should be making at least $200 on a new cc signup...
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2019
4637 posts
26070 upvotes
poopdedoop wrote: This is new to me. Where was that announced? Are they sending them based on expiry month, not year?
Just moved so had to call to change address.

I inquired about new cards and was told new cards were sent out based on expiry date, so as not to leave anyone without a card if one has a card that is about to expire in the near future.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
6519 posts
3542 upvotes
Toronto
Lastkai wrote: This is a really bad promo. You should be making at least $200 on a new cc signup...
It's not a new signup. The formerly CapitalOne Costco credit card has been moved to CIBC and all existing cardholders have been transferred over. If you had the CapitalOne card, you will be getting this card - this promo is just to get people to use the new card (and the CIBC app etc.) once transferred over.
Apr 2, 2013
793 posts
851 upvotes
Barrie
Ah this is actually good as I have already registered it with the app and use it. Should see the free $20.
Jan 31, 2018
969 posts
1702 upvotes
Winnipeg
Manatus wrote: It's not a new signup. The formerly CapitalOne Costco credit card has been moved to CIBC and all existing cardholders have been transferred over. If you had the CapitalOne card, you will be getting this card - this promo is just to get people to use the new card (and the CIBC app etc.) once transferred over.
Yeah, so many dopes not understandimg this deal, and downvoting or commenting from ignorance.

To anyone who already has a Costco credit card, and is keeping/using it after the switch to CIBC, this is essentially a free $20. No changes, no churning, no hit to the credit rating, just free money. What's not to love?
Last edited by OneAndTrueHeir on May 17th, 2022 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)