Expired Hot Deals

CIBC

Free $20 for all existing Costco MasterCard holders of CIBC Costco Mastercard

• Last Updated:
  • May 20th, 2022 6:44 pm
Nov 14, 2006
508 posts
484 upvotes
Did anyone else notice the mobile device insurance coverage of up to $1000 with this CIBC Costco World Master Card?
Jul 27, 2021
26 posts
64 upvotes
Scarborough
$20 is not enough to pull the trigger, especially when Costco now accepts all Mastercards
Dec 1, 2003
166 posts
59 upvotes
Toronto
poopdedoop wrote: This is new to me. Where was that announced? Are they sending them based on expiry month, not year?
They mailed a letter to me recently, saying it'll be coming soon in the month of August. I think the communication transition could have been better - I'll admit its a bit confusing.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 13, 2010
5145 posts
6015 upvotes
GTA
levisylvain wrote: $20 is not enough to pull the trigger, especially when Costco now accepts all Mastercards
They always accepted all Master cards when they switched from American Express. I never had the Costco Capital One card.
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2005
1356 posts
2103 upvotes
Victoria
levisylvain wrote: $20 is not enough to pull the trigger, especially when Costco now accepts all Mastercards
Pull the trigger for what? You're either an existing Costco Mastercard holder or you're not.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
2213 posts
626 upvotes
Canada
OneAndTrueHeir wrote: Hate to break it to you, but if you do have a Costco Credit Card, you do indeed bank with CIBC. Register with online banking to access/manage that card, make a purchase with the CIBC card after you receive it, free $20,

If you do not have a Costco Credit Card, then this thread isn't for you. This is only for existing card holders, as clearly laid out in the deal link in the OP.
Thanks, I probably should have provided more details. I do have a Capital One Costco MC. I currently do all my banking with one bank so my experience is limited in terms of what’s out there these days. Okay, so since I will receive the CIBC Costco card soon, it also means I already have some sort of CIBC account (I already receive my Capital One statements from CIBC in the mail).
Jan 31, 2018
962 posts
1700 upvotes
Winnipeg
zoomzoom wrote: Okay, so since I will receive the CIBC Costco card soon, it also means I already have some sort of CIBC account (I already receive my Capital One statements from CIBC in the mail).
That is correct, your card is now an account with CIBC and you can sign up for CIBC online banking or app right now. It creates no other banking obligation to CIBC, but it will make you eligible for this $20.
Sep 24, 2004
961 posts
573 upvotes
Scarborough
On another note reg. the same card. I was able to add it to google pay.
Jun 15, 2021
819 posts
710 upvotes
dgmagnum wrote: This is not an offer for new card holders. See the terms and conditions.

"This offer is only available to a primary cardholder who held a Costco Mastercard on March 3, 2022 and whose credit card account was subsequently converted to one of the new CIBC Costco Mastercard or CIBC Costco World Mastercard (“Eligible Cards”)."
Buuuu, I got the card for the 3% petrol only, but I did not have it on the 3rd march. $20 is $20 so I'm upset I won't be getting this.
WTS 10GB ESIM Canadian data valid for 30 days from activation
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2021
1485 posts
2776 upvotes
Vancouver/Richmond/B…
AbdulR94 wrote: That's a sweet deal but the $25 for the walmart MC is even better!
Where you read that from
Jun 4, 2012
48 posts
30 upvotes
BRESLAU
People are upset for getting $20? I hope this ends up on r/ChoosingBeggars.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2009
4964 posts
3361 upvotes
Ontario
orakle22 wrote: Call me when it's $200.
It should lbe more than that as compensation for the shambles of a transition.
Jun 21, 2007
960 posts
209 upvotes
Milton, ON
For those who are still waiting for their new card if you call and tell them your card stopped working they will send you the new card in a few days.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2009
4964 posts
3361 upvotes
Ontario
chicot wrote: Still waiting for new card
They also have not transferred electronic purchase records.
Jun 11, 2015
177 posts
214 upvotes
London Ontario
I'm an existing Costco C1 cardholder that was ported to CIBC. $20 posted to the card yesterday and its not been used in years.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)