• Oct 12th, 2018 3:49 pm
[OP]
Nov 13, 2016
184 posts
283 upvotes

[CIBC] Free $300 when you open CIBC Smart Account

Here's how to earn $300*:

Step 1
Open a CIBC Smart Account and provide your email address before June 30.
Step 2
Complete a direct deposit or 2 pre-authorized payments within 3 months.

2. ELIGIBILITY:
This Offer is only open to residents of Canada who: (i) have reached the age of majority; and; (ii) at the
beginning of the Offer Period, were not a holder (or joint holder) of a CIBC chequing account, as determined by
CIBC at its sole discretion on the basis of its official records and; (iii) have not previously received or benefited
from a CIBC chequing account cash or other promotional offer from 2015 to present time, as determined by
CIBC at its sole discretion on the basis of its official records. CIBC employees and retired employees are not
eligible for the Offer. This Offer cannot be combined with any other offer, reward or rebate. However,
individuals who open a CIBC Smart Account (the “Eligible Chequing Account”) who qualify for the CIBC
Homeowner®
Banking Bundle or the CIBC Smart Account fee waiver will also still qualify for this Offer.
Individuals who meet the foregoing eligibility requirements and otherwise comply with these Terms, as
determined by CIBC at its sole discretion, may be referred to as “Eligible Clients”.

OFFER FULFILLMENT AND CONDITIONS:
If an Eligible Client qualifies to receive the Cash Reward, such Cash Reward will be directly credited to his/her
Eligible Chequing Account (which must remain open and active) within twelve to sixteen (12-16) weeks of
completing the applicable requirements as provided herein. The Cash Reward must be accepted as awarded
and is not transferable or assignable. The Cash Reward is subject to the Cash Reward Condition set out below.
No Cash Reward substitutions will be permitted.
Last edited by slampii on Jul 9th, 2018 12:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
If someone's comment helped you, an upvote only takes 1 click!
486 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
1452 posts
1538 upvotes
† Transactions are withdrawals from your account done in-branch, via an ABM or electronically including bill payments, cash withdrawals, transfers, debit purchases, pre-authorized payments and cheques. Deposits into your account are free.

* Offer begins on May 1, 2018 at 12:01 a.m. (ET) and ends on June 30, 2018 at 11:59 p.m (ET). Offer only open to Canadian residents who have reached the age of majority and who are not holders or joint holders of a CIBC chequing account. To qualify, open a CIBC Smart™ Account and provide a valid email address. Next, within 3 calendar months, you must set up and complete within the CIBC Smart Account at least one (1) eligible recurring direct deposit OR at least two (2) different eligible recurring pre-authorized debits within the same calendar month. Offer cannot be combined with any other offer, reward or rebate except the CIBC Homeowner® Banking Bundle or the CIBC Smart™ Account fee waiver. The cash reward will be deposited into your CIBC Smart Account within 12-16 weeks of your completion of the required transactions. Other conditions apply. For full offer details, visit a CIBC Banking Centre or review the Terms and conditions (PDF, 110 KB) .

1 Please see the Personal Account Service Fees brochure available at cibc.com or in-branch for a description of transactions that are included in the CIBC Smart™ Account monthly fee and everyday banking fees for other Personal Bank Accounts and Services.

2 The additional $1.50 service fee has been removed for sending an Interac e-Transfer® transaction. Each time you send money with Interac e-Transfer service, this counts as a transaction towards calculating your monthly fee.

CIBC Smart™ Account is a trademark of CIBC. CIBC Cube Design & “Banking that fits your life.” are trademarks are CIBC.
When you upvote my posts, this is what happens:
My wife loves me more😂, my car goes faster😎, my house becomes bigger😐, My boss gives me a raise😁.

Fact check, none of the above is valid.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
1452 posts
1538 upvotes
Your monthly fee starts at $4.95 and is capped at $14.95. Plus, your monthly fee is waived if you maintain a minimum end-of-day balance of $3,000 each day and a recurring direct deposit or two pre-authorized payments each month.
When you upvote my posts, this is what happens:
My wife loves me more😂, my car goes faster😎, my house becomes bigger😐, My boss gives me a raise😁.

Fact check, none of the above is valid.
Apr 13, 2005
330 posts
171 upvotes
Next, within 3 calendar months, you must set up and complete within the CIBC Smart Account at least one (1) eligible recurring direct deposit OR at least two (2) different eligible recurring pre-authorized debits within the same calendar month.
The cash reward will be deposited into your CIBC Smart Account within 12-16 weeks of your completion of the required transactions.
How long will it take for the direct debit or direct deposit to be setup? Usually a full billing/ pay cycle..
So we are looking around almost 5 months.
Dec 25, 2013
716 posts
489 upvotes
Toronto
So people who did this in the past and closed their account are eligible to do it again correct?
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2006
4813 posts
639 upvotes
Toronto
2. ELIGIBILITY:
This Offer is only open to residents of Canada who: (i) have reached the age of majority; and; (ii) at the
beginning of the Offer Period, were not a holder (or joint holder) of a CIBC chequing account, as determined by
CIBC at its sole discretion on the basis of its official records and; (iii) have not previously received or benefited
from a CIBC chequing account cash or other promotional offer from 2015 to present time,
as determined by
CIBC at its sole discretion on the basis of its official records. CIBC employees and retired employees are not
eligible for the Offer. This Offer cannot be combined with any other offer, reward or rebate. However,
individuals who open a CIBC Smart Account (the “Eligible Chequing Account”) who qualify for the CIBC
Homeowner®
Banking Bundle or the CIBC Smart Account fee waiver will also still qualify for this Offer.
Individuals who meet the foregoing eligibility requirements and otherwise comply with these Terms, as
determined by CIBC at its sole discretion, may be referred to as “Eligible Clients”.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2006
4813 posts
639 upvotes
Toronto
Ychanceit wrote:
May 1st, 2018 2:30 pm
So people who did this in the past and closed their account are eligible to do it again correct?
See post #6, Goodbye CIBC $300
Dec 25, 2013
716 posts
489 upvotes
Toronto
:(

quote=cgtlky post_id=29277244 time=1525199898 user_id=38909]
2. ELIGIBILITY:
from a CIBC chequing account cash or other promotional offer from 2015 to present time,
as determined by
Homeowner®
[/quote]
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2006
4813 posts
639 upvotes
Toronto
slampii wrote:
May 1st, 2018 2:42 pm
Better than their promotion last year when you had to keep the account open for 12 months.
Please add the eligibility from post #6, I got it from CIBC website term and condition PDF file
Jun 21, 2017
141 posts
103 upvotes
Ontario
slampii wrote:
May 1st, 2018 2:42 pm
Better than their promotion last year when you had to keep the account open for 12 months.
The Cash Reward is subject to the condition (the “Reward Condition”) that the Eligible Client’s Chequing Account must remain open, active and unconverted for at least one (1) calendar year from the month-end of the month during which the Account was opened. Failing this, such Eligible Client (a “Disqualified Reward Client”) will not qualify for the Cash Reward. If the Cash Reward has already been provided to a Disqualified Reward Client, CIBC reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to charge the client’s Chequing Account for, or send an invoice to the Disqualified Reward Client for, $300 CAD.
Dec 25, 2013
716 posts
489 upvotes
Toronto
I guess the bank's have caught on disallowing previous users of promos seems to be common with the new wave of promos
Dec 4, 2008
699 posts
302 upvotes
I don't see a mention of a minimum term to keep account opened.

So timeline looks like: Open account --> complete DD/2x pre-auth in a day --> wait up to 4 months ($4.95/month fee * 4 = $19.80) --> close account?

Net gain = $300 - ($4.95 * 4) = $280.20 for investing a negligible amount?

This is a pretty nice deal if that's the case.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
40494 posts
2021 upvotes
Richmond Hill
sports1 wrote:
May 1st, 2018 3:07 pm
I don't see a mention of a minimum term to keep account opened.

So timeline looks like: Open account --> complete DD/2x pre-auth in a day --> wait up to 4 months ($4.95/month fee * 4 = $19.80) --> close account?

Net gain = $300 - ($4.95 * 4) = $280.20 for investing a negligible amount?

This is a pretty nice deal if that's the case.
As per the previous promos...
The Cash Reward is subject to the condition (the “Reward
Condition”) that the Eligible Client’s Chequing Account must remain open, active and unconverted for at least
one (1) calendar year
from the month-end of the month during which the Account was opened. Failing this,
such Eligible Client (a “Disqualified Reward Client”) will not qualify for the Cash Reward. If the Cash Reward
has already been provided to a Disqualified Reward Client, CIBC reserves the right, in its sole and absolute
discretion, to charge the client’s Chequing Account for, or send an invoice to the Disqualified Reward Client
for, $300 CAD.
***Brand New Nintendo Switch Console with Grey Joy-Con ONLY $330!!***
Silver Coins | 3M Furnace Filters | Nintendo Switch Grey
Heatware | RFD Feedback

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)