[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2009
2069 posts
867 upvotes
Toronto

CIBC Investors Edge 8 digits ATON number

Hi everyone,

I am trying to do a transfer out from my CIBC Investors Edge account and the receiving broker notified me that the ATON number supposed to be 10 digits. The only account number I can see on the CIBC IE statement has only 8 digits.

Wondering if anyone might have some information regarding this issue. TIA.
Last edited by andrew4321 on Jan 17th, 2021 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
6 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2012
1566 posts
352 upvotes
Montreal
andrew4321 wrote: Hi everyone,

I am trying to do a transfer out from my CIBC Investors Edge account and the receiving broker notified me that the ATON number supposed to be 10 digits. The only account number I can see on the CIBC IE statement has only 8 digits.

try adding 10 to the front of the number
Jan 31, 2015
10 posts
2 upvotes
Richmond Hill
It might not possible, I had similar issue 1 month ago and gave up, CIBC investor' edge is not connected with ATON system.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2010
2461 posts
880 upvotes
You have to ask them. Just send a secure message, they will tell you.
Nov 22, 2017
8 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
andrew4321 wrote: Hi everyone,

Did you figure this out?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 17, 2008
5269 posts
4663 upvotes
There are two hidden numbers at the end of of your 8 digit IE account #. I saw this on an old transfer in from WG. IDK how they work beyond that, so you'll have to contact IE. There are 10 digits in your acct though.
May 2, 2019
468 posts
529 upvotes
Vancouver
pavelfd wrote: Did you figure this out?
MrMom wrote: There are two hidden numbers at the end of of your 8 digit IE account #. I saw this on an old transfer in from WG. IDK how they work beyond that, so you'll have to contact IE. There are 10 digits in your acct though.
Asking IE is right. The account numbers are 8 digit, however two digits are added for the ATON provider. From the ATON best practices guide (technical):

3.3 CIBC
Vendor: Broadridge
Contact information: Transfer Support Line 416-935-0386 <-- (might be for vendors not customers, but at least they should know what it's about - yvrbanker)

CHAPTER 2
Service providers

ATON has the following service providers:
• Broadridge (formerly ADP) – 10-digit account number
• ISM – seven-digit account number
• Dataphile – eight-digit account number

For Broadridge 10-digit account numbers, the last two digits represent the type and
check. If the last two digits are missing, do one of the following:
• For Broadridge users, use CKDG to obtain the last two digits prior to setting up an
RFT notice.
• For non-Broadridge users, contact the delivering firm to obtain the required
information.