• Jun 16th, 2021 1:57 pm
Tags:
[OP]
May 18, 2017
458 posts
255 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario

CIBC Investor's edge is down?

Anyone else's CIBC platform down? Shall we call in and get free trades or compensation?
101 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2001
3555 posts
3109 upvotes
GTA
Mobile Banking is too, due to "scheduled maintenance". Face With Tears Of Joy
[OP]
May 18, 2017
458 posts
255 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
N8Magic wrote: Mobile Banking is too, due to "scheduled maintenance". Face With Tears Of Joy
zzz....need to place some trades. Need to call in and ask for compensation. let me know if you get free stuff!
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2015
7870 posts
3997 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
Not available right now
2022: BOC raised 2 times and MCAP raised its prime next day.
2017 to 2018: BOC raised rates 5 times and MCAP raised its prime next day each time.
2020: BOC dropped rates 3 times and MCAP waited to drop its prime to include all 3 drops.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2009
5373 posts
1239 upvotes
Montreal
Who does maintenance on a Friday morning? It's such a lame excuse.
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2016
1486 posts
839 upvotes
Edmonton
I’ve had Investors edge for many years and this is one of the only times it has been down...it happens
Deal Fanatic
Aug 17, 2008
7374 posts
7563 upvotes
via chat:

"Yes, my sincere apologies for the inconvenience. Our technology team has been engaged and we are working quickly to resolve the issue. At this point, we do not have an expected time frame."
"All trades must be made through our telephone representatives for the time being"
"At the moment the wait time is under 5 minutes, please choose option four to speak to a <trader>"

Just noticed this banner @ 12:40: "Signing on to Investor’s Edge is currently unavailable. We are working on the issue and service should be back to normal shortly."
Deal Fanatic
Aug 17, 2008
7374 posts
7563 upvotes
open for business at 3:23pm :facepalm:
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2001
3555 posts
3109 upvotes
GTA
Still down for me.

The ENTIRE trading day, on the last day of the month/quarter. Someone is getting fired.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 17, 2008
7374 posts
7563 upvotes
At CM, instead of fired, they are getting promoted and the Gerry McCauhey award
Dec 1, 2008
389 posts
35 upvotes
For those of you with CIBC Investors Edge, do you have the ability to transfer money online from the IE account to your bank account with another institution, or can you only do online transfers with a CIBC bank account? I have this issue with RBC DI (can't send money to my BMO bank account without a fee). Don't want to run into this again, as I'm considering signing up for a new account with IE to take advantage of the cashback promo with some new money.
[OP]
May 18, 2017
458 posts
255 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
d-burn wrote: For those of you with CIBC Investors Edge, do you have the ability to transfer money online from the IE account to your bank account with another institution, or can you only do online transfers with a CIBC bank account? I have this issue with RBC DI (can't send money to my BMO bank account without a fee). Don't want to run into this again, as I'm considering signing up for a new account with IE to take advantage of the cashback promo with some new money.
yes i can transfer funds directly back and forth from the CIBC IE account to my third party account. But you should call to confirm what you want to do. Also their live chat is quite good if you dont want to call.
Jun 6, 2010
215 posts
Richmond Hill
They handed out 5 free trades on Monday (Oct 1st) because of this, but wasn't worth the downtime.
Jul 11, 2009
999 posts
748 upvotes
Calgary
Looks like its down again today - and again its Friday morning. Monthly outages for a trading platform makes investors edge seem like a mickey mouse operation.
no sig
Deal Fanatic
Aug 17, 2008
7374 posts
7563 upvotes
CIBC IE down for anyone else right now? I can't get on via mobile nor desktop

Update: Voice msg "temporarily unavailable" Let me just walk over to the nearest ATM machine and try there. Same GUI for their trading interface. :facepalm:
Update 10:00ET: I was logged on around 9am ET, but just received this msg.
Update 3: "Order Received: June 13, 2019, 10:17:27 AM ET" via desktop
Images
  • CIBC IE down.JPG
Last edited by MrMom on Jun 13th, 2019 10:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jun 12, 2019
1 posts
CIBC investor Edge is down down down!!! either cannot log on, or log on can not do any trade. Shame on CIBC. They should fire 90 percent those eng working on this project.
Apr 5, 2019
2 posts
Is anyone else experiencing technical issue, where you submit a sell order ie at 1100am, instead of going to the next page to enter your password, the order just disappear and the order got submitted and sold at the amount that you did not ask for, ie Limit amount is $15.45 and since you did not put your password in, the system just automatically submitted your order in, and sold it at $11.05 with also a time difference of 45 minutes. Example when you created your sell order for $15.45 sell at 11:00am. and the system automatically sold it without you entering the password, if you check on the Oder Status you can see the order was submitted at 10:15 for $11.05 meaning you lost a lot of money depending how many shares you have. I have this happened twice to me, and CIBC Investors Edge keeps telling me they have no issue, the first time it happened they were having technical issues on and off during that week. They keep saying I entered my password. I wouldn't call them if I didn't have this issue, and I was making money when I sold it, with this technical issue, I lost money, I just want to know if anyone else are having the same issue.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)