[CIBC] Investor's Edge up to $400 cash back
- Deal Link:
- March 4, 2020
Same offer was available last year around this time. See thread: cibc-investors-edge-upto-400-cash-back-2244708/
This offer is best for "couch-potato" investors (like me) who don't trade often, and just need a place to park their investment accounts. The nice thing about this offer is, if you transfer $100k and maintain that balance, you can get a CIBC Smart Plus account for free. That means free all-inclusive chequing and annual fee waived on a premium credit card, without having to park $6000 in a no-interest (i.e. chequing) account.
Investors Edge Cash Back Offer Terms and Conditions:
1. The cash back offer (the “Offer”, described in paragraph 2 below) begins on November 1, 2019 and ends on March
4, 2020 (the “Offer Period”). The Offer applies to eligible transfers into a new or existing CIBC Investor’s Edge
account (the “Account”) with CIBC Investor’s Edge, a division of CIBC Investor Services Inc., that are initiated
during the Offer Period. The date on which the Transferred Assets are received in the Account is referred to as the
2. The Offer: If you transfer an eligible amount of cash and/or securities (the “Transferred Assets”) into your
Account(s) you are eligible to receive a cash credit to your Account(s), as outlined below:
a) Transferred Assets with a market value of $25,000 or more (but less than $50,000) are eligible for a
$100.00 cash credit applied to the Account
b) Transferred Assets with a market value of $50,000 or more (but less than $100,000) are eligible for a
$200.00 cash credit applied to the Account.
c) Transferred Assets with a market value of $100,000 or more are eligible to receive a $400.00 cash
credit applied to the Account.
3. Cash credits pursuant to the Offer will be applied to each Account that holds an eligible amount of Transferred
Assets during the week of May 18, 2020 for transfers received on or before November 30, 2019, during the week of
June 22, 2020 for transfers received between December 1, 2019 and December 31, 2019, during the week of July
20, 2020 for transfers received between January 1, 2020 and January 31, 2020, and during the week of September
17, 2020 for transfers received between February 1, 2020 and April 30, 2020.
4. In order to be eligible for the Offer:
a. The Transferred Assets must be transferred to CIBC Investor’s Edge from an account that is not held at
any of the CIBC group of companies. The CIBC group of companies includes but is not limited to:
Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC), CIBC Imperial Service, CIBC Imperial Investor Service,
CIBC Asset Management Inc., CIBC Securities Inc., CIBC Wood Gundy, CIBC Private Investment
Counsel, CIBC Trust Corporation, CIBC Private Wealth Management, or such other subsidiary or affiliated
company of CIBC from time to time;
b. The transfer of Transferred Assets must be either be:
i. initiated and the necessary transfer documentation must be in the possession of CIBC Investor’s
ii. you must notify CIBC Investor’s Edge that you have otherwise deposited Transferred Assets into
your Account, on or before March 4, 2020; and
c. The Transfer-In Date must be between November 1, 2019 and April 30, 2020 to be eligible for the Offer,
and deposits initiated after March 4, 2020 are not eligible for the Offer.
CIBC Investor’s Edge is not responsible for transfers that are not initiated, received or completed by these
dates due to technical problems or malfunctions. You are solely responsible for the payment of any fees,
penalties, charges or other amounts associated with the transfer of Transferred Assets to Account(s).
5. The Offer is non-transferable and cannot be combined with any other promotional offer.
6. For the purpose of the Offer, the value of the Transferred Assets will be based upon the market value of such
assets as of 4 p.m. (EST/EDT) on the Transfer-In Date, as determined by CIBC Investor’s Edge in its sole and
7. To qualify for the Offer, the value of the Transferred Assets held in the Account minus any withdrawals from the
Account on or after the Transfer-In Date must be at least $25,000 (where you would be entitled to receive aInvestor’s Edge Cash Back OffeOffer November2019 – March 4, 2020
$100.00 cash credit, $50,000 (where you would be entitled to receive a $200 cash credit) or at least $100,000
(where you would be entitled to receive a $400.00 cash credit). The value must remain above $25,000, $50,000 or
$100,000, as applicable, until the date that the cash credit is applied to the Account. During this period, if the value
of the Transferred-In Assets held in the Account, drops below $25,000, $50,000 or $100,000, as applicable, due to
withdrawals, the Offer shall immediately be void and any cash credits pursuant to the Offer will not be applied. If,
however, the value of the Transferred-In Assets held in the Account drops below $25,000, $50,000 or $100,000 as
applicable, due to market or currency fluctuations, the Offer will still be valid. The values/balances of Accounts,
Transferred Assets and withdrawals shall be determined by CIBC Investor’s Edge in its sole and absolute
8. Securities that are not listed on a recognized exchange or quoted on a recognized quotation or trade reporting
system or other market recognized by CIBC Investor’s Edge, in its sole and absolute discretion, do not qualify as
Transferred Assets and will not be taken into consideration when determining whether the conditions of the Offer
9. All dollar amounts expressed herein refer to Canadian dollars. In order to determine whether the Account qualifies
for the Offer, the Canadian dollar value of any Transferred Assets denominated in a currency other than Canadian
dollars will be determined using currency rates established by CIBC Investor’s Edge from time to time. All cash
credits paid pursuant to the Offer will be paid in Canadian dollars only. Cash credits into a registered account will
not impact your contribution room if you have transferred in Transferred Assets to a registered account.
10. You are solely responsible for any tax consequences or other amounts which may be associated with the Offer, the
transfer of Transferred Assets into or trades placed in the Accounts.
11. Terms and conditions applicable to the Offer are subject to change without notice at the sole and absolute
discretion of CIBC Investor’s Edge.
12. You are deemed to have accepted the terms and conditions of this Offer upon transferring into an Account an
amount of Transferred Assets eligible for the Offer.
13. You may opt out of the Offer at any time by notifying CIBC Investor’s Edge at 1-800-567-3343 in which case any
credits made to your Account pursuant to the Offer will be reversed.
14. CIBC Investor’s Edge reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to withdraw the Offer or to disqualify,
limit or revoke the Offer in respect of any CIBC Investor’s Edge customer who it determines or believes is abusing
or manipulating the Offer.
15. Additional terms and conditions may apply to opening an account with CIBC Investor’s Edge and the transfer-in
and operation of accounts at CIBC Investor’s Edge. Details are available upon request.
16. All disputes arising out of this offer shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of competent courts of the Province