Expired Hot Deals

CIBC Meet with Adviser for $50 Visa Gift Card (select locations)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 29th, 2019 12:32 am
[OP]
Sep 6, 2017
95 posts
89 upvotes

CIBC Meet with Adviser for $50 Visa Gift Card (select locations)

Deal Link:
Expiry:
October 31, 2019
I think this deal has happened in the past but this is the first time for me~

Book an appointment with an investment adviser and bring in a outside investment statement greater than $20,000. No commitments and receive a $50 Visa Gift Card.

† LIMITED TIME OFFER. WHILE SUPPLIES LAST. OFFER MAY BE WITHDRAWN OR CHANGED WITHOUT NOTICE AT ANY TIME BEFORE THE ABOVE DATE. The $50 prepaid Visa* card will be determined by CIBC and is available to people who bring in their eligible investment statement(s) bearing their name from another financial institution, and meet with a CIBC advisor for a complimentary net worth review and a retirement and/or investment plan (which includes creating a prospective client profile including name, phone number and address) by the offer date of October 31, 2019. Participants may need to schedule a formal appointment to speak with a CIBC advisor and may need to present proof of identification for identification purposes and to qualify for the gift card. The investment statement(s) must show a minimum of $20,000 in registered or non-registered investable assets outside of CIBC or CIBC subsidiaries. Investable assets are defined by investments in publicly traded stocks, bonds, mutual funds and Guaranteed Investment Certificates or cash. This offer is not eligible for existing CIBC investment statement(s). No substitution permitted. Limit one gift card per household. CIBC will not retain the original or any copies of individual’s investment statement(s). Offer is not open to CIBC employees or family members domiciled with them or minors.

‡ Offer only available at the following locations: YONGE & BROOKDALE BANKING CENTRE (3256 Yonge Street Toronto, ON M4N2L6), AVENUE RD. & WOBURN BANKING CENTRE (1623 Avenue Road Toronto, ON M5M3X8), 17TH & BELLEVUE BANKING CENTRE (225 - 17th Street West Vancouver, BC V7V4T1), PARK ROYAL SHOPPING CENTRE (1031 Park Royal South West Vancouver, BC V7T1A1), CAPILANO SQUARE BANKING CENTRE(400 - 879 Marine Drive North Vancouver, BC V7P1R7), ASPEN LANDING BANKING CENTRE (333 Aspen Glen Landing Southwest, Unit 147 Calgary, AB T3H0N6), MARDA LOOP BANKING CENTER (2412 - 34 Avenue Southwest Calgary, AB T2T2C8), BOW TRAIL BANKING CENTRE (4623 Bow Trail Southwest Calgary, AB T3C2G6), WESTHILLS BANKING CENTRE (121 Stewart Green Southwest Calgary, AB T3H3C8), BAYVIEW AVE. AT MILLWOOD BANKING CENTRE (1529 Bayview Avenue Toronto, ON M4G3B5), LEASIDE VILLAGE BANKING CENTRE (97 Laird Drive, Unit 1 Toronto, ON M4G3T7), EGLINTON & BAYVIEW BANKING CENTRE ( 1820 Bayview Avenue Unit G, Toronto, ON M4G4G7).
Images
  • piccccccc.PNG
53 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 22, 2015
5781 posts
5284 upvotes
kaiseki wrote: This seems like a pretty good deal considering it's with a financial adviser and not an advisor

https://www.moneysense.ca/save/investin ... r-adviser/
Fine print says 'CIBC advisor' though. Not sure that CIBC even has any fiduciary advisers available through its retail banking division... Pretty sure you need to go through Wood Gundy or Private Banking
Oct 24, 2017
179 posts
119 upvotes
So I read through the T&C, it doesn't look like this is limited to new customers?
Sep 18, 2017
682 posts
947 upvotes
Vancouver
superfresh89 wrote: Fine print says 'CIBC advisor' though. Not sure that CIBC even has any fiduciary advisers available through its retail banking division... Pretty sure you need to go through Wood Gundy or Private Banking
Cold deal if that's the case

Financial advisors are nothing more than bank salespeople.
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2013
3272 posts
1841 upvotes
YUL/YVR
Too bad the locations are very limited.
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2005
1611 posts
750 upvotes
Sounds like a different version of that 'get a free gift if you sit in on a timeshare presentation.'
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2007
2415 posts
1192 upvotes
Vancouver
can i meet the advisor daily?
Deal Addict
May 23, 2014
1205 posts
756 upvotes
canada
danned wrote: can i meet the advisor daily?
Lollll I bet u could meet at diff locations same day
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2013
3272 posts
1841 upvotes
YUL/YVR
danned wrote: can i meet the advisor daily?
Why limit yourself at daily when you can hourly, or multiple advisors at the same location?
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2007
2415 posts
1192 upvotes
Vancouver
AdamKing wrote: Why limit yourself at daily when you can hourly, or multiple advisors at the same location?
go daily with different locations
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
1437 posts
1197 upvotes
Edmonton
No love for Edmonton. I'll be visiting Toronto though. I wonder if they will still let me make an appointment to see them.
Nov 25, 2009
521 posts
300 upvotes
Vancouver
Does discount brokerages count? (Questrade)
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2013
3272 posts
1841 upvotes
YUL/YVR
ToniCipriani wrote: Vancouver North Shore only.
Did you read OP? Here, let me seperate out the spacing a little:

‡ Offer only available at the following locations:
YONGE & BROOKDALE BANKING CENTRE (3256 Yonge Street Toronto, ON M4N2L6),
AVENUE RD. & WOBURN BANKING CENTRE (1623 Avenue Road Toronto, ON M5M3X8),

17TH & BELLEVUE BANKING CENTRE (225 - 17th Street West Vancouver, BC V7V4T1),
PARK ROYAL SHOPPING CENTRE (1031 Park Royal South West Vancouver, BC V7T1A1),
CAPILANO SQUARE BANKING CENTRE(400 - 879 Marine Drive North Vancouver, BC V7P1R7),

ASPEN LANDING BANKING CENTRE (333 Aspen Glen Landing Southwest, Unit 147 Calgary, AB T3H0N6),
MARDA LOOP BANKING CENTER (2412 - 34 Avenue Southwest Calgary, AB T2T2C8), B
OW TRAIL BANKING CENTRE (4623 Bow Trail Southwest Calgary, AB T3C2G6),
WESTHILLS BANKING CENTRE (121 Stewart Green Southwest Calgary, AB T3H3C8),

BAYVIEW AVE. AT MILLWOOD BANKING CENTRE (1529 Bayview Avenue Toronto, ON M4G3B5),
LEASIDE VILLAGE BANKING CENTRE (97 Laird Drive, Unit 1 Toronto, ON M4G3T7),
EGLINTON & BAYVIEW BANKING CENTRE ( 1820 Bayview Avenue Unit G, Toronto, ON M4G4G7).
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2008
1268 posts
437 upvotes
Toronto
malik1234 wrote: Hi do I pick the Toronto locations?
+1

Cant figure this out. Can I just pick a branch and book with any financial advisor there?
Zoomer for phone + Carrytel for internet + Tangerine bank account + Stack debit card + Great Canadian rebates, ebates, drop and paymi for rebates.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2012
3011 posts
2631 upvotes
Montreal
So I have to book a flight to get a $50 GC?

virtuman1980 wrote: Haha...pretty interesting fellow indeed...but it was this persistence/stubbornness of his that got him the positive result in the end.
datako wrote: ... Although, I'm a little surprised you went against what everyone advised ,op. You've got balls and absolutely crazy at the same time to do this.
[OP]
Sep 6, 2017
95 posts
89 upvotes
malik1234 wrote: Hi do I pick the Toronto locations?
Click the "book a banking center" now and then click a random Vancouver location. The link will direct you to their generic booking site where you can switch cities to Toronto.
The link I posted is a special one specific for Vancouver but I'm sure an Ontario one is out there, just that I did not find it.
Jan 12, 2017
33 posts
17 upvotes
I'm sorry, but the "advisor" vs "adviser" distinction is just ridiculous. There's lots of reasons to be skeptical of someone who is a financial salesperson first and foremost (which most of the bank people would be), but they are not distinguished by an e or an o. Look for someone with a designations such as a CFP, and depending on assets, preferably someone licensed with IIROC vs MFDA (able to offer stocks and ETFs, not just mutual funds). (or even worse, someone only licensed for segregated funds).

source: I'm a financial planner