• Jun 6th, 2020 1:00 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
5427 posts
1836 upvotes
GTEH!
PatrickRedFlagDeals wrote: I received an e-mail from Petro-Points Reward this afternoon

New! Introductory offer with RBC Royal Bank of Canada™.
Continue to instantly save 2¢ per litre on fuel purchases at Petro-Canada™. Just pay with any RBC credit card* to enjoy these fuel savings. Offer ends October 30th, 2017. No minimum purchase required.
We are excited about this new relationship with RBC and look forward to sharing more great offers with you soon!

The link in the e-mail directs you to the following:

https://www.rbcroyalbank.com/credit-car ... nada/2cpl/
Interesting. Unfortunately I don't have any RBC credit cardsDisappointed Face
😎
Apr 25, 2005
876 posts
240 upvotes
Just got my Sept statement covering through Aug 31 (obviously) on my Platinum Visa and oddly enough, no more "bonus" top up to 4% line was included in the rewards section.
Only 1% and upto 4% - which essentially means, the 4% cashback on all purchases wasn't honored all the way to Aug 31st (my previous 2 statements added up to 4% all the way).

Does any one have the original letter sendt out that indicated 4% cashback on all purchases "with no limits" - as I understand it, on the non-platinum ones, there could have been a $5000 spending limit where the top up was made. But was there a similar line in the "small print" for platinum as well? I am pretty sure I had gone through that letter pretty carefully and didn't remember such exception.

I will make a call to CIBC later on to confirm, but in the mean time, if anyone has any paper work from a few months ago to share (or direct experience), will free.

thanks
Nov 25, 2002
997 posts
259 upvotes
Brampton
theshowman wrote: Just got my Sept statement covering through Aug 31 (obviously) on my Platinum Visa and oddly enough, no more "bonus" top up to 4% line was included in the rewards section.
Only 1% and upto 4% - which essentially means, the 4% cashback on all purchases wasn't honored all the way to Aug 31st (my previous 2 statements added up to 4% all the way).

Does any one have the original letter sendt out that indicated 4% cashback on all purchases "with no limits" - as I understand it, on the non-platinum ones, there could have been a $5000 spending limit where the top up was made. But was there a similar line in the "small print" for platinum as well? I am pretty sure I had gone through that letter pretty carefully and didn't remember such exception.

I will make a call to CIBC later on to confirm, but in the mean time, if anyone has any paper work from a few months ago to share (or direct experience), will free.

thanks
The 4% on all purchases on the Platinum version through to Aug 31 was capped at $5K in purchases.
Apr 25, 2005
876 posts
240 upvotes
nabeel wrote: The 4% on all purchases on the Platinum version through to Aug 31 was capped at $5K in purchases.
Thanks. I guess that explains why. I think I must have spent 5k equaling to $200 in rebates on the first two months then.
Cheers
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2015
3929 posts
1152 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
Interesting. I was at Petro Canada filling up the other day, and on the gas pump screen was an advert for the CIBC Petro Points Master Card. hmm, guess somebody forgot to tell them the card is discontinued, lol.
Hi
Feb 3, 2010
202 posts
46 upvotes
Lower Woods Harbour
I filled up recently, they said .02 thing with RBC is done. Need to link my Petro Points card with my Royal Bank card to get .03 cents now. I was wondering if this safe or should I go to bank and get them to do it?
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2010
2018 posts
1475 upvotes
GTA
Trans Am wrote: I filled up recently, they said .02 thing with RBC is done. Need to link my Petro Points card with my Royal Bank card to get .03 cents now. I was wondering if this safe or should I go to bank and get them to do it?
I did the link online and got the 3c off per litre on my RBC Cashback MC. The online process was smooth.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
5427 posts
1836 upvotes
GTEH!
Trans Am wrote: I filled up recently, they said .02 thing with RBC is done. Need to link my Petro Points card with my Royal Bank card to get .03 cents now. I was wondering if this safe or should I go to bank and get them to do it?
martydxb wrote: I did the link online and got the 3c off per litre on my RBC Cashback MC. The online process was smooth.
Yes, the online process to link the cards is straight forward, secure and easy.
😎
Jun 6, 2010
20 posts
3 upvotes
Mississauga
Your quote is valid today in days of Pandemic
Jun 6, 2010
20 posts
3 upvotes
Mississauga
Surprisingly till today there is no annual fee. Earlier I was not using this card much till I read this discussion thread.