Oct 29, 2016
105 posts
84 upvotes

CIBC Send money to mainland China and get a $10 coin

Deal Link:
CIBC Global Money Transfer™
Send money to mainland China with $0 transfer fee

Limited time offer when you send money to China by February 16, 2017:
Silver coin† Get a ½ ounce silver lunar coin† celebrating the Year of the Rooster.
and Win a trip to Beijing or Shanghai†† Plus, we’ll enter your name to win one of 8 pairs of round-trip tickets to China―worth approximately $4,000††!

Send $1 to a china donation account and get that $10 coin?

ANY INPUTS?
Last edited by imaredflagger on Jan 31st, 2017 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
24 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2008
1332 posts
127 upvotes
Toronto
To make this offer hotter, you can refer people for this service and both of you will get a $25 credit.

I've tried it with the order foreign cash before and got the credit no problem.

Edit: There's a $100 CAD minimum. So only hot if you or family have accounts in China.
My Rogers Plan: 250 DT, Unlim. inc., Unlim. E/W @ 8pm, 100 CDN LD, 100 txt sent/unlim. rec., CID/VM/Call forward & transfer = $15.90/month after all tax and fees.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
1861 posts
439 upvotes
What would have been better is the other way around, wire transfer money from a China acct to a CIBC acct. this can help overseas workers deposit money into their Canadian acct much easier than what I had to do, mail a debit card back and get hit with bank fees but more more important very tedious process.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2009
1782 posts
927 upvotes
imaredflagger wrote: CIBC Global Money Transfer™

Silver coin† Get a ½ ounce silver lunar coin† celebrating the Year of the Rooster.
and Win a trip to Beijing or Shanghai†† Plus, we’ll enter your name to win one of 8 pairs of round-trip tickets to China―worth approximately $4,000††!

ANY INPUTS?
Yeah, you need to input $100 CAD minimum to get this coin sooooooooo worth it if you were going to send money anyway?
Apr 26, 2005
530 posts
112 upvotes
Richmond
ykshum wrote: To make this offer hotter, you can refer people for this service and both of you will get a $25 credit.

Edit: There's a $100 CAD minimum. So only hot if you or family have accounts in China.
Thanks for the info. But I don't see anywhere on their website mentioned this. How do I refer other people?
Apr 26, 2005
530 posts
112 upvotes
Richmond
imaredflagger wrote: CIBC Global Money Transfer™

ANY INPUTS?

Minimum transaction amount is $100.00 CAD, and I'm pretty sure the recepient will be charged on China side
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2015
1841 posts
1126 upvotes
Laval, QC
Hot if no minimum transaction amount Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Expert
Nov 15, 2004
18328 posts
3239 upvotes
Toronto
Mainland China only? Not Hong Kong?
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2010
1961 posts
420 upvotes
Toronto
ykshum wrote: To make this offer hotter, you can refer people for this service and both of you will get a $25 credit.

Where does it mention this minimum amount? Terms and conditions does not show a minimum...
Zoomer Wireless [on Rogers Network] $36 - 400 Canada Wide Minutes + 2GB LTE data
Aug 31, 2010
2 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
Can I create an account send 4k to my supplier then close the account in a month? Do they receive in RMB? do I have to pay in CND or is USD ok?
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
15667 posts
1725 upvotes
GTA
do i need to open a banking account? does my petropoints mastercard count?
Oct 6, 2008
161 posts
113 upvotes
Winnipeg
djdestroyer wrote: It has like $8 of silver in it..
I understand that but I was just letting others know that if one were to purchase the coin it would cost them $40... Not saying the coin is worth $40.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2014
2447 posts
743 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Jtu85 wrote: I understand that but I was just letting others know that if one were to purchase the coin it would cost them $40... Not saying the coin is worth $40.
And I understand that which is why I didn't refute it or challenge you. I simply said how much silver was in it. People can make up their minds whether it's closer to $8 value or $40.