Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
CIBC

[Targeted] Open CIBC Bank Account & Receive $150 Costco Gift Card + $400 CIBC Welcome Bonus

Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2018
2725 posts
2535 upvotes

[CIBC] [Targeted] Open CIBC Bank Account & Receive $150 Costco Gift Card + $400 CIBC Welcome Bonus

Open a CIBC Smart™ Account as your first chequing account and provide your email address.

Plus, earn up to an additional $400 cash.

TOTAL OF $550 FOR OPENING UP A BANK ACCOUNT
One ongoing direct deposit, for example: your paycheque and; Learn about direct deposits. Opens in a dialog.

2. Within the same month, one of the 3 transactions:

• 2 ongoing pre-authorized debits, for example: your hydro bill Learn about pre-authorized debits. Opens in a dialog.

• 2 Visa* Debit purchases or; Learn about Visa Debit purchases. Opens in a dialog.

• 2 online bill payments of $50 or more each, for example: your phone bill

Enjoy an extra $50
Open a CIBC eAdvantage® Savings Account.

In the first 2 months of opening your Smart Account, transfer $200 from your new chequing account into your new savings account. Conditions apply.
Last edited by angel_wing0 on Jan 20th, 2023 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Deal is targeted
NOT A WOMAN. JUST GOT A WEIRD NAME. I AM A MAN. THANKS.
57 replies
Deal Guru
Aug 5, 2006
10745 posts
7903 upvotes
Global Village
Have to keep account open for at least a year. Anyone who has had a CIBC chequing account since 2019 is out for the $400, to get the $150 Costco GC it must be your 1st CIBC chequing account ever.. That's going to close the door to a bunch here.
Last edited by scoper on Jan 18th, 2023 12:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
All day I dream about sports

Tangerine, Meridian, EQ Bank, Simplii, CIBC Investor's Edge
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2014
1406 posts
750 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
Does say in the terms that you're required to keep it open for one year or they can take the bonus back. So you're looking at a year's worth of fees.
The CIBC Smart Account must remain open, active, unconverted and in good standing for at least one (1) year after the month that the Account was opened and the email address must remain on file and valid for at least one (1) year. If you downgrade, convert or close your Account at any time before one (1) year after the month that the Account was opened, we reserve the right to disqualify you from receiving the Reward or if the Reward has been provided, we reserve the right to withdraw from your Account or any of your accounts with CIBC the value of the Reward even if this places you into overdraft. If your Account is closed and you do not have any other account with us at that time, we may send you an invoice for the value of the Reward, which you agree to pay within 30 days of its postmark date.
Also looks to be targeted.
Offer only available to Canadian residents who have received an invitation to participate from CIBC with their name on it, reached the age of 25 or older and who are not CIBC employees or retirees. This offer is not transferrable.
Last edited by ahumanbeing on Jan 18th, 2023 12:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2018
2725 posts
2535 upvotes
Just keep $4g in it and no fees.
Aug 31, 2021
43 posts
90 upvotes
In the terms and condition

Offer only available to Canadian residents who have received an invitation to participate from CIBC with their name on it,
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
9452 posts
11809 upvotes
Calgary
jenneth wrote: Just keep $4g in it and no fees.
4000$ in a 5% savings account for a year is worth 200$.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2018
2725 posts
2535 upvotes
SammyDavis wrote: 4000$ in a 5% savings account for a year is worth 200$.
$550 yields above 10%. Pretty decent.
Jun 8, 2012
322 posts
126 upvotes
Do they do a credit check for opening a chequings?
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2006
2947 posts
24009 upvotes
I recently signed up with CIBC with their previous promotion. I may have had bad luck with them sending me a faulty card and subsequently having to deal with incompetent staff at multiple locations and the call center. Their staff had little to no understanding of the various promotions that were offered to me. A couple of their staff didn't even seem to understand what a visa debit is. Might be isolated experience but I don't recommend this bank. I know that most banks are bad so perhaps this is just par for the course!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
9452 posts
11809 upvotes
Calgary
SHR3WD wrote: Do they do a credit check for opening a chequings?
Soft pull.
Deal Guru
Oct 21, 2015
12851 posts
135814 upvotes
888888 upvotes
only overdraft does hard checks. i think
Costco West: BC, AB, SK & MB
Costco East: ON, Québec , NB, NS & PEI
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2010
4018 posts
4409 upvotes
GTA
I'd think its hard if done online, regardless. At least it was that way a while back.
Soft hit can be done if it's in person at a branch and the agent is competent (they may choose to ignore it and try to sell you more products that need a hard hit).
Aug 4, 2018
120 posts
371 upvotes
SammyDavis wrote: 4000$ in a 5% savings account for a year is worth 200$.
Minus taxes. Haven’t ever seen bonuses taxed.
Nov 23, 2009
50 posts
185 upvotes
l6w
Also in the terms:
The direct deposit and the pre-authorized debit must remain in effect for at least 1 year from after the month of opening the account.
If you downgrade, convert or close your Account or cancel any recurring Qualifying
Actions
at any time before one (1) year after the month that the Account was opened, we reserve the right to
disqualify you from receiving the Cash Reward or if the Cash Reward has been paid, we reserve the right to withdraw
from your Account or any of your accounts with CIBC the value of the Cash Reward even if this places you into
overdraft. If your Account is closed and you do not have any other account with us at that time, we may send you an
invoice for the value of the Cash Reward, which you agree to pay within 30 days of its postmark date
Though, I can't really see them clawing back the bonus if the direct deposit stops. What if someone was laid off from their job, loses their direct deposit and CIBC claws back several hundred dollars from them? bad PR. Still a pretty annoying condition
Dec 8, 2001
890 posts
216 upvotes
Ancaster
Is anyone aware when the $400 bonus is applied to the account? I took advantage of this promo back in April 2022, subsequently fulfilled all of the promo related transaction requirements within the 1st month and still haven't received the $400 promo.
Dec 8, 2001
890 posts
216 upvotes
Ancaster
The following 2yr no fee promo is also available for anyone with Goodlife Fitness membership.

CIBC SmartTM Plus Account
As a GoodLife Member or staff, you qualify for CIBC’s exclusive Group Banking Program which includes 2-years of no monthly fees on a CIBC SmartTM Plus Account, a 2-year annual fee rebate on CIBC credit cards, discounts on loans and lines of credit, and more!

To get the offer, apply online for your new credit card using the link below or book a meeting at your nearest CIBC Banking Centre and ask for the CIBC Group Banking offer for GoodLife to apply for your CIBC SmartTM Plus Account. Goodlife Rewards Link...
Dec 30, 2020
107 posts
297 upvotes
As other mentioned, it looks like it's targeted. I think this warrants a call to CIBC to see if I can quality though.

I have a Costco card but don't have any chequing accounts with them, I missed the last few offers.
Dec 17, 2019
333 posts
208 upvotes
Busiu wrote: Is anyone aware when the $400 bonus is applied to the account? I took advantage of this promo back in April 2022, subsequently fulfilled all of the promo related transaction requirements within the 1st month and still haven't received the $400 promo.
Terms and conditions: The cash reward will be deposited into your account within 7 months after the month that you opened the account.

This one is important for full $400
To qualify for the additional $50, complete steps to receive the first $350 and within 2 months of opening the Smart Account or Smart Plus Account, transfer at least $200 from your account into your eAdvantage® Savings Account.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2018
2725 posts
2535 upvotes
Wpgjets91 wrote: As other mentioned, it looks like it's targeted. I think this warrants a call to CIBC to see if I can quality though.

I have a Costco card but don't have any chequing accounts with them, I missed the last few offers.
Yeah I got the email from CIBC.

I think you qualify if you have CIBC Costco MasterCard.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)