Hot Deals

[CIBC] WEST: For those with CIBC CC (YMMV) I almost deleted email with TWO coupons $10 off of $15 & $10 of $25 at Save on Foods

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 5th, 2021 5:03 pm
[OP]
Mar 25, 2008
243 posts
786 upvotes
Metrotown / Burnaby …

[CIBC] WEST: For those with CIBC CC (YMMV) I almost deleted email with TWO coupons $10 off of $15 & $10 of $25 at Save on Foods

SUMMARY: just PM me for coupons, no need to read the below
since we confirmed the bar codes work as long as you show your
More Rewards card + pay with any CIBC credit card or debit card.
Original post:

I almost deleted an email from CIBC thinking it's just another cross-promotion between CIBC and Save on Foods i.e. bla-bla use-our-card to earn 2x points, but it contained 2 coupons ($10 off of min spend of $15, and $10 off of $25) that can be redeemed at: Save on Foods, Urban Fare or PriceSmart Foods.

NOTE: not apllicable to folks in the east because: Save-On-Foods operates 177 stores across British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and the Yukon Territory.

Things observed:
  • I have two CIBC cards: cash back + Aventura,
  • my wife has an Aventura CC
  • I got one email with these coupons
  • my wife got none
  • hence why I'm guessing it may be targetting casback cardholders (?)
  • but it may be some totally diferent criteria CIBC is using since on the respective coupons themselves it reads: "Spend min $15 on a single grocery purchase with any CIBC credit or debit card & get $10 gift cards for spending the stated minimum amounts... hence it may be that any CIBC credit card holder may be getting these based on some internal eligibility criteria. YMMV.
  • lastly the barcodes are likely generic because logically / logistically it would be practically impossible to have those unique, so I can share those with RFD-ers via PM but not comfortable posting here for lurkers...

Title of the email to look for in your inbox or recycling bin: Make grocery shopping 2x more rewarding

Sent/received: Feb 18

So check your email inboxes ...and recycling bins!!

Enjoy.
Images
  • Screenshot_20210221-074732_Chrome.jpg
  • Screenshot_20210221-074827_Chrome.jpg
Last edited by webdude on Feb 24th, 2021 1:56 pm, edited 5 times in total.
42 replies
Dec 24, 2017
904 posts
873 upvotes
London
Doesmt seem like ot would be for a cashback card since it says 2x points and theres no points on a cash back card. Also probably location based, ontario or at least the places ive lived in ontario dont have any of those stores
[OP]
Mar 25, 2008
243 posts
786 upvotes
Metrotown / Burnaby …
2x More Rewards points not credit card points.
https://www.morerewards.ca/CIBC

Thanks, didn't relise Save On Foods etc are not in the east... added the following to the post:

NOTE: not apllicable to folks in the east because: Save-On-Foods operates 177 stores across British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and the Yukon Territory.
Dec 24, 2004
98 posts
37 upvotes
Thanks OP!
I had moved mine to the trash without opening it. Appreciate you posting this as I wouldn’t have noticed them otherwise - great coupons!
Jul 13, 2016
135 posts
230 upvotes
Thanks OP! Would rather have a summary not a story in the title though
Aug 13, 2015
342 posts
480 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
webdude wrote: I almost deleted an email from CIBC thinking it's just another cross-promotion between CIBC and Save on Foods i.e. bla-bla use-our-card to earn 2x points, but it contained 2 coupons ($10 off of min spend of $15, and $10 off of $25) that can be redeemed at: Save on Foods, Urban Fare or PriceSmart Foods.
I have a CIBC Aeroplan Visa Infinite (previously known as Aerogold). The offer that I got is slightly different:
1. Feb 18 to Mar 3: spend $60 at Save-On in a single transaction with ANY CIBC credit or debit card (it says), and get $10 Save-On GC.
2. Mar 4 to 17: ditto, and get 2,000 more rewards points.
[OP]
Mar 25, 2008
243 posts
786 upvotes
Metrotown / Burnaby …
@adaniel that's Interesting so they are using some sort of criteria based od usage, spent , etc. so anyone with a CIBC card may have gotten some sort of variant of the promo.

I've PM'ed you the screens of the two coupons I received. Enjoy.

And now that you mentioned it I see the offer I got was also for two time periods:
1. Feb 18 to Mar 3: spend $15 at Save-On in a single transaction with ANY CIBC credit or debit card (it says), and get $10 Save-On GC.
2. Mar 4 to 17: spend $25, and get $10 GC.

Great catch. Thanks.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
1097 posts
682 upvotes
BC
Nothing for me either... I hardly use the card... Probably why...

Good deal if targeted
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2006
2315 posts
798 upvotes
Burnaby
I only got spend $60 get 1500 More Rewards Points which is worth about $6.43, for me hard to spend $60 without overspending on stuff that is overpriced, mostly just buy their weekly offers or front page special. Case-Lot or BOGO might help though.

They are using More Rewards data to capture your spending habits and then target with this offer. Obviously, I dont spend enough hence the higher spend to get points. Most times I can barely hit the $25 minimum spend for bonus points offer. Looking at my spend history over the last 6 months, I've never hit $60 spend unless buying a gift card (cough Amex), highest was $53.21.

Wonder if CIBC will partner with More Rewards with a co-branded credit card, hopefully better than the old Scotiabank More Rewards Visa. Would be a good way to top off points and use for trips to Vancouver Island. Otherwise, the rewards program is pretty trash lol.
Jun 28, 2019
194 posts
55 upvotes
Vancouver
Must be targeted, I don’t see anything
Feb 20, 2017
129 posts
129 upvotes
mine is Spend $60 on both. You had it lucky if your min spend is $15.
[OP]
Mar 25, 2008
243 posts
786 upvotes
Metrotown / Burnaby …
@amplified @Bertuzzi44 @mega4ever :
I just PMed you the screens with bar codes.
Adaniel confirmed it worked for him when using his CIBC card. Enjoy.
mega4ever wrote: mine is Spend $60 on both. You had it lucky if your min spend is $15.
Aug 13, 2015
342 posts
480 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
webdude wrote: @amplified @Bertuzzi44 @mega4ever :
When I used the coupon, cashier was intrigued and asked me questions about the coupon. So I offered if she would want a copy of the coupon LOL.
Mar 6, 2008
104 posts
72 upvotes
webdude wrote: @amplified @Bertuzzi44 @mega4ever :
Do you mind PMing me the codes as well? I go to Save on at least once a week for their happy hour deals. Maybe that’s why they didn’t send me anything Neutral Face. Thanks in advance!
[OP]
Mar 25, 2008
243 posts
786 upvotes
Metrotown / Burnaby …
@missdiva @AEmgee @impostor @SkillOverload
Screens-shots sent via PM. Enjoy.
Likely best to save them as photos on your cell, so when you view them they look like they're indeed what you received.

I strive to check the inbox every 2-3 hours, so even if I don't get a chance to check the thread know I'll get back to you with the codes.
Cheers.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 1, 2001
5521 posts
599 upvotes
Do you have to bring a gift card up to the till with you, or is it a special promo GC that they give you?
Feb 15, 2011
18 posts
12 upvotes
I have two $10 ones. Can PM if you want them.
Aug 13, 2015
342 posts
480 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Arrow wrote: Do you have to bring a gift card up to the till with you, or is it a special promo GC that they give you?
In my experience using coupon from @webdude , the cashier just grabbed a gift card from behind her at the till and loaded it with $10, NOT a special GC.
Feb 20, 2017
129 posts
129 upvotes
does anyone know if this is multiple use coupon? I have now used $60 once and the $15 spend one once.
If this is multiple use coupon, this would be amazing.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

testdnakr