Hot Deals

[CIBC] YMMV CIBC Dividend Visa Infinite $250 Cashback!

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 26th, 2021 6:35 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Apr 17, 2015
577 posts
435 upvotes
Toronto, ON

YMMV CIBC Dividend Visa Infinite $250 Cashback!

Deal Link:
Retailer:
CIBC
Typically 10% cashback on $2000 total spend, during the first 4 statements. Playing around with the website back and forth gave me the "exclusive offer" of a bonus $50. 10% on $2500 spend. I have no CIBC products, but have in the past. I also was not logged in to anything.
Images
  • upload.jpg
  • upload.jpg
113 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2008
1752 posts
1333 upvotes
Define "playing around"..
Apr 1, 2013
762 posts
1013 upvotes
Fredericton
Won't work at Costco, and most cards don't consider Walmart to be groceries. I would think a lot of folks do their grocery shopping at Costco and Walmart, so this card is useless in that respect (1% reward only).
Aug 30, 2019
919 posts
720 upvotes
Brampton
sports1 wrote: Define "playing around"..
Lol reddit has exact steps, op must saw this offer there too
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2008
1752 posts
1333 upvotes
brampton90 wrote: Lol reddit has exact steps, op must saw this offer there too
Ok I suspected that's what OP did, but wanted a confirmation. This "trick" (whatever you call it) is several months old.

Tl;dr: CIBC sometimes gives targeted offers if you apply for a card and "cancel" your application midway through. Try clearing your cookies first. Doesn't always work.

Although it seems like CIBC (unlike AMEX) gives a static URL that.. is accessible to everyone. Interesting.
Last edited by sports1 on Jun 14th, 2021 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 7, 2009
97 posts
73 upvotes
Toronto
I was able to get the extra $50 bonus by first clicking on 'Complete your application' and then 'Learn More'

If I was a previous CIBC Dividend Visa Infinite card holder in 2020 would I still qualify?
Deal Guru
Jul 7, 2007
10433 posts
1746 upvotes
.jkl. wrote: I was able to get the extra $50 bonus by first clicking on 'Complete your application' and then 'Learn More'

If I was a previous CIBC Dividend Visa Infinite card holder in 2020 would I still qualify?
this works for me too....

just applied and approved for 22.5K.... I do bank mainly with them tho.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2017
2323 posts
1735 upvotes
sports1 wrote: Ok I suspected that's what OP did, but wanted a confirmation. This "trick" (whatever you call it) is several months old.

Tl;dr: CIBC sometimes gives targeted offers if you apply for a card and "cancel" your application midway through. Try clearing your cookies first. Doesn't always work.

Although it seems like CIBC (unlike AMEX) gives a static URL though that.. is accessible to everyone. Interesting.
If it’s a static URL, does anyone have the link? Does this work for the dividend platinum too?
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2017
4310 posts
4466 upvotes
GTA
Any consequence of cancelling this card before it renews in 1 year? I don't think I want a credit card with a fee, but I could make use of this for now.

From the fine print:
A one-time annual fee rebate for you (the primary cardholder). This offer applies for the first year only. If your application for an eligible card is not approved, you may be considered for another card (as disclosed in your credit card application). If you are approved for that card, this annual fee rebate offer will apply in the amount of the annual fee, if any, of the alternate card. If you qualify, the rebate will be awarded to you and will appear as a credit against the applicable annual fee(s) within two statements. Your new credit card account must be open and in good standing at time the rebate is awarded.
Jan 30, 2016
20 posts
9 upvotes
Trenton
How would this offer compare to the Aventura Points card? I see that I'm pre-approved for it. Can the points be easily exchanged for cash or CC payments?
Features: Earn up to 20,000 Aventura Points1 (up to $400 in value) Here's how: get 15,000 points after your 1st purchase, plus 5,000 points when you spend $3,000 in your first 4 months.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2017
2323 posts
1735 upvotes
sports1 wrote: https://www.cibconline.cibc.com/ebm-res ... =O304%3A12 worked for me. But I also tried to back out of the application prior to access this link (I just remembered). I'll edit my post if I'm wrong...
Thank you! Using your URL’s source code and treatment ID, I was able to build the application link for the Dividend Platinum, for those who do not qualify for the Infinite! Yay!!

https://www.cibconline.cibc.com/ebm-res ... Id=2014427
[OP]
Apr 17, 2015
577 posts
435 upvotes
Toronto, ON
sports1 wrote:
Ok I suspected that's what OP did, but wanted a confirmation. This "trick" (whatever you call it) is several months old.

Although it seems like CIBC (unlike AMEX) gives a static URL that.. is accessible to everyone. Interesting.
Did not know the steps were on Reddit, and this morning was the first time I applied for it, although I had to step away momentarily for work. I was pleasantly surprised for the offer and wanted to share. Thank you for enlightening me.
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2006
3274 posts
3025 upvotes
Ontario
life359 wrote: Won't work at Costco, and most cards don't consider Walmart to be groceries. I would think a lot of folks do their grocery shopping at Costco and Walmart, so this card is useless in that respect (1% reward only).
True RFDers would also shop for deals at Loblaws, No Frills, RCSS, Sobeys, Safeway, Freshco etc where Visa is accepted. Also, buying gift cards (Walmart included) at gas stations would also give you 4%.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2005
7054 posts
1207 upvotes
Ottawa
kiiaal wrote: True RFDers would also shop for deals at Loblaws, No Frills, RCSS, Sobeys, Safeway, Freshco etc where Visa is accepted. Also, buying gift cards (Walmart included) at gas stations would also give you 4%.
Walmart gift cards at sold at gas stations?
Dec 11, 2010
622 posts
453 upvotes
Not sure if it happened to anyone else, but CIBC automatically sign you up for the credit card protection insurance and had to call to cancel it.
You'll Never Walk Alone.
Feb 5, 2012
412 posts
117 upvotes
Toronto
I get stuck at the stage where it asks about sending a code for 2FA but no options show up on where to send 2FA. Anyone else?
Jul 28, 2017
308 posts
467 upvotes
How's the cashback like? Is there any minimum threshold before you can redeem for cashback?