Expired Hot Deals

[CIK Telecom] 50M FTTN internet + 6-month free Popular TV or home phone at $29.99[ON/QC Only]

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 4th, 2019 9:55 am
[OP]
Sep 25, 2018
29 posts
9 upvotes
Moon

50M FTTN internet + 6-month free Popular TV or home phone at $29.99[ON/QC Only]

Deal Link:
Price:
Retailer:
CIK Telecom
I ordeded CIK's FTTN 25M Internet + Popular TV in ON+QC for only $39.99 monthly at the end of January. Nothing wrong with it, but I was offered a better deal when I asked for the credits for referrals in last weekend.

50M FTTN internet + 6-month free Popular TV or home phone at $29.99 per month
  • Unlimited usage
  • Modem free rental, including TV box or phone box
  • Call in to get free 6-month Popular TV or home phone
  • No contract
  • First year $29.99 per month, after $39.99 per month
  • Processing fee: $69.95, including shipping fee

CSR told me the deal was just released, so you must order it first and call in to get the free service. The deal is only for Quebec and Ontario.
Quebec:https://www.ciktel.com/promotion/discountqc
Ontario:https://www.ciktel.com/promotion/discounton

The TV channel list is exactly CIK's Skinny basic package + LCN in Quebec, or+ CP24 in Ontario.

I'm not a land phone user, so I have no idea about their home phone service.
Last edited by Georgejackson on Feb 19th, 2019 2:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I hit the CTRL key, but I'm still not in control!
36 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
1228 posts
4509 upvotes
[ON/QC Only] in title, please.
[OP]
Sep 25, 2018
29 posts
9 upvotes
Moon
Leverage wrote:
Feb 19th, 2019 2:47 pm
[ON/QC Only] in title, please.
Edited. Thanks
Sep 24, 2004
527 posts
117 upvotes
Scarborough
I got a marketing call yesterday about the same thing. I was offered the home phone + internet for $29.99, no mention about 6 months.
Feb 23, 2010
149 posts
155 upvotes
Vancouver
sudesingh wrote:
Feb 19th, 2019 2:59 pm
I got a marketing call yesterday about the same thing. I was offered the home phone + internet for $29.99, no mention about 6 months.
Exactly like my experience with them. They never disclose their hidden fees. You will only find out when you receive your bill.
Dec 10, 2018
63 posts
29 upvotes
And here I thought from looking at the page I could get Home Phone + TV and Internet for $29.99 lol
Regards
Fairypopo
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2009
1076 posts
230 upvotes
Their site is unusable for me. Cannot switch our of Ontario/English and when I try to check availability it just refreshes the page without any confirmation that the service is available
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2005
5042 posts
720 upvotes
Ontario / Quebec
dunlop wrote:
Feb 19th, 2019 5:22 pm
Their site is unusable for me. Cannot switch our of Ontario/English and when I try to check availability it just refreshes the page without any confirmation that the service is available
Same problem here.
It's pretty bad when an ISP can't get their own website to work!
Apr 18, 2004
725 posts
153 upvotes
be careful.
I was told they would do soft credit check while I was getting a hard hit fron CIK when I applied the cannetel cable internet 1 year ago
Never again! HTC , Wind Mobile , Air China
[OP]
Sep 25, 2018
29 posts
9 upvotes
Moon
dunlop wrote:
Feb 19th, 2019 5:22 pm
You should call in to check the service availablility, maybe the landing page is only for marketing call purpose.
Dec 10, 2018
63 posts
29 upvotes
They should have put "call us to order" or "call in to order" since it is not clear at all.
Regards
Fairypopo
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
8608 posts
1661 upvotes
Montreal, QC
In-laws have them, overselling and does not have enough backbone bandwidth, I would usually stay away from ALL the small ISP offering unlimited, it's like equivalent to unmetered tier 3 bandwidth...
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
8608 posts
1661 upvotes
Montreal, QC
alanbrenton wrote:
Feb 20th, 2019 11:17 am
EBox is pretty good though.
Yes Ebox is good because they care about their infrastructure and are transparent.
Their basic plan is not unlimited, one have to pay a premium for it, which makes sense, the issue are ISPs that offer unlimited for cheap, it also attract the kind of clients that would abuse it and ruin it for everyone else.
Penalty Box
Apr 21, 2004
49219 posts
14553 upvotes
Worst in my experience is Teksavvy.

They always blamed me or Bell when I was with them before for a little over a year. They were never the cause of any slowdown or service interruptions. I was even testing directly in the basement where my DSL cord was attached to the socket attached to the outside demarcation box.

And their noise signal test is ridiculous. I call them when it's slow, they said my line was noisy. I intentionally call them when internet was fast, and my line was also noisy.