Expired Hot Deals

[CIK Telecom] 50M Unlimited Internet $24.99/m, Free Modem Rental, No Upfront Cost (Quebec)

• Last Updated:
  • May 27th, 2020 3:43 pm
Oct 4, 2017
253 posts
84 upvotes
Anyone here sign up with CIK and got a Smartrg SR616AC modem? Were you guys able to successfully set the modem into bridge mode?

Had CIK remotely set the modem into bridge mode but unfortunately it doesn't work with my router. I know it's not my router as I was able to get it working with a different vdsl modem.

I'm thinking it wasn't set properly by CIK's tech support. Searching Google hasn't helped either as there is no info on how to do it for the SR616AC.
May 26, 2020
1 posts
This is a bad company; just move on and save yourself a lot of headache. You think $20 is a lot, but it is just a couple of McDonald's meals. So don't be cheap and go with someone reputable. These clowns at CIK Tel prey on those of us who are in a bad situation, and who are forced to save money,

I was laid off and chose to save $20 per month. Speed was supposed to be 50mbps, but it never went above 30; only once or twice, maybe. It usually hovered around 10-15mbps and occasionally went as low as 1mbps. For the past 4 months I had to pay virgin mobile an extra $50 in fines every month because I had no choice but to use my limited cellular data for online meetings.

Customer service, based in India means passing you from service to tech support, back to service, back to sales, again to some manager, back to tech support. Every time you have to call make sure you have at least half a day's worth of free time to waste.

So last week I bit the bullet and ordered from Rogers. which are not angels either :) but better than these highway robbers.