Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
CIK Telecom

[MARKHAM ONLY] 500Mbit/20Mbit Cable Internet (Rogers TPIA) - $59.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 30th, 2022 6:49 pm
Apr 18, 2007
692 posts
689 upvotes
JasonCao wrote: I got a 300mb plan, it got throttled so bad on the weekends. Usually the speed is fine during weekdays.
I'll definitely do some logs over this weekend. Will post results.
Banned
Jul 25, 2017
1068 posts
425 upvotes
I have had CIK for many years now. Tbh it's not worth it.. the speed that they advertise are not accurate. It's more like half of the speed they tell you and only off peak hours you will be lucky to hit the max. Also, don't be surpyif they hit you with any surprise fees
Banned
Jul 25, 2017
1068 posts
425 upvotes
Also, they outsource their call centre and tech support to India so half of the time, you really don't understand what they are saying.
I really had enough and looking for alternatives!!!

Please if you are considering on this deal. Don't
Feb 23, 2010
478 posts
1032 upvotes
Vancouver
JoJoC93704 wrote: Please share your experience
I've had CIK's cable (not FTTN) for a month. This is the worst company to have as your internet provider by a mile.. And I've had quite a few of internet providers before.
- Their modem always malfunctions, even after I've got it replaced twice.
- Their customer service is the worst for any kind of issues you may have. They literally said "there's nothing we can do, you need to stop calling" to me.
- Also be aware of the hidden fees - they states their activation is free, but they will charge you a non-refundable "installation fee" without telling you. I was charged over $100 for the 1 month I was with them. When I called them about this, they told me it's my problem not reading the fine prints. But their rep never disclosed this fee when I signed up.
- Their internet speed is the worst between 6pm-10pm. When you call them, they tell you it's because of high traffic on the TV. (apparently when there's high usage of their TV service, the internet slows down too?!?!). I basically can't stream netflix or even youtube around this time. They get really laggy.
- When I called in to cancel, they told me I have not used their service for one year, and need to charge me a $120 cancellation fee.

Enough of them. Paid for the mistake and moved on for good. I rather pay a bit more to avoid any of these hidden costs
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2017
1328 posts
2363 upvotes
GTA
Here I thought I was the only one with this problem.
Jun 2, 2007
637 posts
849 upvotes
GTA
If you are an existing Rogers customer, you can chat with them and they'll often have a retention promo for 1gb/30mb for $50/mo including modem rental. I've done this for the last 2 years.
Don't forget to like and subscribe! 😎👍
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30056 upvotes
Center of Universe
psyh wrote: If you are an existing Rogers customer, you can chat with them and they'll often have a retention promo for 1gb/30mb for $50/mo including modem rental. I've done this for the last 2 years.
Rogers is putting up a harder fight this year.
Mar 14, 2016
55 posts
14 upvotes
Parents have CIK for years. You'd be lucky to even get the advertised speeds. Peak hours are always slow, feels like it's intentionally throttled. Stay away..
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2005
2370 posts
717 upvotes
Toronto
Sluml0rd wrote: Good luck OP! Had an awful experience with them after I moved to Markham.

Constant disconnection of modem (require one restart per day)

Cancellation was AWFUL.. (i spent 3 phone calls with them, got the run around and never called back). I literally drove to their office at Vic Park x Sheppard to cancel the service.

After that, they decided to call me and say, we are not going to cancel your contract but give you 1 month free...... I said no, I signed the papers at your office, i'm cancelling.

They still have the guts to bill me the following month after I cancelled (I was already month to month), so i had to get my bank involve.

Very shady business..... hopefully it's better for you OP.
I cancelled my service few years ago, never had a problem. I used for one year only and found another deal from Rogers hence I switched.
Jun 2, 2007
637 posts
849 upvotes
GTA
vkizzle wrote: Rogers is putting up a harder fight this year.
Maybe, maybe not. My original promo was ending this month and when I chat with them back around April I was able to get it again. Doesn't hurt to try and being polite to the Rep helps :)
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2006
1754 posts
574 upvotes
Tried to use cannet nothing but problems. Throttled speed, poor service, techs were not knowledgeable. Left as quick as I could.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30056 upvotes
Center of Universe
psyh wrote: Maybe, maybe not. My original promo was ending this month and when I chat with them back around April I was able to get it again. Doesn't hurt to try and being polite to the Rep helps :)
No dice, I already tried a few weeks ago.
They want me to pay $20 more a month for the same service.
Mar 29, 2018
37 posts
18 upvotes
psyh wrote: Maybe, maybe not. My original promo was ending this month and when I chat with them back around April I was able to get it again. Doesn't hurt to try and being polite to the Rep helps :)
Anyone know if the 1GBPS for $50 a month is still available on Rogers? I'm in Downtown Toronto and I read that Rogers stopped giving retention deals in their latest news release because of COVID. Not sure what's going on.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2007
2196 posts
289 upvotes
Have cik before 25mb three combo together for $66...
The speed is not good... later I switch to carrytel much better and cheaper....Astonished Face. But too bad they don’t offer 300mb-500mb
I want faster speed like 500mb-1gb speed ... don’t want to more than $60...
Chinese Food+MSG=Good Food :rolleyes:
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2006
1754 posts
574 upvotes
Seeing op speed test reminded me of exact issue I was having with them. Every day at 10pm-11pm EST I would get throttled to unusable speed, they keep insisting they don't throttle. It isn't a coincidence that it happens everyday.

STAY AWAY

Sorry I cannot offer other alternatives, I am personally with Rogers on new user plan I believe it is 500 down 10 up $39.95+taxes.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
2031 posts
575 upvotes
m4r 1k8
my sister had their 1000/1000 service and on speedtest it worked as advertised ... when you used it on netflix or youtube .... you were lucky if you got 144p without buffering
Deal Addict
Dec 2, 2005
2478 posts
163 upvotes
GTA
If the speedtest speed is poor, try manually select a different server. If all servers return low speed, then yes, throttle is active. Otherwise, it could just be that server temporarily had more traffic than usual.
Jun 2, 2007
637 posts
849 upvotes
GTA
If streaming Netflix is a concern, check on fast.com in addition to speedtest
May 30, 2019
48 posts
60 upvotes
Living in a condo with fibre lite 300/300 used to be 1gbps/100 . I pay 39.55 after tax and never had a dropped connection never had any buffering when streaming 4K Netflix even in peak. Guess fiber is more stable.
I will probably be looking for alternatives next year when all the promotion discounts end
Apr 18, 2007
692 posts
689 upvotes
So I've been monitoring it over the weekend, so far it has been solid. I haven't had one slow down except that very first day around 10:30 pm so far. All of yesterday (Saturday), speeds were great. I tested morning, early afternoon, late afternoon, various points in the evening (5pm, 6pm, 8pm, 10pm, 11pm). So far everything is going smooth.

I think it highly depends on the modem you use as well as where you are located and how many other heavy users you have in your area. I'm in a suburban area with a lot of young families/old people so I think that heavily contributes to my experience.

All in all, I'm very happy so far. Hopefully it stays like this.
Last edited by Arcticsilverfox on Jun 14th, 2020 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)