Dec 19, 2005
7472 posts
799 upvotes
Waterloo

50mbit DSL 29.99 after 1 yr 39.99 with 6 months free tv

Deal Link:
Retailer:
CIKTEL
Just signed up getting tired of the cable service with carrytel. Currently the neighbors has cable and were paying same price and only get 40mbit out of 75mbit

6 months free tv after that it's 20.00

Processing fee I believe is 69.99 that comes with free install and free modem rental. After 1 yr ur price goes to 39.99
16 replies
Deal Addict
May 18, 2002
3571 posts
758 upvotes
Brampton
How does the TV work with ciktel, is it a settop box or their own app?
INFORMATION: The requested thread does not exist.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
7472 posts
799 upvotes
Waterloo
prod wrote: How does the TV work with ciktel, is it a settop box or their own app?
Not 100% sure haven't got it yet will be getting it this week sometime and they never told me they just said they are sending me all the hardware
Apr 30, 2017
409 posts
584 upvotes
Saint-Hubert, Quebec
Hahah free modem and install but 69.99$ fee for nothing. So really, modem and install is 69.99$...
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
1751 posts
1514 upvotes
JonDuke19 wrote: Hahah free modem and install but 69.99$ fee for nothing. So really, modem and install is 69.99$...
it's still cheap. Ive been with surf internet for 3.5 years. no price changes, no haggling, no retentions. worth that setup fee. 29 bucks for internet 25. I can game, watch Netflix, Android box just fine. I don't download much which is where higher internet comes into play. but that speed can handle everything just fine. do you really think internet 300 makes your Netflix run faster......
Apr 30, 2017
409 posts
584 upvotes
Saint-Hubert, Quebec
karnige wrote: it's still cheap. Ive been with surf internet for 3.5 years. no price changes, no haggling, no retentions. worth that setup fee. 29 bucks for internet 25. I can game, watch Netflix, Android box just fine. I don't download much which is where higher internet comes into play. but that speed can handle everything just fine. do you really think internet 300 makes your Netflix run faster......
Can you point to me where I said 300mb makes my Netflix faster? I was merely making a joke about setup fees. I didn't comment on the speeds or anything. Who sh!t in your corn flakes this morning man?

It's a good deal for those who can get it.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2007
3309 posts
765 upvotes
Toronto
What's wrong with CarryTel? From my experience it's been as good as Rogers or TekSavvy.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
7472 posts
799 upvotes
Waterloo
It's not carrytel it's the shitty likes we have or carrytel is indeed bandwidth capping us even my neighbors are complaining about their internet is so slow because my neighhood is split 8 ways I believe 1 box 8 houses..... It's been super slow plus my price is going up from 34.99 to 49.99 so makes sense for me to change and carrytel wouldn't help me on the price and match CIKTEL price .. been a loyal customer 1.5 yrs and no retention to save a customer LoL
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
7472 posts
799 upvotes
Waterloo
Ya I agree carrytel was gonna charge me a modem fee anyways. I'm saving the money anyways and the tv service is free for 6 months. I also iptv anyways and have way more channels than this free service lol. I heard horror stories about CIKTEL so will do a review on the service.

Free is free to me I will cancel the tv service anyways after 5 months
Banned
Dec 10, 2018
80 posts
41 upvotes
sassysue wrote: Ya I agree carrytel was gonna charge me a modem fee anyways. I'm saving the money anyways and the tv service is free for 6 months. I also iptv anyways and have way more channels than this free service lol. I heard horror stories about CIKTEL so will do a review on the service.

Free is free to me I will cancel the tv service anyways after 5 months
What TV channels are included in the package?
Regards
Fairypopo
Banned
Jun 16, 2019
72 posts
31 upvotes
sassysue wrote: Not 100% sure haven't got it yet will be getting it this week sometime and they never told me they just said they are sending me all the hardware
Oh, ask them about home security!! From what i heard when i called them up few days ago for a query related to another CIK thread, they told me if you already have the CIK Internet you get the home security for free ( or maybe it was $10 monthly) Not sure but it was either of them!!!!
Nandatto!!!! :facepalm:
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
7472 posts
799 upvotes
Waterloo
fairypopo wrote: What TV channels are included in the package?
Not 100% sure maybe the basic package I'm guessing....
NyankoSensei12 wrote: Oh, ask them about home security!! From what i heard when i called them up few days ago for a query related to another CIK thread, they told me if you already have the CIK Internet you get the home security for free ( or maybe it was $10 monthly) Not sure but it was either of them!!!!
They never offered me the home security don't really need anyways but that seems like a great deal..
Feb 5, 2013
190 posts
108 upvotes
CIKTel caps usage between 6pm-12am. You can even see this in their online account if you look enough.

They do traffic shapping so your downloads and streams will be bandwidith capped. But if one does a speedtest.net or fast.com it will trick the test and you will see the advertised speed, which is a lie. If you start a download from a fast server, you will see that you're capped. I couldn't get 4k streams from Netflix and Youtube to work for example. And my contracted speed more than allowed for the streams.

If you value doing downloads anytime, streaming 4k, etc. Stay away.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2012
1185 posts
1356 upvotes
GTA
Gonna try calling them.
Zoomer Wireless $40.50/6GB unlimited minute plan;
Public Mobile $15 unlimited incoming call;
Fido $10 4GB LTE data/Month plan
Banned
Jun 12, 2019
221 posts
11 upvotes
Sepharite wrote: What's wrong with CarryTel? From my experience it's been as good as Rogers or TekSavvy.
Lol is someone getting paid to say this??