• Last Updated:
  • Aug 7th, 2020 7:36 am
24 replies
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2004
15161 posts
6230 upvotes
RFD
I imagine they won't be making much money for charity this time around with the risk of COVID-19. I'm watching at home.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
6575 posts
3726 upvotes
Toronto
radeonboy wrote: I imagine they won't be making much money for charity this time around with the risk of COVID-19. I'm watching at home.
For me it's having to sit there for hours with a mask on when I could just watch it at home. I mean obviously they need to make people wear masks if they want to hold an event like this, but that just makes it not an enjoyable experience for me at least.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2008
3607 posts
3619 upvotes
Just give $5 to your favourite charity
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2005
2208 posts
726 upvotes
Ottawa
Wait a min....so it's unsafe to go watch it OUTSIDE so we'll go watch it inside? Can't they just apply the same distance rules to real games instead and be safer?

edit: nm I thought it was MLB
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
6575 posts
3726 upvotes
Toronto
Rudy wrote: Wait a min....so it's unsafe to go watch it OUTSIDE so we'll go watch it inside? Can't they just apply the same distance rules to real games instead and be safer?

edit: nm I thought it was MLB
The cynical side of me says this is about risk and need more than safety. The major leagues don't need to go all in. They can survive. The risk of an outbreak happening at an arena leading to everyone piling in about how all those greedy, greedy owners and huge salaried players put their money ahead of fan safety would be a disaster. Cineplex doesn't have that luxury. They were in the toilet pretty much even before COVID. They might as well roll the dice and cross their fingers.
May 16, 2017
383 posts
186 upvotes
anyone who thinks this isnt profit driven *lulz*
Jan 12, 2017
685 posts
643 upvotes
How will I eat with a mask on?
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
23486 posts
8388 upvotes
Darko2 wrote: How will I eat with a mask on?
How do I breathe with a mask on for several hours?

The local Cineplex put out a notice saying they are open as of August 7th. I'm still staying away. I doubt we will see a change in the way the operation locally is run with no supervision, so people will sit together or stay on their phones through the entire movie. I think I've had enough of paying for D-Box seats only to have these shenanigans go on over and over again...
Oct 11, 2014
357 posts
303 upvotes
North Vancouver, BC
DougO wrote: How do I breathe with a mask on for several hours?
If you can't breathe with mask on for several hours, you might want to get that checked out.

That aside, I wouldn't go to any theatre right now...Just watch at home. Like @pongster said, just donate $5 directly to your favourite charity.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
16835 posts
32852 upvotes
Scarborough
TimDrake wrote: That aside, I wouldn't go to any theatre right now...Just watch at home. Like @pongster said, just donate $5 directly to your favourite charity.
I feel the same way. Even if it were free admission with free food and drink, I'd still pass.
RFD Staff - Have a question? Send me a PM
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
4660 posts
5947 upvotes
GTA
Leaf fan: risk getting Covid for a cry in my popcorn
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2005
1748 posts
1185 upvotes
pongster wrote: Just give $5 to your favourite charity
This.
People here are complaining about wearing a mask for 2-3 hours? How do you breathe? Science, that's how. Do you know how long front line staff at hospitals have to wear a mask for? Come on RFD, you can do better. Rant over, "sorry" (I'm from Canada)
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
4660 posts
5947 upvotes
GTA
Darko2 wrote: How will I eat with a mask on?

that's reassuring
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2005
1301 posts
675 upvotes
It would be funny if the Charity was for victims of COVID-19. Then you could potentially receive your money back!
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
23486 posts
8388 upvotes
TimDrake wrote: If you can't breathe with mask on for several hours, you might want to get that checked out.

That aside, I wouldn't go to any theatre right now...Just watch at home. Like @pongster said, just donate $5 directly to your favourite charity.
I did when I was hospitalized for 10 days with pneumonia 3 years ago. They said I breathe shallowly and so I had to force myself to breathe deeply so as not to set off a warning with the machine supplying me with oxygen. So, sitting in the theater for a couple hours under those circumstances? Nope...
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
23486 posts
8388 upvotes
Kfox wrote:

that's reassuring
What do they mean by temporarily? Can I just take it off while I'm there if I fake eating/drinking while the film is running? I guess we need some brave soul to go and check what the audience is doing during the film...
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
8929 posts
4844 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
DougO wrote: How do I breathe with a mask on for several hours?

The local Cineplex put out a notice saying they are open as of August 7th. I'm still staying away. I doubt we will see a change in the way the operation locally is run with no supervision, so people will sit together or stay on their phones through the entire movie. I think I've had enough of paying for D-Box seats only to have these shenanigans go on over and over again...
Not trying to mock, but it is a misconception most people has.
In the beginning, you will feel like it is hard to breath with the mask on.
But if you keep it on, your cardio will get stronger, and soon, you will start to forget to take the mask off after getting home because it feels like normal.
Later on, you can start to put on a better mask that make it even harder to breath. Most people wear very thin or cloth mask which is very easy to breath.
Some cover only the mouth, some people cover only half of the mouth. You dont want that. You want really covering the nose and mouth.
And do not use those mask that has exhale port. Those are not offering the people around you any protection from you.
If you see one wearing those around you, move away from them.
You want to practice with N95 on, I mean really on, not fake on. After you get used to that, you can start running with the mask on to further improve your cardio.
Hope it helps.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2004
2915 posts
489 upvotes
Manatus wrote: For me it's having to sit there for hours with a mask on when I could just watch it at home. I mean obviously they need to make people wear masks if they want to hold an event like this, but that just makes it not an enjoyable experience for me at least.
It's got everything to do with normalizing their business, and convincing people it's safe to go out to their facilities.