Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Cineplex

50% off Scene Points Redemption: Aug 31 - Sept 6

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 7th, 2018 1:15 am
Dec 20, 2011
364 posts
103 upvotes
Windsor, On
geogolem wrote: The best deal is combo 5 for 25$...

You get reg pop and popcorn.. plus m and ms and 1000 scene points... During this 50% off deal it costs 1250 points plus tax..

Since you get 1000 points back.. it actually only costs 250 points plus about 3$ in tax...
I don't have time to see a movie, but might just stop in to grab this and take the popcorn home.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2012
1037 posts
372 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Glad I saw this post, going to watch the film about the three separated triplets tomorrow and at 500 Scene Pts, I'll take a stab at it.

I too am a fan of just regular screenings without all the fixings especially the stupid 3D glasses. Don't need extra loud sound or a screen that wraps all the way around or a seat that moves. Just a clear view with leg room and no phone lights distracting me.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2012
2668 posts
1517 upvotes
Toronto
ashihtaka wrote: That would be really good, did you get 1000 scene points back on the spot? Or does it get posted to your account after
I got the 1000 points on the spot.. Even shows on the receipt.... which i specifically asked for to also scan for the M&M collectandget thing...

When I first approached the concessions kiosk.. I asked about the points thing... but the girl has no idea about the 50% off scene points thing... but I found the e-mail advertisement and showed her.. and it turned out she just didnt know... She had called a manager over. the manager wasn't sure if I would get the 1000 scene points as part of the combo as usual and also wanted to watch to verify that the system was actually only deducting 250 points for 5$ instead of the regular 500 points..

Everything seemed to show up fine though once we tried it...

I was surprised they were so uncertain about the 50% off scene points at concessions, because its supposed to have been going on the entire week lol..

I went to see 22 Miles (also a decent movie) the other day, and didnt think to do the combo 5 thing until after I already redeemed 750 points for 15$ off... for basically the same amount of food.. lol.. I only realized that I should have done that after...

I originally tried to determine if I could get the regular 1000 scene points large pop + popcorn for only 500 scene points, but it wasn't 50% off that.. it woulda cost 1000 scene points... so I figured it was better to spend 750 scene points instead... Turns out the combo 5 thing is indeed the best way to spend points during these 250 points for 5$ promotion.. Tomorrow is the last day.. too bad there weren't any really awesome movies this week. I only saw the 2 movies I did because I was visiting a friend and with the weather so hot, it was nice to be in air conditioning instead of just out and about.. lol
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2012
2668 posts
1517 upvotes
Toronto
spicytofu wrote: Glad I saw this post, going to watch the film about the three separated triplets tomorrow and at 500 Scene Pts, I'll take a stab at it.

I too am a fan of just regular screenings without all the fixings especially the stupid 3D glasses. Don't need extra loud sound or a screen that wraps all the way around or a seat that moves. Just a clear view with leg room and no phone lights distracting me.
I saw 22 Miles in kitchener on Fairway Road/Street (cant remember if its a road or a street or ave.. or whatever.. lol) ... and I was super surprised the regular screenings there have LazyBoy recliner seats with a ton of arm space etc... super awesome theater. The seats were better than the VIP seats ive been to at other theaters... (though I rarely do VIP).. I prefer general or IMAX.. I dont usually bother with general 3d unless its IMAX 3D....
Deal Fanatic
Sep 22, 2012
7737 posts
10771 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I want to buy a ticket for tomorrow, but I've been getting this error message all day

Anyone else experienced this, or know a solution?

It happens when I click on a showtime for Richmond Hill SilverCity.
Jan 13, 2013
183 posts
74 upvotes
Victoria
thanks OP!

just placed an order online, no issues
Jun 24, 2015
267 posts
144 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
saw crazy rich Asians, and mission impossible...thinking about watching Searching tonight. Heard good things about it
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
7972 posts
9093 upvotes
Toronto
powerchair1998 wrote: A regular movie is normally 1000 points. A 3D, AVX, IMAX or Dbox is normally 1500 points while a VIP movie is normally 2000 points for redemption
3D (not IMAX) and AVX used to be 1000 points only not so long ago... Cineplex is becoming really greedy Angry Face
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2012
2668 posts
1517 upvotes
Toronto
cozyhug wrote: saw crazy rich Asians, and mission impossible...thinking about watching Searching tonight. Heard good things about it
ya.. its worth seeing.. its nothing groundbreakingly amazing.. But it is a good movie and unique IMO... definitely worth seeing...
Jun 24, 2015
267 posts
144 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
geogolem wrote: ya.. its worth seeing.. its nothing groundbreakingly amazing.. But it is a good movie and unique IMO... definitely worth seeing...
yeah already bought the tickets #supportasianactors
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2003
8346 posts
1087 upvotes
Edmonton
geogolem wrote: I got the 1000 points on the spot.. Even shows on the receipt.... which i specifically asked for to also scan for the M&M collectandget thing...

I originally tried to determine if I could get the regular 1000 scene points large pop + popcorn for only 500 scene points, but it wasn't 50% off that.. it woulda cost 1000 scene points... so I figured it was better to spend 750 scene points instead... Turns out the combo 5 thing is indeed the best way to spend points during these 250 points for 5$ promotion.. Tomorrow is the last day.. too bad there weren't any really awesome movies this week. I only saw the 2 movies I did because I was visiting a friend and with the weather so hot, it was nice to be in air conditioning instead of just out and about.. lol
Have you checked your Scene account to see if there was a clawback on the 1000 points?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 22, 2012
7737 posts
10771 upvotes
Richmond Hill
They wouldn't let me redeem 5 times for combo 5, capped at 4. :(
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2012
2668 posts
1517 upvotes
Toronto
Hellfire wrote: Have you checked your Scene account to see if there was a clawback on the 1000 points?
No clawback... Yet.... I'd be very annoyed if it did get clawed back... Because I said I only wanted the combo if I got the points... Though it is a good deal.. in theory you are paying for the points... Since buying the items individually outside of the combo is cheaper than the combo..

I.e. you are redeeming 250 points for 5$ at concession kiosk.. and that combo costs 24.99.. the points are part of the combo... I.e. the items on their own are closer to 20$... So I would assume you always get the points even on regular days when you redeem 500 points for 5$ off... If that makes any sense... If they clawed back the points.. it would work like selling your a happy meal.. and clawing back the toy... Or something.. if that makes any sense....
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2012
2668 posts
1517 upvotes
Toronto
rugerty100 wrote: They wouldn't let me redeem 5 times for combo 5, capped at 4. :(
I thought the fine print said you can redeem up to like 750$ or something ... Looking for it now

Found it.. it says max 350$.. so there was no reason they capped you.. how annoying.. lol

"
** Redeem in increments of 250 SCENE points to receive $5 off Cineplex food and drink purchases to a maximum of 17,500 points for $350 off, less all taxes and gratuities at concessions, Outtakes®, YoYo's Yogurt Cafe®, Pizza Pizza®, Poptopia®, Starbucks®, Cineplex VIP Cinemas® and Lounges. Excludes Tim Hortons® and alcoholic beverages."

That is taken from the email advertising the double value of pts this week.. from Cineplex itself.

Edit: maybe they capped because it's 24.99 plus tax.. not 25$ .. so the 5th set of pts ends up covering a penny of the tax or something.. its the only explanation I can think of to justify the cap... Though it worked for me..... Coulda just added something in. Like butter or maybe upgrade to large drink for 50 cents or something though they never gave me any issues and I never did that...
Images
  • upload.png
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2006
1188 posts
1543 upvotes
No plan for watching any movie at the cinema, but I used 671 points to rent Infinity War in HD, which I haven't watched yet, for 30 days.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2003
8346 posts
1087 upvotes
Edmonton
geogolem wrote: No clawback... Yet.... I'd be very annoyed if it did get clawed back... Because I said I only wanted the combo if I got the points... Though it is a good deal.. in theory you are paying for the points... Since buying the items individually outside of the combo is cheaper than the combo..

I.e. you are redeeming 250 points for 5$ at concession kiosk.. and that combo costs 24.99.. the points are part of the combo... I.e. the items on their own are closer to 20$... So I would assume you always get the points even on regular days when you redeem 500 points for 5$ off... If that makes any sense... If they clawed back the points.. it would work like selling your a happy meal.. and clawing back the toy... Or something.. if that makes any sense....
Cool, well gave it a shot today as I went to see Peppermint. Provided no clawback fantastic deal!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)