Expired Hot Deals

Locked: [Cineplex] Buy a $50 Gift Card and Get Two Free Admissions and a Free Popcorn

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 13th, 2020 8:23 am
[OP]
Dec 5, 2011
112 posts
68 upvotes
Vancouver

[Cineplex] Buy a $50 Gift Card and Get Two Free Admissions and a Free Popcorn

Fine Print:
* Buy a $50 Gift Card and receive a pack of coupons worth up to $34 for free. Actual value will depend on when and where the coupons are redeemed. Limited time offer, coupons available while supplies last. Coupons must be used between the dates as marked on the coupons themselves. For terms and conditions, including dates of use, visit Cineplex.com/Holiday. Offer not valid on Gift Cards purchased with a Gift Card or on Playdium® or The Rec Room® branded gift cards. Not valid on Corporate Gift Card orders. Additional restrictions may apply.

1. Free General Admission: Valid from January 4, 2021 – January 31, 2021 for all showtimes. Valid online only. One time use only. Approximate retail value is up to $12.99 including tax. Not valid in conjunction with any offers or promotions, non-refundable, not redeemable for cash and not for re-sale. Valid for films in 3D, IMAX®, Prime Seats, UltraAVX®, D-BOX®, 4DX®, ScreenX® and VIP (must be legal drinking age) auditoriums with the payment of the applicable surcharge. This promotion code is not valid for non-feature film or Cineplex Events performances. Additional restrictions may apply.

2. Free General Admission: Valid from February 1, 2021 – February 28, 2021 for all showtimes. Valid online only. One time use only. Approximate retail value is up to $12.99 including tax. Not valid in conjunction with any offers or promotions, non-refundable, not redeemable for cash and not for re-sale. Valid for films in 3D, IMAX®, Prime Seats, UltraAVX®, D-BOX®, 4DX®, ScreenX® and VIP (must be legal drinking age) auditoriums with the payment of the applicable surcharge. This promotion code is not valid for non-feature film or Cineplex Events performances. Additional restrictions may apply.

3. Free Regular Popcorn: Valid from March 1, 2021 – March 31, 2021. No substitutions. Not valid in conjunction with any other discount, promotion or other offer, including concession combos and Poptopia® branded popcorn). Coupon is non-refundable and not for re-sale. Only original coupons will be accepted. Approximate retail value is up to $6.19 plus tax. Additional restrictions may apply.
Share:
46 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2008
3235 posts
1189 upvotes
Vancouver
this might be the first year in a while where I don't buy these.
Don't see myself watching any movies in jan or feb. Is anything even coming out?
Aug 14, 2014
659 posts
525 upvotes
Not this year sadly. Just FYI for anyone, as per the terms free admissions are one for Jan, one for Feb and with covid getting worse I wouldn't want to use them if it was still open at that time
May 18, 2020
5 posts
13 upvotes
Probably be passing on these this year due to covid. Heck, the bundle is worse than last year's by a wide margin as well. Last year it was a free movie, free regular popcorn, and 50% off nachos or poutine for jan and feb.
Jun 27, 2006
515 posts
150 upvotes
North Vancouver, BC
DOA I doubt they'll be charging full admission for a while yet
Aug 5, 2007
888 posts
332 upvotes
CanAm wrote: DOA I doubt they'll be charging full admission for a while yet
DOA indeed… the least they could have done is extend the redemption period for the bonuses. Imagine if all the theatres around you were still closed from January to March…
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2001
4515 posts
2743 upvotes
Yesva Scotia
Cineplex is F’d
😱
Deal Addict
Jun 30, 2010
2756 posts
865 upvotes
Vaughan
Cineplex executives are so out of touch with reality by not modifying this promo due to the pandemic. The theaters may not even be open in Jan/Feb lol. They should have made these valid for all of 2021.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 30, 2003
7690 posts
1377 upvotes
Toronto
You can't even use these at all, nothing to see and chances of cinemas even opening is small.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2004
2563 posts
291 upvotes
I'm don't trust they'll survive long enough to use these.
Aug 24, 2015
404 posts
1285 upvotes
AB
If you’re thinking about this I would recommend just giving $50 to your nearest food bank, it’ll go a lot further than this masked attempt at a deal to push bankruptcy from Dec 2020 to Feb 2021.
Jul 13, 2013
932 posts
715 upvotes
Not a chance I’d go to the theatre between now and probably the end of 2021 even if it was free. Some businesses just aren’t going to make it out of this and theatres are likely one of them. Thankfully there’s still other ways of enjoying movies.
Oct 22, 2007
406 posts
404 upvotes
they gonna go under before anybody can use these!
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
2195 posts
2303 upvotes
Toronto
mrelusive wrote: DOA indeed… the least they could have done is extend the redemption period for the bonuses. Imagine if all the theatres around you were still closed from January to March…
cloakster wrote: Cineplex executives are so out of touch with reality by not modifying this promo due to the pandemic. The theaters may not even be open in Jan/Feb lol. They should have made these valid for all of 2021.
I agree, the deal is a joke. Such tight deadlines to use the coupons and theatres in my area aren't even open. They will expire before many people feel safe about going to watch a movie.

They had difficulty convincing people to go to the theatres for the short bit of time they were open this year at haf price or less.

What makes Cineplex think that people would be convinced to buy $50 gift cards to closed theatres with this lukewarm deal? We know they are having financial troubles, so this likely is not be the best investment for us.
Apr 6, 2017
874 posts
1342 upvotes
Not gonna be many movies released. Many big movies are going right to streaming!!!
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
1245 posts
1008 upvotes
Toronto
what a shame! I used to love buying these. Sad state of affairs. I blame all those in the GTA with masks on their chins and in their pockets. Oh, and those selfishly having grand weddings in Brampton/GTA and coming to work with Covid.
The Golden Rule: those who have the gold, make the rules
Nov 25, 2014
506 posts
520 upvotes
b0ne wrote: Cineplex is F’d
Cineplex stock shot up almost 50% 2 days ago LOL
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2015
1637 posts
928 upvotes
NOYB
Well despite upcoming expiry date someone is going to fall for this.

I do miss the movie dates ..
*Zoomer + VoIP.ms user*

Dogshit protects dogshit.

Dogshit defends dogshit.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2005
1511 posts
818 upvotes
Montreal
Should be deals to rent a theater to play Xbox series X, otherwise I'm not interested.
IBM 701 | germanium diodes | 2000 multiplication or division operations per second | 2048 word memory on 72 tubes, 1024 bits per tube| 38-bit Accumulator | 36-bit Multiplier-Quotient | 2 IBM 726 magnetic tapes - 2x 2 million digit storage