Cineplex

Locked: Buy a $50 Gift Card and Get Two Free Admissions and a Free Popcorn

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 13th, 2020 8:23 am
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2016
4021 posts
4904 upvotes
boston wrote: Me too!!! Enjoy your Uber eats and canned beans while waiting for the world to end.
If you think the pandemic will be the end of the world then you have more issues to deal w/ than arguing w/ us on this thread.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
8531 posts
4413 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
swaghunter wrote: Contrary to a few comments here that sound like they are singing about the death of cinema, I am a huge fan of the theatre-going experience. Loved it since I was a kid.
Nothing beats watching a great movie in a theatre, especially an anticipated blockbuster on imax. Its really one thing I miss doing with my friends/family. I have a great home theatre 75" 4ktv with dolby atmos surround sound setup, and it still doesnt compare to the theatre for me.

Anyways, back to the deal: stupid deal 🤣
I was a huge fan of Sinema too.
But they failed to make money and keep making using their service to watch movie a pita.
At the very end before they go under, they requested people to take picture of their ID and upload to steal their information to sell for money.
From this, we can see right before a company go under, they will do anything to get more money before to run away before it is really gone.
From the stock price and gc, we can see they are trying to pump and dump.
This is not a good sign and it is signalling it will be gone sooner than you think.
Now, I do not want it to disappear because I still want to go for movies, may be a few years down the road when the pandemic is over. However, I really doubt they can survive for a few years without much income.
I know it and the CEO definitely know it. Would you rather lose money for a few years before there is a hope to make money or you will just end it to cut the lose and start again later on when there is hope?
We all have hope that the vaccine is the cure for the situation, but be realistic, it isnt. We still have a long road ahead of us that is dark before we can see the light.
With the pandemic, people are forming a new habit of watching movie at home. Once a habit is formed, it is hard to change.
I feel sorry for cineplex, but please dont buy the gc. I still remember the blockbuster gc that people have after they are gone.
deals1112 wrote: What can I do with $200 in Cineplex gift cards that I got for Christmas in 2019?
Wall paper, keep it beside the Blockbuster gc side by side.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
23735 posts
31487 upvotes
Toronto
deals1112 wrote: What can I do with $200 in Cineplex gift cards that I got for Christmas in 2019?
wow, even Cardswap.ca won't buy those now.

Sell 'em on the Buy Sell Trade forum here? they can still be used towards streaming titles so if priced right you may be able to move 'em. Maybe ask for $100 if you want to get rid of them quickly?

"Hello,

CardSwap loves to hear from you!

Thank you for taking the time to submit your merchant suggestion. Unfortunately, we will not be able to add Cineplex to our approved list of merchants due to current lack of demand.

We do however encourage you to visit us again as we are always updating our list with new retailers.

CardSwap Team
www.CardSwap.ca
Rewarding Canadians with gift cards and cash back savings on everyday purchases:
Last edited by sprung on Nov 12th, 2020 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm serious as cancer when I say rhythm is a dancer.
Apr 14, 2019
805 posts
722 upvotes
KravenHead wrote: At the risk of contracting a potential fatal virus during a pandemic until there is a vaccine...yeah?

Good advice.... go out, enjoy life, catch covid, die....
Gld you dont live next door...
Nice attitude, so you're saying; stay home, don't enjoy life, live, because 100% of people who catch COVID die? Why don't we all shrivel up like balls in our beds because of cowardly fear, of life. Pathetic.
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2016
4021 posts
4904 upvotes
rcnrcnrcn wrote: Nice attitude, so you're saying; stay home, don't enjoy life, live, because 100% of people who catch COVID die? Why don't we all shrivel up like balls in our beds because of cowardly fear, of life. Pathetic.
You again... :facepalm:

Am advocating being safe. You might take all necessary precautions but are you going to vouch for the person next to you?

As for the deal in topic, its a mute point as cinemas are all closed for the foreseeable future.
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2013
3643 posts
2557 upvotes
YUL/YVR
For those that insist on buying....do you know if you buy 10 cards of $20 each = $200 total.

Will you get 4 holiday bundles? Or will you have to do seperate transactions?
Dec 8, 2017
616 posts
286 upvotes
Cineplex theatres in Ottawa are still closed right now, so I am reluctant to buy this year.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)