Cineplex

Buy $50 Giftcard at cineplex and get 2 free movies + popcorn

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 15th, 2020 7:45 am
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2020
4024 posts
2919 upvotes
pererac wrote: cineplex taking a page out of the Air Canada play book......take your money and no refunds due to covid.

I love going to the movies also, and truly miss it. Wish they extended the expiry date until 2022!! After everyone goes nuts and speaks moistly to each other during xmas - the GTA is phucked! Ain't no theatres going to be open (yes everyone lives in GTA/Ont lol)

HBO Max/Crave+HBO will apparently be hosting many of the 2021 releases. Likely $30 for 48 hours or something like that.
Nope. Monthly membership gets you the full 2021 release, at least for the month that the movie appears in. No extra charge. But HBO costs more than other streaming services from what i read.
Jul 13, 2018
271 posts
441 upvotes
Ottawa
Vanilla88 wrote: Do people still go to movie theatres?

Don't think I've been in 8 years & I have no interest in going...let alone before March 31, 2021
No, nobody goes to theatres. The theatre companies have too much money so open these large multi-screen theatres, employ a bunch of people to work in them, make a ton of popcorn just for the sake of it and every night throw it all away, pay lots of money to movie production companies to to be able to show their films to empty theatre rooms every single night, day after day, month after month, year after year, all because nobody has realised that people have stopped coming to the theatre for at least the past 8 years.

I bet they haven't even realised there is a pandemic happening and think this is just business as usual. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
14882 posts
5753 upvotes
RFD
muffin4life wrote: no mass vaccine until probably summer... not worth the risks given the virus is mutating in UK already...
The past few months I've read in various parts of the world fears or events that suggested there have been mutations. Even in the early days of the virus scientists were looking for mutations because they said it happens all the time. Everyone so happy with a vaccine and acting like it's the cure. It's not a cure.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2010
3627 posts
1412 upvotes
Montreal
Cineplex if the expiry date were 2022 at least that would be more convincing...
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2018
1694 posts
1735 upvotes
Toronto
Love the theater but not during Covid, keeping my money in my pocket who knows if theaters will survive this and not buying offers that I might not ever get to use.
Youth is the gift of nature, age is a work of art.
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2006
1888 posts
1744 upvotes
Toronto
who even goes to the theater anymore ...waste of GC
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2006
1888 posts
1744 upvotes
Toronto
I still have outstanding GC from previous years..hope Cineplex wont go bankrupt...
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2013
2100 posts
1442 upvotes
Toronto
Nothing worth watching will get released in theaters until at least summer 2021. And as TV screens get bigger and with higher resolutions, theaters will be a dying breed.

Theaters will be a niche offering catering to group event (action movies) and couples (romantic movie)
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2005
2960 posts
387 upvotes
To be real, even if this is 2018
2 ticket and popcorn still just mildly warm deal
Look here
Penalty Box
Nov 22, 2013
2261 posts
1367 upvotes
Sarnia
Wishing COVID 19 would go away enough so I could enjoy this deal.
Aug 18, 2016
279 posts
346 upvotes
superbigjay wrote: Is there really someone outthere thinking to go to theater before april?
Yes people that live in places with virtually no cases. In all of Nippissing/ Parry Sound Region we have had 91 cases and one death since March. Corona is virtually non existent here. More people died of suicide here due to lockdowns than Corona
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2005
1390 posts
361 upvotes
Can you use the cineplex gift card anywhere else but at the movies?

I have 1 from last year, didn’t get get to use the coupons. I’d rather spend my $50 on anything else..
Dec 8, 2020
78 posts
82 upvotes
Toronto
I have to say their protocols are much safer than many other facilities. I went to watch a move and there were only 10 groups of viewers for the entire theatre
May 2, 2020
242 posts
420 upvotes
Toronto
radeonboy wrote: The past few months I've read in various parts of the world fears or events that suggested there have been mutations. Even in the early days of the virus scientists were looking for mutations because they said it happens all the time. Everyone so happy with a vaccine and acting like it's the cure. It's not a cure.

Virus's mutate all the time, if there as a deadlier mutation it would also mean the virus would be much harder to contract as well. Stop buying into the fear mongering. The virus is here to stay but the vaccine will definitely help build herd immunity and slow down the rate of transmission throughout the population.
Blessed are the flexible, for they shall never be bent out of shape
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
14882 posts
5753 upvotes
RFD
Azmosis30 wrote: Virus's mutate all the time, if there as a deadlier mutation it would also mean the virus would be much harder to contract as well. Stop buying into the fear mongering. The virus is here to stay but the vaccine will definitely help build herd immunity and slow down the rate of transmission throughout the population.
Vaccination-induced herd immunity isn’t a given.

Yes viruses mutate all the time, but your statement that a deadlier mutation means it's harder to contract is incorrect.

Since it's mutating all the time, in the case of COVID-19, all it took was one mutation (Google 614G) that made it harder to stop, it had an easier time infecting people displacing the other mutations.

The debate rages on. Let the professionals handle it.
Nov 15, 2014
31 posts
108 upvotes
Chilliwack, BC
Dreamrider wrote: theatres even open?
Probably not in most provinces, I know they're closed here in BC
Dec 28, 2006
980 posts
506 upvotes
I called cineplex markham earlier today just to see if someone would pick up the phone. I want to use up my old gift cards on takeout popcorn.
But the automated phone system just hangs up on you.

I see that you can ubereats popcorn, but that negates the use of my gift cards.
So yea, I guess I have to actually drive there to see, right?
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2008
4551 posts
2322 upvotes
so glad COVID is doing them in. not sure why anyone would pay $25 + tax for a couple drinks and a popcorn.
May 2, 2020
242 posts
420 upvotes
Toronto
radeonboy wrote: Vaccination-induced herd immunity isn’t a given.

Yes viruses mutate all the time, but your statement that a deadlier mutation means it's harder to contract is incorrect.

Since it's mutating all the time, in the case of COVID-19, all it took was one mutation (Google 614G) that made it harder to stop, it had an easier time infecting people displacing the other mutations.

The debate rages on. Let the professionals handle it.
You are mixing up deadly and contagious my friend

Covid mutated and became more contagious as it spread over the world. Having a viruses that is extremely deadly and contagious is extremely rare. Why do you think SARS and MERS never hit the point we are seeing with Covid? They are extremely deadlier versions of the coronavirus which if you do some Google checking yourself would realize how hard it was to really contract those viruses from others compared to Covid.

Even if the vaccine last only 6 months and people are getting this vaccine for years to come at a seasonal level similar to the flu shot, we are going to eventually build herd immunity towards it and slow it down. It’s going to be here forever, but to think that it’s going to mutate to the point where it’s going to be impossible to stop is both fanfic and simply put has never occured in modern day history.

Any epidemiologist will tell you that the deadlier a virus the harder it is to spread.
Blessed are the flexible, for they shall never be bent out of shape

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)