Cineplex

Cineplex $40 Gift Card Bundle

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 25th, 2022 3:02 am
Nov 26, 2020
46 posts
16 upvotes
Vancouver
With 50% capacity, I was hoping for mandatory empty seats in between but doesn't seem like it
Deal Guru
Dec 25, 2003
10348 posts
2604 upvotes
Vancouver
In BC it looks like there's no distancing, they just stop selling tickets when they hit 50% of capacity. E.g. 132 seat theatre, considered sold out when the 66th ticket is sold

Which means you're going to have 66 people all in the middle and towards the back and empty front and sides.
Nov 22, 2012
26 posts
27 upvotes
Vaughan
Dumb question, but can I use this for a purchase through the Cineplex mobile app? Which code do I add?
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2004
4560 posts
430 upvotes
icdc29 wrote: With 50% capacity, I was hoping for mandatory empty seats in between but doesn't seem like it
I found that pretty ironic. No popcorn. No food. They say reduced capacity, but no distancing. We were surrounded by people.
Sep 29, 2007
762 posts
122 upvotes
I wanted to see Spider-man and Matrix this week.. Perfect timing!
Oct 10, 2006
860 posts
1356 upvotes
Ottawa
I tried to redeem a code for a free ticket on January 3, but doesn't work. Anyone is able to redeem? Thinking Face
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2007
1060 posts
345 upvotes
Toronto
Sweety wrote: I tried to redeem a code for a free ticket on January 3, but doesn't work. Anyone is able to redeem? Thinking Face
Maybe they've canceled all the freebies with Omicron running rampant and all. Can't blame them, with all the loss revenue. Free popcorn already canceled since they can't sell any food.
Deal Addict
Sep 18, 2004
1026 posts
411 upvotes
NubNub wrote: Maybe they've canceled all the freebies with Omicron running rampant and all. Can't blame them, with all the loss revenue. Free popcorn already canceled since they can't sell any food.
I believe the food restrictions are only in Ontario.
And, them losing revenue is not the customers’ problem. You can’t just reneg on your end of the bargain.
Feb 18, 2018
927 posts
1074 upvotes
Airbum88 wrote: I believe the food restrictions are only in Ontario.
And, them losing revenue is not the customers’ problem. You can’t just reneg on your end of the bargain.
Shell's Mastercard and many other broken deals enter the chat...
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2009
7429 posts
5250 upvotes
Toronto
Last day for this, if anyone was still thinking about snagging.
"When someone is burning a book, they are showing utter contempt for all of the thinking that produced its ideas, all of the labor that went into its words and sentences, and all of the trouble that befell the author . . .” ― Lemony Snicket
Jul 28, 2017
484 posts
925 upvotes
This is a pretty decent deal given that the vouher is avaiable from Jan 3 to June 30.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3719 posts
1838 upvotes
Vancouver
How long did it take for everyone to get the bonus? We got the e-certificate pretty quickly but haven't seen anything regarding the bonuses. TIA

EDIT: NVM, it was in the original link when we first bought it. :facepalm:
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2016
1713 posts
1425 upvotes
Halifax
There are food restrictions in Nova Scotia as well. No food allowed in theatre. Masks on for 100 percent of time.
A fan of RFD
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
32003 posts
13502 upvotes
Ninja Robot Pirate wrote: Back in the Before Times, I'd take my nephew and my mom to the movies almost every weekend; Cineplex must put cocaine in the poutine, because they were hooked and I'd have to get it for them every time.

Granted, we only went to the Cineplex at Pickering Town Centre because every auditorium has recliner seats at no extra charge, so maybe it's just that location's poutine that is highly addictive...
Agreed, I quite like their poutine. Not going to say it's the greatest ever but pretty good at the movies. I always get the pulled pork version in VIP.

The only thing is, about this offer, is the coupons are really not that great. A free (really discounted 'cause I never go to the gen pop theatres) movie; a free popcorn; and a "BOGO" that's not even a full BOGO, but a 50% off on second poutine and only the regular poutine? Lame.

Just gonna stick to my Cineclub membership which already has 20% off foods and don't need to buy a second one and aren't limited to just the regular poutine.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2012
1159 posts
906 upvotes
Toronto
Went mid week in Toronto, yorkdale mall. Was pretty dead, about 20 people in our movie, but we did see Spiderman which had been out a while already. No food allowed in and no food being sold. Had I known it was no food, I would have same time and money and just streamed it at home, not the same without food.

So, guessing they've probably disabled the coupons and the expiry will be extended...
May 14, 2007
424 posts
163 upvotes
Vancouver
Sweety wrote: I tried to redeem a code for a free ticket on January 3, but doesn't work. Anyone is able to redeem? Thinking Face
No, I get the same voucher is not valid error.
Cineplex representatives have no clue as well.
Frustrating.
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2011
2141 posts
4758 upvotes
Mississauga
For the folks in Ontario, it looks like movie theatres will be closed starting Jan 5th. Does anyone know if Cinepelx will extend redemption of the free vouchers beyond the current period from January 3, 2022 – June 30, 2022?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2009
7429 posts
5250 upvotes
Toronto
jetertmac wrote: For the folks in Ontario, it looks like movie theatres will be closed starting Jan 5th. Does anyone know if Cinepelx will extend redemption of the free vouchers beyond the current period from January 3, 2022 – June 30, 2022?
I'd bet the farm that they will.
I had some "Admit One" vouchers that I used in December, which had expired April 2021.
They scanned without problems.

They are trying to win people back, so I can't see them enforcing expiry dates, especially when the theatres were closed during the time when the vouchers were meant to be valid.
The validity of the expired vouchers mentioned above was not announced anywhere - my guess is they just program the system to allow them to keep working.
This likely results in some people tossing the vouchers (believing they are no longer valid), while allowing those who try to succeed.
"When someone is burning a book, they are showing utter contempt for all of the thinking that produced its ideas, all of the labor that went into its words and sentences, and all of the trouble that befell the author . . .” ― Lemony Snicket
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2007
1060 posts
345 upvotes
Toronto
I squeezed in a final movie yesterday, before the lockdown, to finally see Spiderman and was pleasantly surprised that the free movie coupon worked. So I paid $6.xx for an IMax movie. Too bad no free popcorn since the concession stands were closed.
Dec 31, 2008
404 posts
353 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Sorry for the necrobump, but I have a free popcorn code that I never used.
Hopefully one of you can use it before Friday. Reply or PM me if you use it.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)