Expired Freebies

[Cineplex] Cineplex Game of Thrones Season Finale Fan Event

  • Last Updated:
  • May 19th, 2019 2:27 am
[OP]
Newbie
Mar 7, 2011
56 posts
167 upvotes

[Cineplex] Cineplex Game of Thrones Season Finale Fan Event

EDIT: someone had pointed out to me that the vouchers/tickets are probably only offered to TV customers who subscribe to Crave+HBO through their Bell, Bell Aliant, Bell MTS, Telus, Rogers, and SaskTel tv service. It's unknown if everyone will get the offer or just some people.

So it looks like Cineplex has partnered with Bell, Bell Aliant, Telus, Rogers, SaskTel and Bell MTS to show the Game of Thrones season finale on the big screen. It will take place on Sunday May 19th, at 9 Est 10 ATL. For Bell customers it will be in Toronto, Montreal and Halifax. For SaskTel customers I imagine Saskatoon, for Bell MTS in Winnipeg, and Bell Aliant in Halifax. I don't know about Rogers and Telus customers. Rogers will probably be in Toronto, and Telus possibly out west.

Tickets are not for sale, but Bell/Telus/Rogers customers will be emailed two voucher codes good for two tickets. There will be free popcorn, drink, and candy handed out in the auditorium for everyone. The voucher codes can then be r
edeemed for tickets on the Cineplex website somehow. Doors open an hour before showtime, and pre-show starts and half hour before.

Tickets are available on a first come first served basis only. I imagine there will be someone at the door checking tickets so sneaking in is not an easy option.
I don't know if all customers will get the voucher codes but I imagine the tickets will be redeemed very quickly.

One neat thing which I am really interested in is the theatres will be given the master file to espisode which is extremely high quality content, and the exact opposite of cable and streaming content we got last weekend in episode 3. Shades of black and gray look fine until they are compressed and then you get banding, artifacts, and weird pixelation when they lump similar colors together. (The episode was too dark though).

Check out more info here: https://www.cineplex.com/Movie/game-of- ... event-bell
Last edited by Haroldtgap on May 5th, 2019 12:20 am, edited 4 times in total.
53 replies
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jul 21, 2016
976 posts
2126 upvotes
Oh damn now I hate being with videotron :-(
If anyone by some miracle won't use his, contact me please!!
Thanks OP, bought 25!
(Mod edit: You are awesome)
Member
User avatar
Jan 31, 2007
368 posts
50 upvotes
Hamilton
Is it safe to assume Koodo (and other "value" brands) are excluded from this?
Looking for: Animorphs: 42, 44, 47, 48, 50, Battle Royale manga issue 15
[OP]
Newbie
Mar 7, 2011
56 posts
167 upvotes
Yes I'd say Koodo and other brands are excluded from this but you could ask friends and Family, or if you are really desparate, you could contact someone at Cineplex and say your code isn't working or say your friend got one but you didn't.
Newbie
User avatar
Feb 6, 2018
38 posts
47 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Oh man, I will drive to Toronto from Montreal on that weekend. If someone could send me 2 vouchers, I would be extremly grateful!!!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 19, 2007
3797 posts
2451 upvotes
Ontario
They should come to my backwater town and play it for us :P
---
Member
Nov 22, 2016
475 posts
259 upvotes
Agreed OP, episode was much too dark. They dropped the ball. Still good though. Hopefully standard Rogers customers and not only HBO Rogers customers will get an opportunity at tickets.

Thanks for the heads up.
[OP]
Newbie
Mar 7, 2011
56 posts
167 upvotes
restoou wrote: Oh man, I will drive to Toronto from Montreal on that weekend. If someone could send me 2 vouchers, I would be extremly grateful!!!
It will be playing in Montreal at Cineplex as well. If you really want to see it you could try sneaking in but it's risky.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2009
1333 posts
169 upvotes
fwhiggins wrote: Yes I'd say Koodo and other brands are excluded from this but you could ask friends and Family, or if you are really desparate, you could contact someone at Cineplex and say your code isn't working or say your friend got one but you didn't.
What if they asked you what the code was? Would they?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 18, 2017
1216 posts
2526 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
So if you're on Fido and live in Vancouver, I should just stay home and watch it on my tiny 55" TV?

boooo....
Last edited by vancityguy0 on May 1st, 2019 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't request PMs in your signature - Mods
[OP]
Newbie
Mar 7, 2011
56 posts
167 upvotes
shadowslaya wrote: What if they asked you what the code was? Would they?
They may not ask. I would just play dumb and be nice about it.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1160 posts
402 upvotes
YYC
Not available in my city but upvoted OP all the same.

Get ready for those downvoting Dany's who will complain about it not being in their city.
[OP]
Newbie
Mar 7, 2011
56 posts
167 upvotes
vancityguy0 wrote: So if you're on Fido and live in Vancouver, I should just stay home and watch it on my tiny 55" TV?

boooo....
Yeah I guess so... I don't know if Telus is having one in Vancouver but doesn't appear like it. We'll have to see if anyone reports back.
Newbie
Sep 5, 2011
80 posts
89 upvotes
Toronto
Though I’d like to be proven wrong, I’d assume the vouchers will be sent out based on having a Crave subscription through the applicable company’s TV service. So even if you’re a Bell, Rogers or Telus customer for another service (even TV), if you don’t have Crave through that provider, you’re probably out of luck (edit: until public availability on the 6th). Mobile service likely has nothing to do with it.

Again, hoping to be proven wrong.
Last edited by OhHiThere on May 1st, 2019 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2014
2036 posts
2253 upvotes
Toronto, ON
PatrickB012050 wrote: Oh damn now I hate being with videotron :-(
If anyone by some miracle won't use his, contact me please!!
"If your theatre options are sold out or your promo codes are expired, visit Cineplex.com/GOT for access to the public general admissions theatres starting May 6, 2019. "
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2006
2708 posts
677 upvotes
How do you get it if your on bell?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2011
8339 posts
3030 upvotes
Toronto
Don't see tickets available for Rogers, sold out?
[OP]
Newbie
Mar 7, 2011
56 posts
167 upvotes
OhHiThere wrote: Though I’d like to be proven wrong, I’d assume the vouchers will be sent out based on having a Crave subscription through the applicable company’s TV service. So even if you’re a Bell, Rogers or Telus customer for another service (even TV), if you don’t have Crave through that provider, you’re probably out of luck (edit: until public availability on the 6th). Mobile service likely has nothing to do with it.

Again, hoping to be proven wrong.
Oh I think you're right. I didnt even realize that. It probably will be sent out to TV subscribers who have Crave and HBO, because all the companies listed offer Crave and HBO, and Crave is even on the poster. That makes alot more sense than them sending it out to 25 millon wireless subscribers.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2009
2081 posts
664 upvotes
Would be cool to see it on the big screen, guess we'll find out more info tomorrow.

Top