Expired Hot Deals

Locked: [Cineplex] Cineplex Ontario - reopens July 31 w/$5 tickets, $2.99 Tuesdays

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 30th, 2020 3:19 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
21600 posts
24542 upvotes
Toronto

[Cineplex] Cineplex Ontario - reopens July 31 w/$5 tickets, $2.99 Tuesdays

"I felt a great disturbance at KFC as if millions of chickens suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced." RFD user stephroll
Share:
60 replies
Jun 15, 2016
317 posts
209 upvotes
Need reduced popcorn prices!
Aug 22, 2009
486 posts
442 upvotes
Ottawa
Won’t catch me in a movie theatre anytime soon, but good deal for those who wanna take the risk.

Netflix and chill my friends Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2014
1112 posts
1645 upvotes
GPS - error
Finally some reasonable prices for going to the movies ...
These should've been the regular prices, maybe then theaters wouldn't be half full :)
Deal Fanatic
Apr 18, 2010
5293 posts
1047 upvotes
Toronto
Why the downvote
Aug 5, 2017
85 posts
51 upvotes
glover78 wrote: Why the downvote
old movies
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
21600 posts
24542 upvotes
Toronto
frenk927 wrote: old movies
interesting mix for sure. Yonge/Dundas is doing

Harley Quinn, Wonder Woman, and the Christian Bale Batman trilogy. Along with newer stuff like Bloodshot, The Hunt, and Invisible Man. Newest feature is Random Acts of Violence.

https://www.cineplex.com/Showtimes/any- ... =7/31/2020

it's kinda bonkers. Harley Quinn in huge Ultra AVX has a total of 25 total sellable seats now. So much room!
Images
  • harleyquinnavx.jpg
Last edited by sprung on Jul 30th, 2020 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I felt a great disturbance at KFC as if millions of chickens suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced." RFD user stephroll
Mar 12, 2016
769 posts
1047 upvotes
To be fair, it is probably safer to physical distance and watch a movie at cineplex than whatever the hell they do in patios and restaurants. You can't eat through a mask, but you can watch a movie through one. Which surprises me that they are still allowing food in the theatre
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2018
1262 posts
1880 upvotes
Canada, eh?
Cineplex is making masks optional except in locations where the city has forced its hand with bylaws.

Fairly certain people won't be able to sit through a 2 hour movie without taking their masks off.
Feb 4, 2006
370 posts
93 upvotes
$5 for dbox tickets. Thats a steal.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
2364 posts
1449 upvotes
UWOD2020 wrote: To be fair, it is probably safer to physical distance and watch a movie at cineplex than whatever the hell they do in patios and restaurants. You can't eat through a mask, but you can watch a movie through one. Which surprises me that they are still allowing food in the theatre
That is assuming everyone will keep their mask on. Also indoors versus outdoors is a big difference. So it’s probably not safer.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 5, 2006
5676 posts
2761 upvotes
Global Village
They are not reopening Cineplex STC?! I wonder if they'll permanently close it.
All day I dream about sports
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
2029 posts
1941 upvotes
They could offer me free admission to VVIP Ultra Supa Dupa AVX Real 4D D BOX with AYCE pop corn, I'm still not going.
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
12043 posts
2193 upvotes
Mississauga
UWOD2020 wrote: To be fair, it is probably safer to physical distance and watch a movie at cineplex than whatever the hell they do in patios and restaurants. You can't eat through a mask, but you can watch a movie through one. Which surprises me that they are still allowing food in the theatre
Outdoors is always better than indoors when it comes to this virus. And if you think the teenboppers cleaning the theatres will be doing a thorough job, well...

Theatres keep very little of the money from ticket sales. Most of their revenue comes from concessions.
Nov 27, 2013
847 posts
881 upvotes
$2.99 is pretty tempting.

On one hand theatres are usually fairly empty during daytime showings and will probably be even more empty now...so distancing may not even be an issue if going early. On the other hand there is no new movies to see lol.
Last edited by xboxrrr on Jul 30th, 2020 12:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Banned
Jul 12, 2005
610 posts
417 upvotes
UWOD2020 wrote: You can't eat through a mask, but you can watch a movie through one.
How can I effectively talk throughout the movie when I'm wearing a mask?

I need to be able to verbally warn the actors when they enter a dangerous situation, as well as re-translate from English so my half deaf grandmother can follow along in her native language.
- Tired of seeing this thread?
- Click your profile name in the upper right corner > click Settings > under Accounts & Preferences on the left-hand side, click Hidden Threads > Enable thread hiding: Yes/No - select Yes then Save Changes
May 26, 2020
173 posts
444 upvotes
Things I'd rather do than visit a movie theatre in 2020: Everything.

You won't see a new movie arrive in theatres (without also being available for home streaming) until the US fixes its problem, and that won't be until a vaccine arrives.
Mar 10, 2016
233 posts
105 upvotes
AriGold89 wrote: Things I'd rather do than visit a movie theatre in 2020: Everything.

You won't see a new movie arrive in theatres (without also being available for home streaming) until the US fixes its problem, and that won't be until a vaccine arrives.
https://variety.com/2020/film/box-offic ... 234717187/