Expired Hot Deals

Cineplex

Locked: Cineplex Ontario - reopens July 31 w/$5 tickets, $2.99 Tuesdays

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 30th, 2020 3:19 pm
May 26, 2020
173 posts
444 upvotes
August 26th is forever away in a pandemic, and that film's already been delayed twice (was supposed to come out weeks ago). I guarantee that even if it is released in theatres, it'll come with a home streaming option. There are way too many important US markets that won't get theatre clearance in five weeks' time.
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2015
2655 posts
3186 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
secretalcoholic wrote: Cineplex is making masks optional except in locations where the city has forced its hand with bylaws.

Fairly certain people won't be able to sit through a 2 hour movie without taking their masks off.
When i work some 6 hour shifts, i dont take my break or mask off once. Extremely easy to do, let alone a measly 2 hours lol
😎Thanks RFD😎
Mar 10, 2016
260 posts
107 upvotes
AriGold89 wrote: August 26th is forever away in a pandemic, and that film's already been delayed twice (was supposed to come out weeks ago). I guarantee that even if it is released in theatres, it'll come with a home streaming option. There are way too many important US markets that won't get theatre clearance in five weeks' time.
https://variety.com/2020/film/box-offic ... 234717187/

‘TENET’ will release on September 4 in the U.S.

Definitely will not be any home streaming options lol.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2010
3614 posts
1400 upvotes
Montreal
If they put up movie from China, Korea & Japan I might consider going beside that Hollywood have shut down in the time being nothing new to watch.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2018
1773 posts
2813 upvotes
Canada, eh?
blackbirdman wrote: When i work some 6 hour shifts, i dont take my break or mask off once. Extremely easy to do, let alone a measly 2 hours lol
Exactly. But I'm just saying there will be those who can't even have it on for 5 minutes.
Mar 3, 2005
327 posts
186 upvotes
xboxrrr wrote: $2.99 is pretty tempting.

On one hand theatres are usually fairly empty during daytime showings and will probably be even more empty now...so distancing may not even be an issue if going early. On the other hand there is no new movies to see lol.
$2.99 for a potential Rona exposure...
Im rethinking my excitement at the theatres opening. Everyone makes some good points here...esp the cleaning protocols by teenagers. That has always been my concern, how can i trust the person responsible for cleaning is doing a good enough job. Eventually complacecy sets in...do something over and over again, its inevitable.
Oh man..decisions.
:cheesygri
Deal Addict
May 3, 2008
1108 posts
549 upvotes
Perth
Hmmm... going to the theatre during a highly contagious pandemic when you can get the same content in the safety of your own home... thanks, but no thanks.
May 26, 2020
173 posts
444 upvotes
Stroshow wrote: https://variety.com/2020/film/box-offic ... 234717187/

‘TENET’ will release on September 4 in the U.S.

Definitely will not be any home streaming options lol.
That's not what it says. It says "select US cities"... Movie theatres haven't reopened in the majority of major US cities, including New York. AMC Theatres has pushed back their reopening date multiple times to coincide with the launch of "Tenet," but with the way US cases are going (63,000 new cases yesterday), there's almost a virtual certainty that won't be in September.
Dec 8, 2017
606 posts
282 upvotes
I love the movies so much that I am taking the risk to go. In fact I have already been twice to my local independent theatre. I think we shouldn't judge each other on whether we go to the movies right now or not. Everyone is an adult and should be able to decide for themselves what they deem worth the risk and what not. For me, I would never go to a fitness studio right now. It's inside, people are breathing heavily, masks not required during workout and so many surfaces! But I don't judge those that deem fitness studios worth the risk.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2008
5782 posts
2545 upvotes
Durham
Have you own home theater and you will never need to go to them again.
16'x11' Living Room 11' Cathedral Ceiling. Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H 7.2 setup. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers - FR+FL; Polk S35 - Center; Klipsch R51M - RR+RL; Klipsch R14M - Dolby FHR+FHL; Polk HTS10 Subwoofer x2. Unlocked Android Boxes from Taiwan x2
Jun 2, 2007
553 posts
655 upvotes
Toronto
good deal but im ready for this i will pass
thanks for posting
Don't go broke trying to look rich.
Aug 26, 2019
345 posts
638 upvotes
Can we just take a moment to mourn the fact that the new James Bond "No Time To Die" is sitting in purgatory right now?

*sobs*
Mar 10, 2016
260 posts
107 upvotes
AriGold89 wrote: That's not what it says. It says "select US cities"... Movie theatres haven't reopened in the majority of major US cities, including New York. AMC Theatres has pushed back their reopening date multiple times to coincide with the launch of "Tenet," but with the way US cases are going (63,000 new cases yesterday), there's almost a virtual certainty that won't be in September.
https://www.theverge.com/2020/7/23/2133 ... arner-bros

"Tenet will absolutely not be a streaming-first title, AT&T CEO says" - you really think a Nolan film of this magnitude and budget would be released on streaming?
May 26, 2020
173 posts
444 upvotes
Stroshow wrote: https://www.theverge.com/2020/7/23/2133 ... arner-bros

"Tenet will absolutely not be a streaming-first title, AT&T CEO says" - you really think a Nolan film of this magnitude and budget would be released on streaming?
I don't care what that article says, nor do I care what Christopher Nolan wants. That movie was filmed in May of last year when the world was a very different place. If the studio wants to make him happy, it won't be arriving in theatres until 2021. And if it does arrive this year, it might be exclusively in theatres for a week at most until it's turned over to streaming. There's just no way they see the dollars the other titles mentioned in that article saw without taking into account the world we're living in right now. Even when AMC opens, for instance, it'll be exactly like what we're seeing here with 50 heads (at most) in each theatre. You would need to screen the film in every available room in every open theatre to warrant that title's release in the US. It just won't happen. My gut instinct is that they'll push it to 2021, because there definitely won't be an Oscars show next year with all the titles that have proactively delayed their releases, and Nolan loves his awards.
Feb 17, 2014
223 posts
332 upvotes
Calgary
Seems relatively safe to me. The ability to stay distanced from everyone in a basically empty theatre is much better than going to any bars or restaurants for example.
Temp. Banned
Apr 15, 2011
5157 posts
1887 upvotes
Scarborough
Kind of tempted but yeah...first I need to know how they are going to seat people. Any distancjng measures or people sitting side by side ? It doesn't matter how cheap it is, or their popcorn, they would literally have to pay me to go at this point.
Sep 3, 2018
302 posts
163 upvotes
Nice prices but the movies they offer are not worthy to (re)visit the cinema for
May 2, 2020
226 posts
389 upvotes
Toronto
AriGold89 wrote: August 26th is forever away in a pandemic, and that film's already been delayed twice (was supposed to come out weeks ago). I guarantee that even if it is released in theatres, it'll come with a home streaming option. There are way too many important US markets that won't get theatre clearance in five weeks' time.
Saying no film will release than trying to dish out "it has been delayed twice followed by "home streaming option" that literally has not been brought up once in the media is back peddling on your original claim that nothing will release.

The fact is that markets that have been heavily impacted like the film industry have NO CHOICE but to launch their films before a vaccine. Studios and companies have dished out millions upon millions to produce these IPs.

Films will release and studios will find a way to maximize earnings in creative ways. Home streaming is a horrible idea and the industry would not dare to launch a newly released movie in that format due to the fact that it opens up massive pirating concerns and possibilities.
Blessed are the flexible, for they shall never be bent out of shape
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2013
1009 posts
1095 upvotes
yycguy1 wrote: Seems relatively safe to me. The ability to stay distanced from everyone in a basically empty theatre is much better than going to any bars or restaurants for example.
The "seat reservation map" feature should be required when buying tickets. That way you can see exactly how full the theatre would be...how spaced out the seating would be.
Aug 26, 2019
345 posts
638 upvotes
xboxrrr wrote: The "seat reservation map" feature should be required when buying tickets. That way you can see exactly how full the theatre would be...how spaced out the seating would be.
It is when you book via the Cineplex website. I know this because I was going to purchase every second seat in the theatre just to have the theatre to myself for ~$125. That was until I realized it's still a waste of money and there is a limit on ticket purchases per account.