Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Cineplex

[PSA] Cineplex Admit One Tickets - Prices going up!

Oct 28, 2006
18 posts
Dear Hellfire,

Thanks for continuing to do these group buys... I really appreciate all the work that you do and the savings for all of us!

Much appreciated,

cdnhomegirl
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
1468 posts
266 upvotes
I have AMEX that pays 2% on all purchases. If you don't have that, even the worst credit cards give you 1% back of some kind of reward which should be a nice bonus for doing these group buys instead of adding $100's to the bottomline for yourself. I'm just saying that as per the Group Buy rules you need to be transparent. In your first post you say you don't make anything and that you accept donations. You do however in fact add extra money for your time.

Hellfire wrote: I don't have a 2% cash back m/c to use. Pls find me a card that offering 2% on all purchases.

If you don't like the group buy, no one is forcing you to join.

I really fail to see what you are achieving with your comments.
Nov 6, 2007
92 posts
Toronto
Hi HF

thanks for running another one of these. Please don't listen to the trolls - there are far more of us that really appreciate what you are doing.

Anyhow, please put me in for 20 tickets.

Thanks,
Joanie
Jan 8, 2003
824 posts
26 upvotes
Raincouver
stock_junkie wrote: I have AMEX that pays 2% on all purchases. If you don't have that, even the worst credit cards give you 1% back of some kind of reward which should be a nice bonus for doing these group buys instead of adding $100's to the bottomline for yourself. Just be more transparent. In your first post you say you don't make anything and that you accept donations. You do however in fact add extra money for your time.
FYI, Cineplex no longer accepts Amex. They used to. I used to order directly from them and they sent out an email stating that.
--
ngp
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2003
8346 posts
1087 upvotes
Edmonton
stock_junkie wrote: I have AMEX that pays 2% on all purchases. If you don't have that, even the worst credit cards give you 1% back of some kind of reward which should be a nice bonus for doing these group buys instead of adding $100's to the bottomline for yourself. I'm just saying that as per the Group Buy rules you need to be transparent. In your first post you say you don't make anything and that you accept donations. You do however in fact add extra money for your time.
I don't make anything, if you think that I am believe what you want. Clearly you have no idea what is required to run a successful group buy. The quote tool from cineplex has been in existence longer than I've been running the group buys, so I've always been very transparent, anyone can use it.
Jul 2, 2007
246 posts
GTA, ON
Hello,

Those of us who have been a part of these group-buys done by Hellfire really enjoy, and appreciate, the work he puts into it to save us some money. Nit picking over what "could" Happen really makes no sense at all.

I'm happy someone like him is willing to step up and do the work to create such an effective system. If you don't like it, do not participate. Trying to punch holes in a boat that isn't sinking does no one any good.

Regards,

Rorius
Mar 26, 2006
257 posts
152 upvotes
Brampton
Wanted to thank hellfire for setting this up, Please add me to the list for 2 (20 tix) . Thanks

JT
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2005
1071 posts
148 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Hellfire wrote: I don't make anything, if you think that I am believe what you want. Clearly you have no idea what is required to run a successful group buy. The quote tool from cineplex has been in existence longer than I've been running the group buys, so I've always been very transparent, anyone can use it.
Firstly, I do want to express my appreciation to Hellfire for setting up this group buy (this is my first time participating).

Regarding the cost however, I do feel like it would be better if there was full transparency so that any misconceptions are cleared up (and as per the forum rules). I'm the type that likes to know exactly what I'm paying for and why (and I'm sure I'm not the only one).

If it could be broken down, I'm sure that some people might feel better for participating. Hellfire, if you aren't making any profit, why not just break it down for everyone to see?

Something simple like:

Gas - $50
Postage - I thought we paid for this
Envelopes - I thought we paid for this
Paper - $5
Labels - $50
Mileage - $50
Wear and tear - same as mileage?
Power _ ?
Water - ?
Depreciation - ?
Bank fees - ?
Taxes - ?
Interest - ?
Internet - ?
Telephone - ?
Cell - ?
Marketing - ?

Regardless, I'm willing to pay the $7.50/ticket whatever the costs are, as in the end I'm saving money.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
1468 posts
266 upvotes
Yes, some of the items that Hellfire listed as expenses that you outline are ridiculous IMO. Is he organizing a Group Buy or running a samll business from home and keeping track of write offs for his tax return??? Wouldn't he still have internet, water, power etc if he wasn't running the Group Buy? How are these legitimate related expenses?
2heaven wrote: Power _ ?
Water - ?
Depreciation - ?
Bank fees - ?
Taxes - ?
Interest - ?
Internet - ?
Telephone - ?
Cell - ?
Marketing - ?
Hellfire wrote: Other costs: Gas, postage, envelopes, paper, labels, mileage, wear and tear, power, water, depreciation, bank fees, taxes, interest, internet, telephone, cell, marketing etc.... I could go on and on... but basically since I don't make a profit I have to ensure that all my costs are covered no matter how minor it seems. Also please note that I am NOT charging for my time, if I was the cost of the tickets would be much, much higher.
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
3756 posts
12 upvotes
stock_junkie wrote: Yes, some of the items that Hellfire listed as expenses that you outline are ridiculous IMO. Is he organizing a Group Buy or running a samll business from home and keeping track of write offs for his tax return??? Wouldn't he still have internet, water, power etc if he wasn't running the Group Buy? How are these legitimate related expenses?
STOCKjunkie- please STOP!!! I for one have participated in these group buys many times... if he does make something or not, I and most people here dont care... in the long run, WE still save up... If he makes something, it's our little "thank you" for running this...

so please STOP... if you dont like it... dont participate... DONT RUIN IT FOR ALL WHO DOESNT CARE...
Paolo wrote:Why are they called the Olsen twins if they both have different last names? Mary Kate, and Ashley Olsen. Why are they not called the Kate Twins? or the Kate-Olsen twins? It's also fascinating how 2 kids from different parents looked identical and both played the role of baby michelle on full house and now 20 some years later, they still look identical.
THREE STARS AND A SUN
Jul 2, 2007
246 posts
GTA, ON
burnt_toast wrote: STOCKjunkie- please STOP!!! I for one have participated in these group buys many times... if he does make something or not, I and most people here dont care... in the long run, WE still save up... If he makes something, it's our little "thank you" for running this...

so please STOP... if you dont like it... dont participate... DONT RUIN IT FOR ALL WHO DOESNT CARE...
I agree with burnt_toast.

Most of things that are being brought up are semantics. These menial costs are negligible compared to the fact that we end up paying about 2/3 the cost of a movie for the people buying from Toronto.

These discounted tickets are the difference between my wife and I going to see a movie, and just renting them. I don't known what the agenda is in these repeated comments against Hellfire, but it doesn't seem like it's for the benefit.

Again, if you have a problem with this group buy either do not participate, or find a better solution and implement it yourself. For now, this is an amazing option and Hellfire does an incredible job for a lot of people.

Regards,

Rorius
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2005
2891 posts
273 upvotes
Rorius wrote: I agree with burnt_toast.

Most of things that are being brought up are semantics. These menial costs are negligible compared to the fact that we end up paying about 2/3 the cost of a movie for the people buying from Toronto.

These discounted tickets are the difference between my wife and I going to see a movie, and just renting them. I don't known what the agenda is in these repeated comments against Hellfire, but it doesn't seem like it's for the benefit.

Again, if you have a problem with this group buy either do not participate, or find a better solution and implement it yourself. For now, this is an amazing option and Hellfire does an incredible job for a lot of people.

Regards,

Rorius
+2 000 000

Not buying any this time around but I had to add my support for Hellfire.

You have the right not to participate if you don't like it.
Without people voluntarily going through the trouble to do stuff like this, this site would not have gotten this far.
My Heatware
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
1887 posts
359 upvotes
North York
i'm in for 20 tix.

this is my 2nd time in this group buy. you can't beat the price per ticket (in toronto except tuesdays) so if you can find cheaper or run a group buy detailing every cost like you keep harping on... don't come back to this thread.

hellfire is doing all of us a great service and we appreciate it.
Feb 8, 2007
429 posts
1 upvote
spawn582 wrote: i'm in for 20 tix.

this is my 2nd time in this group buy. you can't beat the price per ticket (in toronto except tuesdays) so if you can find cheaper or run a group buy detailing every cost like you keep harping on... don't come back to this thread.

hellfire is doing all of us a great service and we appreciate it.

Exactly my thoughts. From a buyer's perspective, I am paying $7.50 per ticket, in groups of 10. I don't care where the $7.50 goes to, at the end of this, I will receive the exact items that I set out to buy. That makes me happy.

As an aside, Hellfire already mentioned, it would be NICE if you appreciate his service and provide a monetary gift in return, but that is not a requirement to receive his service.
Deal Guru
Dec 25, 2003
11091 posts
3504 upvotes
Vancouver
I think being up front is a good thing though. Like most other people here, at $7.50 a pop I don't care if Hellfire makes a little extra on top of his costs (as evidenced by my many orders from him before). Nobody sells these Admit Ones cheaper so how can I complain? But...it's a little disingenuous to say the cost of the tickets is $5,500 when they only actually cost $5,300 (or whatever it is). Just say "here's my costs and here's what I'm charging, take it or leave it". Tell me it's $5,300 for the tickets, $X for postage, $Y for envelopes, plus whatever else to get you to $75/batch of 10 tickets.

Anyway, the RFD Group Buy police are going to require receipts regardless, so I think it's going to have to be up front or risk getting shut down (which nobody wants).

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)