Expired Hot Deals

[Cineplex.com] $50 Cineplex Mystery Shopper program. Includes 8 tickets +$40 in concessions

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 7th, 2019 3:20 am
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
22305 posts
26636 upvotes
Toronto

[Cineplex.com] $50 Cineplex Mystery Shopper program. Includes 8 tickets +$40 in concessions

Deal Link:
Price:
$50
Retailer:
Cineplex.com
More offers from Cineplex.com
not for everybody but it is a pretty decent deal if you enjoy movies and snacks. Pay $50+tax. In return you get 8 movie passes + $40 in concession vouchers + earn Scene points for your visit. Each visit requires you to complete a brief evaluation of the cinema (2-5mins total)

https://www.cineplex.com/Theatres/MysteryShopper

PDF FAQ here
Last edited by sprung on Jul 23rd, 2018 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ye wife is in me dms baby.
Thread Summary
137 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2005
3167 posts
1189 upvotes
Montreal
Sounds like they have this backwards.

If I work for them, they should be the ones paying me, instead of the other way around *SMH*
Last edited by marc_t on Jul 23rd, 2018 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Client at: Tangerine, VoIP.ms, Virgin Mobile
Deal Fanatic
Jan 8, 2006
9808 posts
3514 upvotes
Vaughan, Ontario
Umm... I though you are supposed to get paid for doing mystery shopper program? Looks like you are paying them and in a way work for them. Win win for them.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2009
1879 posts
1348 upvotes
Ottawa
Andro wrote: Umm... I though you are supposed to get paid for doing mystery shopper program? Looks like you are paying them and in a way work for them. Win win for them.
Nah it’s not that bad I do this in ottawa, always use gift card towards large popcorn and lets you see any movie of your choice in a month time frame of your shop. The survey takes literally 2-3mins after each of my visits. It saves me $ and I still get to eat my popcorn which I would have always bought anyhow.
Last edited by chriscabob on Jul 23rd, 2018 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2004
6332 posts
712 upvotes
Toronto
It's an annual membership, so do they randomly send you to 8 movies or can you choose the novie!?
Jun 1, 2017
59 posts
156 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP, it's not for everyone, but I signed up, let's see if I get it!
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8569 upvotes
GTHA
greg123 wrote: It's an annual membership, so do they randomly send you to 8 movies or can you choose the novie!?
Answered in the FAQ

CAN I SEE ANY MOVIE I’D LIKE?
Yes, you can shop your assigned theatre any day of the week for any regularly scheduled show.
Last edited by tk1000 on Jul 23rd, 2018 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 16, 2009
601 posts
148 upvotes
Anyone know if this includes 3D movies, or DBox or any other premium movies?
Aug 31, 2008
752 posts
342 upvotes
$50 for 8 tickets still seems fine to me! I'll do the dumb survey!
Oct 24, 2017
299 posts
632 upvotes
Why is everyone shitting on this?

$50/year gets you:
  • D-Box UltraAVX | $24.99 x4 shows x2 tickets ($199.92) - $50 membership = $149.92 saving
  • VIP | $19.99 x4 shows x2 tickets ($159.92) - $50 membership = $109.99 saving
  • General | $13.50 x4 shows x 2 tickets ($108) - $50 membership = $58 saving
The .pdf doesn't have any restrictions on theater type. Even at the general rate, you're saving at least $58, not to mention the $40 in concession.
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2017
1625 posts
2068 upvotes
Not sure why this is downvoted. It's a pretty good deal. You pay a membership fee and you get movies and concession. You just have to fill out some forms.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2009
1879 posts
1348 upvotes
Ottawa
canada5dollarbill wrote: Why is everyone shitting on this?

$50/year gets you:
  • D-Box UltraAVX | $24.99 x4 shows x2 tickets ($199.92) - $50 membership = $149.92 saving
  • VIP | $19.99 x4 shows x2 tickets ($159.92) - $50 membership = $109.99 saving
  • General | $13.50 x4 shows x 2 tickets ($108) - $50 membership = $58 saving
The .pdf doesn't have any restrictions on theater type. Even at the general rate, you're saving at least $58, not to mention the $40 in concession.
Wrong the ticket they provide is a Be our guest ticket that covers only a regular adult general admission fee. Any upgrades are on your own.

You will be receiving Mystery Shop evaluation form via email, and the “Be Our Guest” movie passes and gift card will be mailed to you through Canada Post. Please allow Canada Post 1 – 3 weeks to deliver your kit.

· “Be Our Guest” passes cannot be used during “No Pass” restrictions.
· Surcharges will apply for a film presented in an enhanced cinema experience including but not limited to VIP, IMAX®, 3D, UltraAVX®, D-BOX, 4DX, and Prime seating.

You will receive an email informing you of the shop and next shop due date. Once you have completed your theatre visit, you will be able to log into https://mysteryshopper.cineplex.com and submit your evaluation and comments online.

Please remember to:

· Never Reveal your secret shopper identity
· Shoppers are NOT permitted to evaluate a VIP show
· All evaluations must be submitted online within 24 hours of your theatre visit
· Tickets must be purchased at the theatre Box Office
· Be sure to make note of all employee names
· Retain your admission tickets stubs and concession receipt for the evaluation
· Shoppers must evaluate the main concession stand
· Begin Concession transaction by ordering a small popcorn and drink
· Shoppers are required to make comments for ALL questions marked “NO”

Your kit will be mailed out and will includes the following:

- A confirmation page
- Two (2) Be Our Guest Passes
- One (1) $10 Gift Card
Jan 13, 2010
274 posts
96 upvotes
This seems like a good deal, however, it looks like its YMMV since they need to accept you as a secret shopper at that theater.

Has anyone got accepted yet??
Deal Fanatic
Jan 8, 2006
9808 posts
3514 upvotes
Vaughan, Ontario
User381785 wrote: Not sure why this is downvoted. It's a pretty good deal. You pay a membership fee and you get movies and concession. You just have to fill out some forms.
Because you are paying someone to work for them. Movie going is on a downward spiral for a few years now. They should have no problem to either pay you or offer to give passes for free.

I have multiple free passes from shoppers promos and I find it hard to go even for free.

I won't be surprised if most movie theatres will shut their doors completely in 10-20 years. With the recent technology, movie going is more of a hassle rather than an experience. Sure there will be fans of that experience, but they are very limited in numbers. Business cannot be sustained with just hardcore fans. They really need to revamp whole movie going thing, which they haven't been able to do for years.
Last edited by Andro on Jul 23rd, 2018 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 25, 2010
786 posts
378 upvotes
Can u book your tix online?
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2004
1497 posts
445 upvotes
Toronto
Andro wrote: Because you are paying someone to work for them. Movie going is on a downward spiral for a few years now. They should have no problem to either pay you or offer to give passes for free.

I have multiple free passes from shoppers promos and I find it hard to go even for free.

I won't be surprised if most movie theatres will shut their doors completely in 10-20 years. With the recent technology, movie going is more of a hassle rather than an experience. Sure there will be fans of that experience, but they are very limited in numbers. Business cannot be sustained with just hardcore fans. They really need to revamp whole movie going thing, which they haven't been able to do for years.
I'd be more than happy to take your passes off your hands if you find it that difficult to use them :) lol
Dec 1, 2007
827 posts
181 upvotes
St Thomas, ON
Nothing new as this has existed for years. I did the program for about 3 years. Have to wait a year before re-enrolling.

Makes for a cheap night out and the evaluation is dead simple compared to many pure mystery shops.

Don’t think this warrants a thread as it’s not time-limited or anything special. Would be different if there was some additional incentive right now..
Bobby Dee.
RFD Proud since 07.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 8, 2006
9808 posts
3514 upvotes
Vaughan, Ontario
kid_icarus wrote: I'd be more than happy to take your passes off your hands if you find it that difficult to use them :) lol
Sure. $10 each. Lol

My point was that I don't see myself paying for the experience, as I have trouble going for free. Obviously I'll try to use them up, but its not as good as movie going once was.
Last edited by Andro on Jul 23rd, 2018 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.