Sep 28, 2009
299 posts
179 upvotes
Went to a movie last Saturday and nobody even cleaned the theatre...FYI
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2019
1059 posts
1198 upvotes
Does anyone know when Cineplex publishes schedule of movies for the coming week. It's Tuesday today and I find it assuming that Cineplex has not declared movies and their schedule for this Friday.
😎
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2007
1883 posts
796 upvotes
YYC
mr2711 wrote: Does anyone know when Cineplex publishes schedule of movies for the coming week. It's Tuesday today and I find it assuming that Cineplex has not declared movies and their schedule for this Friday.
Usually late Tuesday or early Wed morning.
Deal Fanatic
May 8, 2002
5511 posts
2154 upvotes
Coolisyu wrote: Just a heads up. But I don't think Cineplex is physical distancing seats properly anymore.

Before it used to be, you book a seat and seats around you are blocked. Now if you book a seat, seats left and right are blocked but seats in front and back are no longer blocked. You will be sitting with people either in front or behind you almost arm's length for the length of the movie.

Just wanted people to know.
Can confirm, went to see Free Guy last week with the kids and only blocked left and right of us, people were sitting directly behind us for the showing...
Oct 28, 2020
11 posts
4 upvotes
Coolisyu wrote: Just a heads up. But I don't think Cineplex is physical distancing seats properly anymore.

Before it used to be, you book a seat and seats around you are blocked. Now if you book a seat, seats left and right are blocked but seats in front and back are no longer blocked. You will be sitting with people either in front or behind you almost arm's length for the length of the movie.

Just wanted people to know.
Interesting, I watched Shang Chi on Sept 3 and the Cineplex (Oakville) I was at kept every other row empty, so we were distanced Left/Right/Back/Front.
Feb 18, 2018
862 posts
1000 upvotes
Signed up yesterday worked right away for my ticket. there Cineclub page is a bit hidden on your account since you can only find it on the web and not in the app. kind of annoying i don't see how to use a giftcard to pay for the subscription though
p1mp wrote: Just a note that this is not worth it if you're doing IMAX tickets on Tuesdays. You're paying more to see it on a Tuesday if you're using Cineclub.

Join Cineclub (9.99) + Imax upgrade (6.19).

It isn't based on the Tuesday Imax prices which are $13 + tax.
ya the free ticket is not a good idea to be used on a Tuesday ever since its cheaper then the sub for a single ticket and all premium types cost more to use the "free ticket" then just buying it.
Deal Guru
Jun 20, 2020
10315 posts
11924 upvotes
Toronto
Aselwyn1 wrote: Signed up yesterday worked right away for my ticket. there Cineclub page is a bit hidden on your account since you can only find it on the web and not in the app. kind of annoying i don't see how to use a giftcard to pay for the subscription though
Q: I have a Cineplex gift card. Can I use it to pay for my monthly membership?
A: At this time, you are unable to purchase a CineClub membership with gift cards

from CineClub Payments FAQ
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
20222 posts
9633 upvotes
Oakville
Dhanushan wrote: Q: I have a Cineplex gift card. Can I use it to pay for my monthly membership?
A: At this time, you are unable to purchase a CineClub membership with gift cards

from CineClub Payments FAQ
That's a bummer (I've got like $75 worth of gift cards that I won from various contests at work), but I can imagine at least for now they want to keep the payment setup simple. If you wanted to use gift cards, you'd have to set up the system so that it takes a backup payment method, and then checks the gift card first at payment time and then goes back to the CC if it fails. It's not the *most* complicated but if you just want it to work at the start, best to avoid any potential points of failure.
Jul 18, 2015
177 posts
128 upvotes
Mascouche, QC
facebook259 wrote: It doesn't matter if the screens are 3 feet tall or 30 feet tall. Does the screen fill your eyes? Then it is big enough. Big screen just means big neck strain. If you put on you Oculus you can get the same neck strain in the comfort of your own home. And frankly the sould quality of movie theatres is not that great. Even the seats now days. They are designed to look comfortable but they really aren't.

Now about twice a year there probably is a movie best experienced on the big screen. Because you want to be blown away, and you want to hear the cheer of the theatre. But by far going to the movies is a social event, and if they want to attract more movie goers they should think what will attract people who want to do something together to come into our theatre.
Totally agree with you about the sound quality and the seats. Been to the theaters 2 times during the last month and been disappointed both times. If you have a decent sound system/television you are better at home. The social event is also a good point ... going with my girlfriend was a nice moment but if I focus on the movie experience only, we should have stayed home to watch it.
Nov 25, 2015
120 posts
129 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Surcharge on VIP tickets at Markham VIP is cheapest on Mondays and Wednesdays:

Mon, Wed: $4.50
Tues: $6.00
Thurs-Sun: $10.25

VIP tickets at Markham VIP are still cheapest with the usual Tuesday rates at $12.83+tax
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
4463 posts
2513 upvotes
sprung wrote: Cineplex refund process:

*** REFUND PROCEDURE ***

CALL 416-323-6600
WHEN PROMPTED, PRESS 8 (GUEST SERVICES)
SELECT OPTION 5

LOOK AT THE TOP RIGHT OF YOUR TICKET AND GIVE THEM YOUR
"BOOKING ID"

YOUR CREDIT CARD SHOULD BE CREDITED WITHIN 5 BUSINESS DAYS
This is the best way if you ever need to get a refund. Of course, you can always do it in person and deal with guest services at the theatre. BTW, you don't even have to go to the same theatre. They'll process a full refund at any Cineplex as long as you have the booking ID. Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Nov 19, 2005
420 posts
359 upvotes
Toronto
KennyTKO wrote: Surcharge on VIP tickets at Markham VIP is cheapest on Mondays and Wednesdays:

Mon, Wed: $4.50
Tues: $6.00
Thurs-Sun: $10.25

VIP tickets at Markham VIP are still cheapest with the usual Tuesday rates at $12.83+tax
Wow, that's some Uber-level surge pricing there with the weekend prices. After the $10 ticket price (assuming you've used up your free ticket for the month) you're saving what, 4 bucks? That's sad.
Oct 10, 2006
786 posts
1325 upvotes
Ottawa
joshmxpx wrote: Can confirm, went to see Free Guy last week with the kids and only blocked left and right of us, people were sitting directly behind us for the showing...
I think those people did not respect the policy. I am sure the seats in front and behind you were blocked off also.
Feb 18, 2018
862 posts
1000 upvotes
kwokinator wrote: Wow, that's some Uber-level surge pricing there with the weekend prices. After the $10 ticket price (assuming you've used up your free ticket for the month) you're saving what, 4 bucks? That's sad.
All VIP theaters have this Mon, Wed then Thursday Sunday pricing with that usual discount Tuesday
Deal Addict
May 13, 2005
1891 posts
945 upvotes
Toronto
Sweety wrote: I think those people did not respect the policy. I am sure the seats in front and behind you were blocked off also.
That's not true. This is the seating for one show. It blocks off the 2 seats next to your group but nothing in front or back. Pretty silly if you ask me.

Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
2267 posts
2394 upvotes
Toronto
Sweety wrote: I think those people did not respect the policy. I am sure the seats in front and behind you were blocked off also.
Until recently, Cineplex blocked off seats that are left, right, front and back of you. Not anymore though, maybe with the start of Shang-Chi, they now only block the 2 seats to the left and right. Obviously a monteary decision.

It is now up to ticket buyers to regulate themselves and try to social distance from the rows behind and in front. Fortunately, the audience in my theatre was very respectful and most people bought seats in a checkerboard pattern.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
4463 posts
2513 upvotes
^ Correct. This is exactly why I chose to get a refund using the phone number on Post #554.
Apr 4, 2017
222 posts
118 upvotes
THE 6IX
Is this only for standard movies or does it apply to vip?
WE THE NORTH!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)