Expired Hot Deals

Cineplex.com

Cineplex CineClub membership - $9.99/month for 1 movie per month + discounts

Apr 4, 2017
204 posts
116 upvotes
THE 6IX
Is this only for standard movies or does it apply to vip?
WE THE NORTH!
Deal Fanatic
Jun 20, 2020
9868 posts
11238 upvotes
Toronto
ChrizArtz wrote: Is this only for standard movies or does it apply to vip?
Each month (Membership Period) you get one (1) general admission movie ticket (the “Monthly Member Ticket”)

from CineClub FAQ

Q: What if I want to see a movie in 3D, 4DX, UltraAVX, IMAX, DBOX, VIP, ScreenX?
A: An additional fee that is no more than the difference between the general admission ticket price and the cost of the premium experience based on the same date, approximate time and theatre, will be applied when redeeming CineClub Member Tickets or purchasing CineClub-priced movie tickets for premium experiences (e.g., 3D, 4DX, UltraAVX, IMAX, DBOX, VIP, ScreenX)
Deal Addict
May 20, 2002
2049 posts
33 upvotes
This has been the case in all three IMAX movies we have watched. One group tried to cheat and sit behind us, but the employee did his job and asked them to move to their assigned seats. Every other row and side seats do not even show up when choosing available seats online.

Watching the movie we want to watch on a Tuesday is better value than joining CineClub to pay more every single month, even when there are no great movies until November.
Sweety wrote: I think those people did not respect the policy. I am sure the seats in front and behind you were blocked off also.
Oct 10, 2006
780 posts
1319 upvotes
Ottawa
eBuddy wrote: This has been the case in all three IMAX movies we have watched. One group tried to cheat and sit behind us, but the employee did his job and asked them to move to their assigned seats. Every other row and side seats do not even show up when choosing available seats online.

Watching the movie we want to watch on a Tuesday is better value than joining CineClub to pay more every single month, even when there are no great movies until November.
Eternal will be on in November. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Tightly-closed Eyes
Feb 18, 2018
832 posts
985 upvotes
eBuddy wrote: This has been the case in all three IMAX movies we have watched. One group tried to cheat and sit behind us, but the employee did his job and asked them to move to their assigned seats. Every other row and side seats do not even show up when choosing available seats online.

Dune, new James Bond both arrive in October and should be both worth seeing imo
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2008
2740 posts
14999 upvotes
Mississauga
Mr_Fanta wrote: This is the best way if you ever need to get a refund. Of course, you can always do it in person and deal with guest services at the theatre. BTW, you don't even have to go to the same theatre. They'll process a full refund at any Cineplex as long as you have the booking ID. Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Only caveat is, if you bought your tickets (even in part) with a gift card, they can't process your refund over the phone. At least that's what I was told a couple of weeks ago, when I wanted to change my show time. At first she offered to refund my ticket so I could repurchase, but when I explained I had partially paid with the leftover balance on a gift card, she said I would have to go to the theatre to do it.

Also wish I had seen that direct number sooner (assuming it's any faster). I tried calling the main 1-800 number a few times, and the automated message gave me a wait time of one to two hours each time! Finally stuck it out on hold, and was eventually given a callback option. Even then, it took hours to hear back.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2008
2740 posts
14999 upvotes
Mississauga
silverele wrote: Until recently, Cineplex blocked off seats that are left, right, front and back of you. Not anymore though, maybe with the start of Shang-Chi, they now only block the 2 seats to the left and right. Obviously a monteary decision.

It is now up to ticket buyers to regulate themselves and try to social distance from the rows behind and in front. Fortunately, the audience in my theatre was very respectful and most people bought seats in a checkerboard pattern.
You'd think they could have at least waited until the vaccine passport was in, if this change was in Ontario only.

After a nice, first return to cinema last month (when they still had the four-way seating buffer), my opinion took a bit of a 180 last week. I only discovered after booking Shang-Chi online that distancing was down to two seats on either side. When I saw someone had booked the seat directly in front of me (despite the auditorium being almost empty at the time), I changed screenings. Picked the same spot, last-row centre, only for it to backfire worse -- flanked on three sides, including four popcorn munching, maskless adults in front this time. :razz: I wouldn't have even liked that before Covid! Not sure I'll be in any rush to go back now.
Jul 29, 2016
239 posts
80 upvotes
So if I've read this correctly, if I'm watching a movie in VIP on a Tuesday this isn't worth it as the additional charge will be more than the usual Tuesday cost?
Nov 19, 2005
405 posts
324 upvotes
Toronto
imawnms wrote: So if I've read this correctly, if I'm watching a movie in VIP on a Tuesday this isn't worth it as the additional charge will be more than the usual Tuesday cost?
If you can go on Tuesday then that's a better deal regardless of if you're doing general admissions, AVX or VIP. This is pretty much only a deal if you want to go on other days like weekends.
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2019
1047 posts
1187 upvotes
Aselwyn1 wrote: Dune, new James Bond both arrive in October and should be both worth seeing imo
Venom is being released on Sept 30th. Already reserved my tickets.
😎
Nov 25, 2016
9 posts
1 upvote
So I just enrolled via the site and as expected Cineplex emphasizes that I have 1 Member ticket available. Makes sense. But then it also says I have 1 Cineclub-Priced ticket as well. I'm testing it by buying tickets right now but it looks like I can't buy additional Cineclub-Priced until I'm guessing I redeem the Member ticket?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 20, 2020
9868 posts
11238 upvotes
Toronto
jonhoy wrote: So I just enrolled via the site and as expected Cineplex emphasizes that I have 1 Member ticket available. Makes sense. But then it also says I have 1 Cineclub-Priced ticket as well. I'm testing it by buying tickets right now but it looks like I can't buy additional Cineclub-Priced until I'm guessing I redeem the Member ticket?
You can only purchase one member-priced ticket when you redeem monthly-member ticket(s) on the same transaction.

From the Terms and Conditions

Each Membership Period you will receive:
  • one (1) general admission movie ticket (the “Monthly Member Ticket”); and
  • the ability to purchase up to two (2) additional general admission movie tickets per showtime for only $9.99 each (plus taxes) (“Member-Priced Tickets”).

How to Redeem Ticketing Benefits:
Your redemption options in a single transaction are as follows: :
  • Redeem up to all available Monthly Member Tickets; OR
  • Redeem up to all available Monthly Member Tickets PLUS purchase one Member-Priced Ticket: OR
  • Purchase up to two Member-Priced Tickets.
Nov 25, 2016
9 posts
1 upvote
Dhanushan wrote: You can only purchase one member-priced ticket when you redeem monthly-member ticket(s) on the same transaction.

From the Terms and Conditions

Each Membership Period you will receive:
  • one (1) general admission movie ticket (the “Monthly Member Ticket”); and
  • the ability to purchase up to two (2) additional general admission movie tickets per showtime for only $9.99 each (plus taxes) (“Member-Priced Tickets”).

How to Redeem Ticketing Benefits:
Your redemption options in a single transaction are as follows: :
  • Redeem up to all available Monthly Member Tickets; OR
  • Redeem up to all available Monthly Member Tickets PLUS purchase one Member-Priced Ticket: OR
  • Purchase up to two Member-Priced Tickets.
Right, that makes sense. But take a look at the screenshot. I can't add a second Priced ticket at all right now.
https://imgur.com/a/nBxaJXi - sorry, not really sure how to add images on a forum. I've uploaded to imgur.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
6252 posts
3142 upvotes
Toronto
need2save wrote: Picked the same spot, last-row centre, only for it to backfire worse -- flanked on three sides, including four popcorn munching, maskless adults in front this time. :razz: I wouldn't have even liked that before Covid! Not sure I'll be in any rush to go back now.
From my experience, I wouldn't expect people to keep their masks on once the lights go down. Kind of like in restaurants, no one puts their mask back on while waiting for food.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2002
6447 posts
6029 upvotes
Vancouver
jonhoy wrote: Right, that makes sense. But take a look at the screenshot. I can't add a second Priced ticket at all right now.
https://imgur.com/a/nBxaJXi - sorry, not really sure how to add images on a forum. I've uploaded to imgur.
This is correct.. and has been discussed many many times here. You can only buy 1 member and 1 additional ticket member priced ticket. Once you have redeemed your member ticket, you can buy 2 member priced tickets.

Ron.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2007
1024 posts
292 upvotes
Toronto
need2save wrote: You'd think they could have at least waited until the vaccine passport was in, if this change was in Ontario only.

After a nice, first return to cinema last month (when they still had the four-way seating buffer), my opinion took a bit of a 180 last week. I only discovered after booking Shang-Chi online that distancing was down to two seats on either side. When I saw someone had booked the seat directly in front of me (despite the auditorium being almost empty at the time), I changed screenings. Picked the same spot, last-row centre, only for it to backfire worse -- flanked on three sides, including four popcorn munching, maskless adults in front this time. :razz: I wouldn't have even liked that before Covid! Not sure I'll be in any rush to go back now.
Not going again until passports are in place. Bought ShangChi online and seatings were forced to social distance with seats and rows supposedly left empty. Showed up and people piled in filling both front + back and 1 seat to each of left and right of my group. Could it be people just watching without tickets as it was really lacking on security and nobody was checking tickets.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 20, 2020
9868 posts
11238 upvotes
Toronto
jonhoy wrote: Right, that makes sense. But take a look at the screenshot. I can't add a second Priced ticket at all right now.
Looks like Cineplex is forcing us to add the member ticket.

I have the same issue, cannot buy 2 member-priced tickets if I have a monthly-member ticket ready to redeem.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2005
7126 posts
4910 upvotes
https://www.cineplex.com/Movie/no-time- ... wtimes_ENG

Bond tickets are finally out. Snagged my VIP tix with member pricing, since its still a couple weeks since I got my Shang Chi freebie.

EDIT: For Ontario at least, they're doing a vax mandate starting next week:

As of September 22, 2021, the Government of Ontario requires guests who are 12 years of age and older to be fully vaccinated (two doses, plus 14 days) and to provide their proof of vaccination along with photo ID to access our theatres. We ask guests to please arrive 30 minutes in advance of their showtime and to come ready to present their photo ID and proof of vaccination.
Last edited by Madchester on Sep 17th, 2021 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
May 8, 2002
5468 posts
2095 upvotes
Sweety wrote: I think those people did not respect the policy. I am sure the seats in front and behind you were blocked off also.
Nope. I reloaded the app after I purchased my tickets, and I could clearly book another seat directly in front of or behind my original seat if I wanted too, so they were not blocked
Deal Fanatic
May 8, 2002
5468 posts
2095 upvotes
need2save wrote: You'd think they could have at least waited until the vaccine passport was in, if this change was in Ontario only.

In their defense, it's pretty hard to eat the popcorn through the mask...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)