Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2005
1478 posts
1228 upvotes

[Cineplex.com] Cineplex coupon error *DEAL IS DEAD*

Retailer:
Cineplex.com
More offers from Cineplex.com
For some reason on AVX and 3d when you go to choose your tickets it is as if you entered every single coupon possible and can choose whichever you want. Apparently only works for certain theatres. You willknow it works if it looks like the image below. Nothing special no tickets just select a movie and if it looks like the image you are good to go.

Last edited by slayerwulf on May 16th, 2019 7:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thread Summary
Tips: only works at some theaters (seems to be related to AVX/Dbox). You don't have enter any coupon code or anything, if that theater works you will see a wide selection of discounted tickets to add to your cart beyond the regular priced ones, the farther you scroll down the cheaper. Pick the cheapest applicable to you (IE dont buy child admit one for $2 get the adult version for $3).
193 replies
Feb 20, 2017
129 posts
261 upvotes
Doesn't work for me. Can you post a better screenshot so we can see the actual coupon codes?
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
1955 posts
4197 upvotes
Markham
Worst description for a deal I've seen.

Edit: Going to clarify for the OP. This deal DOES work, but not at every theater. You will need to trial and error. If you don't see the list of coupon on the first screen after choosing your theater and movie, then it's not available at that location. These are the locations I've tried in Ontario:

DOES work at:
Scarborough
Vaughan

DOES NOT seem to work at:
Markham VIP
Richmond Hill Silvercity
Don Mills VIP
Fairview
Empress Walk
Last edited by Dave510 on May 16th, 2019 6:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2005
1478 posts
1228 upvotes
irishpencil wrote: Doesn't work for me. Can you post a better screenshot so we can see the actual coupon codes?
I do not get the actual codes it just appears as though you have entered every possible promo code. Weird it does not work for you, I have booked a few movies and told a buddy and it is the same for him.
May 8, 2019
26 posts
20 upvotes
Haha. It worked! :)
Continuing the long tradition of hoarding for unfathomable reasons through RFD
Apr 7, 2007
655 posts
452 upvotes
Toronto
Yeah its just the upgrades, but if it sends you a full ticket once you check out I guess you'd be good.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2005
1478 posts
1228 upvotes
Dave510 wrote: Worst description for a deal I've seen.
What more do you want. Not a lot to explain it is exactly as described.
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
16174 posts
2526 upvotes
GTA
$3 for me.

i feel bad clicking buy now. the first few weeks, the theatres don't make money on the film, it all goes to the film studios. they only make money on concessions, which is why the food and drinks are so overpriced.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2005
1478 posts
1228 upvotes
H8TR wrote: Yeah its just the upgrades, but if it sends you a full ticket once you check out I guess you'd be good.
No it is as if you entered a free ticket code the "upgrade" fee you are paying is because it is avx or 3d
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2005
1478 posts
1228 upvotes
actng wrote: $3 for me.

i feel bad clicking buy now. the first few weeks, the theatres don't make money on the film, it all goes to the film studios. they only make money on concessions, which is why the food and drinks are so overpriced.
This is precisely why I do not feel bad at all. Studio takes 95% of ticket price. so if price is $3.... Cineplex will make money from me on concessions.
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2009
1744 posts
379 upvotes
Toronto
waven101 wrote: wait wich one you got to select
Probably anything not child lol, or the most generic one like the admit one
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2016
2980 posts
3331 upvotes
shows I got the email with the tickets seat for 2.00 a seat.
chances are they will cancel them no way they would honor this deal.
Last edited by Guest45693838 on May 16th, 2019 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 6, 2011
549 posts
241 upvotes
Calgary
Bought 2 IMAX tickets for Avengers for $8 total, this is awesome!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2008
9393 posts
2141 upvotes
Toronto
Does it send you full ticket after checkout?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2005
1478 posts
1228 upvotes
ps3playa wrote: Bought 2 IMAX tickets for Avengers for $8 total, this is awesome!
Id take an upvote :) not sure why I am in the negative. This seems hot to me.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2009
1762 posts
1184 upvotes
Ottawa
waven101 wrote: shows I got the email with the tickets seat for 2.00 a seat.
chances are they will cancel them no way they would honor this deal.
How do you get this to work? I can’t get any movie for cheap
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2005
1478 posts
1228 upvotes
chinesedevil wrote: Does it send you full ticket after checkout?
What is this full ticket thing? You ever gotten half a ticket? You are definitely buying full tickets the fee is the upgrade fee from the "coupon" you used.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2008
9393 posts
2141 upvotes
Toronto
slayerwulf wrote: What is this full ticket thing? You ever gotten half a ticket? You are definitely buying full tickets the fee is the upgrade fee from the "coupon" you used.
Haha I mean does it send you the barcode for the seat.