Cineplex

Half Price Scene Points Redemption March 25-30

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 11th, 2022 11:19 am
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
1124 posts
1606 upvotes
rfdnewbie6910 wrote: i really really really hope not. i mean i dont personally care too much about the imax, but just the theatre, and the whole area in general, its super convenient for living, so many stores, you dont gotta go anywhere else. costco, home sense, petsmart, movies, restaurants, chinese super market, dollarama, then nearby theres lcbo, best buy, canadian tire, home depot, lowes, walmart, ikea, all the banks except TD. literally ALL you ever need!
it's right by the highway, so way too valuable land for residential / condo development
:(
and these shops / plazas are geared towards customers with cars, so they know we'll just drive to the new location. blargh!

i remember a few years ago someone i worked with bought a condo in north york because going more north to vaughan was actually more expensive!
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
1124 posts
1606 upvotes
agoofykindasuperman wrote: AND, they've been planning to demolish the Scotiabank IMAX theatre in downtown Toronto too! Pretty soon only going to be left with Cinesphere and Mississauga for a real IMAX experience. (Not counting the Dome theatre Omnimax at Ontario Science Centre)
that's a shame. i love that theatre too, so many memories in that area. saw Gravity in IMAX 3D twice on opening weekend (yup, had to go again cos it was so damn good even though i hate 3D)

i guess i'll just have to buy that 77" LG someday...when i have a wall big enough to put it lol
Dec 17, 2013
393 posts
672 upvotes
British Columbia
jcamldn wrote: saw 2 movies already with this promo. thinking about going one more time tonight to see X...
Go in with no intentions of taking it seriously. Just go for the ride
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2019
1649 posts
2071 upvotes
gotglint wrote: it's right by the highway, so way too valuable land for residential / condo development
:(
and these shops / plazas are geared towards customers with cars, so they know we'll just drive to the new location. blargh!

i remember a few years ago someone i worked with bought a condo in north york because going more north to vaughan was actually more expensive!
ya, theres already so many condos by jane and hwy 7, and some north of weston and hwy 7, we dont need that whole area to turn into residential. hopefully when the time comes, we can do a petition of what sort and let them keep it. i mean if they really wanted it to make it the downtown vaughan, look at yonge dundas, they have a theatre right in the middle, and a huge shopping mall, plenty of stores
Feb 18, 2018
927 posts
1074 upvotes
agoofykindasuperman wrote: AND, they've been planning to demolish the Scotiabank IMAX theatre in downtown Toronto too! Pretty soon only going to be left with Cinesphere and Mississauga for a real IMAX experience. (Not counting the Dome theatre Omnimax at Ontario Science Centre)
Both Vaughn and Scotiabank redevelopment plans do have a theatre in there plans so there should be some kind of replacement at the same location. probably both smaller locations in some form and probably minimal parking that's possibly paid underground in Vaughn
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2019
1649 posts
2071 upvotes
Aselwyn1 wrote: Both Vaughn and Scotiabank redevelopment plans do have a theatre in there plans so there should be some kind of replacement at the same location. probably both smaller locations in some form and probably minimal parking that's possibly paid underground in Vaughn
hm...if thats the case, i guess i can understand it, there is a lot of unused space, for example that huge area in front of the theatre, thats not necessary at all lol. and half of its parking lot dont get used most of the time, so it can stand to get down sized, i can get on board with that, but i would hate for it to become the next scotiabank theatre.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2019
1649 posts
2071 upvotes
gotglint wrote: unfortunately, i think those in charge of such decisions are just looking at the property taxes they'll get to collect
if they remove the costco and theatre without replacing them somewhere nearby, i think a lot of people would look to move out
Deal Guru
Jun 20, 2020
12618 posts
15438 upvotes
Toronto
rfdnewbie6910 wrote: isnt batman coming to canadian netflix 45 days after release?
Adityas wrote: I thought its coming to HBOMax on April 20th
Dhanushan wrote:
HBO Max is not available in Canada
Crave has a deal with Warner Bros to stream their movies

Tuesday, April 19 on HBO Max according to Deadline

Get HBO Max Subscription (CANADIAN GUIDE)
April 18th on Crave

Destiny is all
Aug 5, 2019
149 posts
331 upvotes
Dhanushan wrote: April 18th on Crave

Haven't watched it yet but I will watch it on crave now. Thanks for letting me know.Smiling Face With Smiling Eyes

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)