Hot Deals

[Cineplex] Half the scene points including UltraAVX, VIP, IMAX, DBOX, 4DX and ScreenX!* (September 16 – 22)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 21st, 2020 9:40 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
8820 posts
52196 upvotes
Ontario

[Cineplex] Half the scene points including UltraAVX, VIP, IMAX, DBOX, 4DX and ScreenX!* (September 16 – 22)

From September 16 – 22, get any movie ticket for half the SCENE points, including movies in UltraAVX, VIP, IMAX, DBOX, 4DX and ScreenX!*

YOU CAN FINALLY WATCH MULAN!!!!
Costco Aug 3 - 30 / HOT! Costco Tommy 3 in 1 Jacket
PCinsider > PC Optimum Insider = New program IS VERY BAD!! Do not renew the program. As of Oct 8, it will automatically switch to the "WORST PROGRAM" of the year.
54 replies
May 18, 2007
723 posts
1163 upvotes
Toronto
Me thinks the movie industry really needs to step up if they want people to fill theater seats.... I'm talking they better start giving away free food for coming out!

E.g. at least free popcorn and pop... it costs next to nothing and might just help save the theater business.

(And even with free food it's a hard sell to get me into a theater!)
Dec 17, 2010
82 posts
35 upvotes
Ottawa
You cannot watch Mulan in theatres (it's only on Disney+), and the new releases are not that impressive (I liked when Cineplex had many encores). Still, a deal is a deal.
Dec 30, 2010
288 posts
107 upvotes
good deal, stacks with the 2 for 1 virgin mobile offer, but i'm not going to theater anytime soon...
Aug 17, 2008
822 posts
635 upvotes
Toronto
shiqiliu10 wrote: good deal, stacks with the 2 for 1 virgin mobile offer, but i'm not going to theater anytime soon...
yup! not in the gta thats for sure!

I drove down to Oakville for Tenet this past weekend, and there were 4 people in the theatre.
The Golden Rule: those who have the gold, make the rules
Mar 23, 2017
454 posts
818 upvotes
Toronto
Come for the discount, stay for the covid. It's the deal that keeps on giving
Apr 16, 2019
370 posts
300 upvotes
1. Thanks OP, I just noticed their email sent this afternoon. I get so many email offers, these days Person With Folded Hands

2. Is there anyway to collect cineplex points cost-effectively to use for this promo? Cineplex used to have buy a meal for like $20 and get a thousand pts, a while ago...

3. Wonder Woman 1984 has been pushed back again to Dec 2020 :(

Movie Business is trouble: “#Movie theaters need three things to sustain themselves,” says #Sodano. “They need #profits, they need #people and they need #product. Well, this #pandemic has affected all three.” from:
https://variety.com/2020/film/news/tene ... 234771424/
Images
  • Screenshot_20200916_180746_com.google.android.gm.jpg
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2016
1017 posts
2227 upvotes
That's gonna be a no from me dog
$28 Phone Plan:
  • Unlimited Talk / Text / Data (25gb LTE)
  • Unlimited Roaming in US / Canada / Mexico
  • eSIM capable
Deal Fanatic
Jan 4, 2011
5149 posts
1832 upvotes
Would be hot if there was movies to watch. Which is not the case...

Whats next 50% off to an empty zoo ?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 4, 2011
5149 posts
1832 upvotes
Reyhan786 wrote: Is TeNeT in theaters too ?
Yes. Good luck trying to understand the actors mumbles and muffled dialogues.

I've seen it. Audio is impossible to make out.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
8820 posts
52196 upvotes
Ontario
canada_dry wrote: Me thinks the movie industry really needs to step up if they want people to fill theater seats.... I'm talking they better start giving away free food for coming out!

E.g. at least free popcorn and pop... it costs next to nothing and might just help save the theater business.

true. Fountain drinks for small restaurant = $0.10 for a Large cup.
Cineplex obviously paying less than that per cup.
Costco Aug 3 - 30 / HOT! Costco Tommy 3 in 1 Jacket
PCinsider > PC Optimum Insider = New program IS VERY BAD!! Do not renew the program. As of Oct 8, it will automatically switch to the "WORST PROGRAM" of the year.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2003
1153 posts
14 upvotes
Vancouver
Awesome, too bad I already watched TENET and there's nothing else I want to watch at the moment.
Deal Addict
May 13, 2005
1563 posts
407 upvotes
Toronto
canada_dry wrote: Me thinks the movie industry really needs to step up if they want people to fill theater seats.... I'm talking they better start giving away free food for coming out!

I would actually discourage this, since it would encourage people to take off their masks during a showing.

I went to the theatres and it was a great experience. Staff made customers use hand sanitizer prior to entry, and you can only use the self-serve kiosk or purchase tickets ahead of time. Seating is reserved for all showings. About 9 people were in my theatre, and it was about 4-5 seats away from other groups, every other row. Everyone I noticed kept their masks on throughout the showing. I definitely felt the ventilation flowing through the theatre.

I feel with theatres having such a stigma, that they stepped up their COVID practices to compensate. I personally felt safer going to the theatres than going to a patio bar and I have no issues going to another showing. If you're going to argue that theatres are riskier than other activities, at least look into the steps they're taking to prevent COVID. They're not cramming people into them like it used to be.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
1071 posts
324 upvotes
YYC
Just make sure you sit in the back row so you're not getting breathed on since everyone is facing the screen. Then you should be OK.