Hot Deals

[Cineplex] Half the scene points including UltraAVX, VIP, IMAX, DBOX, 4DX and ScreenX!* (September 16 – 22)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 21st, 2020 9:40 am
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
4346 posts
175 upvotes
Went to watch Tenet last weekend. Bad news, the movie lost me in an hour. Good news, the entire theatre was empty so I had true VIP experience trying different seat all over the cinema for 2.5 hour.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2003
5563 posts
1131 upvotes
Toronto
shiqiliu10 wrote: good deal, stacks with the 2 for 1 virgin mobile offer, but i'm not going to theater anytime soon...
Can't combine Virgin code with this special half off scene point promo
Jul 5, 2020
9 posts
7 upvotes
I have been winning all the timeplay games at Cineplex lately since most of the time I'm the only one there. Thanks OP, time for another go.
Aug 17, 2008
822 posts
635 upvotes
Toronto
Coz4k wrote: Yes. Good luck trying to understand the actors mumbles and muffled dialogues.

I've seen it. Audio is impossible to make out.
SPOILER*
They're speaking backwards, right?
Might use this offer to watch it again, somewhere far from the gta like Burlington.....
The Golden Rule: those who have the gold, make the rules
Deal Addict
May 6, 2012
3328 posts
1000 upvotes
pererac wrote: SPOILER*
They're speaking backwards, right?
Might use this offer to watch it again, somewhere far from the gta like Burlington.....
No they're not... this is just standard Nolan with his past 5 movies, I don't know why he keeps doing this.

I love Nolan but my God it's irritating. And Tenet is so plot, exposition heavy that it seriously hinders the movie.

I remember not understanding the ending of Interstellar at all until I watched it at home which has a better audio mix for some reason, then it made sense and everything clicked and it's my favourite movie by him now.
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2008
4310 posts
1830 upvotes
Hollywood can go die as far as I'm concerned
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2010
9148 posts
1337 upvotes
Not good deal. Go to theatre. Pay 15 bucks for ticket, 30 for 2. And popcorn and food for another 20 or 25. Get Covid19 for free.
Dec 28, 2006
838 posts
327 upvotes
Why are many people saying theatres automatically have covid? Im not disputing you but what is the basis of your claim? Is it just because its an enclosed space?
Many people are also putting their kids back in school which are proving with real basis to have covid cases, or going to grocery stores (necessary, I know, but still a huge risk regardless), or eating out regularly.

Again, not protecting theatres, but I havent heard one solid argument here of why theatres are so much riskier. I was at the markham cineplex recently just to buy popcorn, it was a friday evening....and there was literally nobody there. Not a single other patron.
Jul 24, 2019
532 posts
652 upvotes
Canada
swaghunter wrote: Why are many people saying theatres automatically have covid? Im not disputing you but what is the basis of your claim? Is it just because its an enclosed space?
Many people are also putting their kids back in school which are proving with real basis to have covid cases, or going to grocery stores (necessary, I know, but still a huge risk regardless), or eating out regularly.

Again, not protecting theatres, but I havent heard one solid argument here of why theatres are so much riskier. I was at the markham cineplex recently just to buy popcorn, it was a friday evening....and there was literally nobody there. Not a single other patron.
Yes. An enclosed space. Plus eating and drinking taking the mask off.
School. Yes. It's the season for COVID. Plus rhinovirus. Plus enteric viruses. Same as last September when we had the other coronavirus and rhinovirus and stomach bugs and flu.
Grocery store. Yes. Some employees and customers were affected. But you can choose to go when it is not busy. Or pick up.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2007
1095 posts
345 upvotes
SamG852 wrote: Come for the discount, stay for the covid. It's the deal that keeps on giving
i dont see how you would be more susceptible vs doing everyday tasks like grocery shopping. i think that would be way worse.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2007
1095 posts
345 upvotes
kimmelite wrote: Yes. An enclosed space. Plus eating and drinking taking the mask off.
School. Yes. It's the season for COVID. Plus rhinovirus. Plus enteric viruses. Same as last September when we had the other coronavirus and rhinovirus and stomach bugs and flu.
Grocery store. Yes. Some employees and customers were affected. But you can choose to go when it is not busy. Or pick up.
you can choose when to go to theatres too. and by all accounts, they are literally empty. it may end up being more safe then a lot of public places right now.
Dec 28, 2006
838 posts
327 upvotes
rage2021 wrote: you can choose when to go to theatres too. and by all accounts, they are literally empty. it may end up being more safe then a lot of public places right now.
From my experience, I agree too. There is hardly anybody there on most occasions. I think people are coming up with their own conclusions about theatres being covid-havens based on health advice (which again is not a bad thing), rather than real-world experience.

So from what I witnessed, I would easily watch a movie in an empty theatre rather than go to many stores, or the mall, or inside a gas station, or restaurant even for just takeout, etc.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2004
1679 posts
1116 upvotes
canada_dry wrote: Me thinks the movie industry really needs to step up if they want people to fill theater seats.... I'm talking they better start giving away free food for coming out!

E.g. at least free popcorn and pop... it costs next to nothing and might just help save the theater business.

(And even with free food it's a hard sell to get me into a theater!)
Amazing idea, let’s hope they see this post.