Expired Hot Deals

Cineplex

Half the scene points including UltraAVX, VIP, IMAX, DBOX, 4DX and ScreenX!* (September 16 – 30)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 30th, 2020 8:16 pm
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
7867 posts
8032 upvotes
sprung wrote: Ends tomorrow
Until they extend it again because nobody bit the second time around...
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2009
3414 posts
3341 upvotes
Whitby
Not for free. No thanks. Face With Medical Mask
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2014
1012 posts
654 upvotes
Toronto
Yes everyone keep being scared to go.
I can keep having a whole theatre for my family.
It’s like I booked the whole theatre.

You guys keep going out to eat at restaurants and leave the theatre alone.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2008
1449 posts
1486 upvotes
Airdrie
I've been enjoying the empty theaters, thanks OP.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
7867 posts
8032 upvotes
mcwilly wrote: I've been enjoying the empty theaters, thanks OP.
Honest question: what have you been watching?

I admit, watching a movie in a theatre just isn't something I'm interested in anymore, but even if I were, there isn't really anything to watch.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2008
1449 posts
1486 upvotes
Airdrie
repatch wrote: Honest question: what have you been watching?

I admit, watching a movie in a theatre just isn't something I'm interested in anymore, but even if I were, there isn't really anything to watch.
So far we saw Unhinged, Tenet, and Akira (1988).

The new movies are not great.

Akira is one of my favorite movies (1988 cult classic jap anime) it was great to see on the big screen. Only the Scotiabank ciniplexes are offering that title.

Movie nights were always a big thing with the wife and I, kind of nice to have them back regardless of the titles. We had over 240,000 scene points racked up during covid.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
6510 posts
3537 upvotes
Toronto
mcwilly wrote: I've been enjoying the empty theaters, thanks OP.
I'm almost tempted to go just because of this. I never liked going to theatres much just because of other patrons.
Nov 29, 2016
46 posts
11 upvotes
BrightDays wrote: Well, I took the plunge and saw Tenet at the Cineplex at Winston Churchill (Oakville) in IMAX. I had a couple of thousand scene reward points saved, plus it was a 50% off for the scene points. So the movie was free for me.
Firstly, I saw it in the afternoon on a Sunday, so barely 8-10 people in a hall with a seating capacity of maybe 3-400 (?). Everything seemed clean, but still I used disinfectant for my hands. I felt more safe then visiting a grocery store or a local Tim-Hortons at that time. I wore a mask on all the time.
Tenet was a bit difficult to understand in the beginning. A bit confusing, but I got the main gist of it. Some plot twists (or sub-plots) will try to understand later. It was definitely an interesting concept. Not the best of Nolan's work, but def a good watch. I would def recommend a first (or second for me) watch with subtitles. Sound quality was okay/decent but not the best for dialogues. Had to concentrate at times, trying to make out what they were saying.
Before the movie started saw Top Gun trailer(reboot of Tom Cruise, dunno when this dude will retire). Well the bell and whistles of IMAX are probably going to be good for that movie. I know the Oakville IMAX is not a true IMAX, but the larger screen and good surround sound was still an experience.
PS: For those for whom safety is paramount, they can def watch movies at home, what with all the options available in streaming and most people with decent TVs/surround sound systems at home. Safety is important, so its your own call. I was just tired being stuck at home, so took a bit of risk by venturing out. Considering the theater was largely empty, and clean (I didn't use toilets or anything ;) ... So hopefully no harm done !
How can you tell which theatres have true IMAX?
Deal Addict
May 13, 2005
1998 posts
1165 upvotes
Toronto
GabrielS94 wrote: How can you tell which theatres have true IMAX?
https://lfexaminer.com/theaters/

1570 and DL are real IMAX.

From my experience, Liemax screens are roughly half the size of a real IMAX screen. Liemax are slightly larger than a regular screening.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
2322 posts
5130 upvotes
Markham
So empty in theaters you can find the acoustically optimal seat:

Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2011
10588 posts
19800 upvotes
Really bad timing since Quebec goes into shutdown mode again starting at Midnight tonight, and no cinemas will be open for the next 28 days at a minimum!

Ontario may not be far behind on the new set of protocols due to the second wave as well, so I would be surprised if cinemas remain open much longer.
Feb 18, 2018
927 posts
1074 upvotes
DarkReaper wrote: https://lfexaminer.com/theaters/

1570 and DL are real IMAX.

From my experience, Liemax screens are roughly half the size of a real IMAX screen. Liemax are slightly larger than a regular screening.
yeah cineplex and landmark have such a mess of cinema setups its insane and that's before we even start with imax. really wish they would consolidate there setups so its more simple and across locations

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)