Expired Hot Deals

Cineplex

Nationwide - $6.99 classic films at Cineplex. Next one Dec 20

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 8th, 2021 7:02 am
[OP]
Deal Expert
User avatar
Apr 16, 2002
24383 posts
33394 upvotes
Toronto

[Cineplex] Nationwide - $6.99 classic films at Cineplex. Next one Dec 20

https://www.cineplex.com/Events/Classic ... =129588201

$6.99 reserved seating

Dec 20 is National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation and It's A Wonderful Life
Last edited by sprung on Dec 20th, 2021 6:52 am, edited 76 times in total.
I'm serious as cancer when I say rhythm is a dancer.
39 replies
Newbie
Dec 20, 2018
67 posts
62 upvotes
Seems like a cool idea. Shame all the theaters i see in the gta only have a 12:30pm showtime on a Wednesday lol
Deal Guru
User avatar
Apr 10, 2011
10304 posts
19111 upvotes
Montreal
2 films to choose from?

That's it?
[OP]
Deal Expert
User avatar
Apr 16, 2002
24383 posts
33394 upvotes
Toronto
Temporel wrote: 2 films to choose from?

That's it?
They have classic $6.99 films throughout the year. Just keep watching the site as they get added each month
I'm serious as cancer when I say rhythm is a dancer.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2017
1934 posts
2439 upvotes
These were like $2/3 last summer I think. Prices seem steep and they should have a much bigger selection tbh.
Administrator
User avatar
Jun 17, 2013
16835 posts
32855 upvotes
Scarborough
Darkchaosds wrote: Seems like a cool idea. Shame all the theaters i see in the gta only have a 12:30pm showtime on a Wednesday lol
Would've loved to take my kid who just got into Harry Potter but the theatre closest to me is pretty much sold out. Surprising for a Wednesday afternoon.
RFD Staff - Have a question? Send me a PM
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]
Jr. Member
Jan 27, 2021
175 posts
74 upvotes
these used to be 2.99 every sat morning. usualy had older/classics/retro movies playing.
Administrator
User avatar
Jun 17, 2013
16835 posts
32855 upvotes
Scarborough
Dhanushan wrote: Due to physical distancing, capacity is limited somewhere between 20 and 33 per cent per screen
I get that, but pretty much every other film around the same time has 0 seats sold. Guess people must really want to see Harry Potter.
RFD Staff - Have a question? Send me a PM
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 7, 2017
1050 posts
1823 upvotes
RIP my theatre. I thought Nationwide in the title meant all Cineplexes. It just means a select few in the big cities I suppose.
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2010
1036 posts
1816 upvotes
richmond hill
Isn’t rfd all about finding deals. How is paying for a movie in 2021 a deal..? Sorry I’m just confused when these movie posts come up
[OP]
Deal Expert
User avatar
Apr 16, 2002
24383 posts
33394 upvotes
Toronto
louis77 wrote: Isn’t rfd all about finding deals. How is paying for a movie in 2021 a deal..? Sorry I’m just confused when these movie posts come up
At my local Cineplex a new movie in normal seating is $13.25

$6.99 for a classic movie is a considerable savings for big screen experience. Remember too, newer isn't always better. Some classic movies are still very highly regarded.
I'm serious as cancer when I say rhythm is a dancer.
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2010
1036 posts
1816 upvotes
richmond hill
sprung wrote: At my local Cineplex a new movie in normal seating is $13.25

$6.99 for a classic movie is a considerable savings for big screen experience. Remember too, newer isn't always better. Some classic movies are still very highly regarded.
I know that. I guess if you are going for the big screen experience but i personally would rather watch a classic for free on my own tv order a nice pizza and wings with that money lol
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 15, 2010
1685 posts
747 upvotes
London
Citizen Kane is probably the new 4K transfer that Criterion is releasing.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Apr 10, 2011
10304 posts
19111 upvotes
Montreal
So few titles and over such a long time, could someone remember to post here to make others aware when new classic films get added?

I don't like Harry Potter and I watched Citizen Kane once but found it so boring that I don't remember anything about it.

Thanks in advance.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jun 1, 2006
7522 posts
7837 upvotes
Toronto
louis77 wrote: I know that. I guess if you are going for the big screen experience but i personally would rather watch a classic for free on my own tv order a nice pizza and wings with that money lol
Isn’t rfd all about finding deals. How is paying for pizza and wings in 2021 a deal..? Sorry I’m just confused when these type of posts come up

You can raise your own chicken and prepare your own wings, plus prepare your own pizza dough and cook the pizza yourself
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2010
1036 posts
1816 upvotes
richmond hill
roblombardi wrote: Isn’t rfd all about finding deals. How is paying for pizza and wings in 2021 a deal..? Sorry I’m just confused when these type of posts come up

You can raise your own chicken and prepare your own wings, plus prepare your own pizza dough and cook the pizza yourself
Food is a necessity Winking Face
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jun 1, 2006
7522 posts
7837 upvotes
Toronto
louis77 wrote: Food is a necessity Winking Face
... and can also be prepared at home at a lower cost ;)

But seriously... I don't understand a comment like yours, about a movie being screened at half price, saying that it's not a deal because you can see it for free at your home; it's not the same thing... and will never be the same thing.
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2010
1036 posts
1816 upvotes
richmond hill
roblombardi wrote: ... and can also be prepared at home at a lower cost ;)

But seriously... I don't understand a comment like yours, about a movie being screened at half price, saying that it's not a deal because you can see it for free at your home; it's not the same thing... and will never be the same thing.
It is a deal if you are taking about a savings. But like others have said they have been cheaper it’s not quite the hottest deal. It’s not like it’s a 3D or a dbox experience. I’ve seen them in theatres before and they weren’t worth spending money for but everyone swings different ways

Top