• Aug 30th, 2019 9:24 am
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
18401 posts
17181 upvotes
Toronto

[Cineplex] Nationwide - Aug 26 only. $9.99 Pulp Fiction @ Cineplex VIP seating

Last edited by sprung on Aug 21st, 2019 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Not only did we embarrass Marky Mark, we let down the Funky Bunch.
51 replies
Jan 1, 2013
386 posts
218 upvotes
POINTE-CLAIRE
Didn't this deal expire? Like in 1994?
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
18401 posts
17181 upvotes
Toronto
jetcap wrote:
Aug 15th, 2019 9:55 am
Didn't this deal expire? Like in 1994?
Good movies don't go out of style
Not only did we embarrass Marky Mark, we let down the Funky Bunch.
Dec 21, 2011
85 posts
84 upvotes
Kelowna, British Col…
Not sure why this was posted. The first rule of fight club is that you can not talk about fight club!!!! LOL
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
11966 posts
22120 upvotes
Scarborough
sprung wrote:
Aug 15th, 2019 9:57 am
Good movies don't go out of style
There are plenty of old films I'd happily pay $10 to see again on the big screen and in VIP seats.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2001
4196 posts
184 upvotes
Calgary
I saw Reservoir Dogs for the first time the other day. It was interesting feeling the connections of tone between the 2 movies.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
13783 posts
4023 upvotes
Montreal
Every time I watch Pulp Fiction, its greatness truly stands out above anything I've seen in a theater in a decade or more.

Unfortunately this type of well-written, intelligent film doesn't sell with subtitles in Cambodia, so we're left with CGI superheroes pummeling other CGI supervillains while chewing on stale, overpriced popcorn covered in recycled motor oil.
Official Response from Dollarama Management:

Dollarama has a no exchange/no refund policy, and as a result, all sales are final. This information can be found on the screen of each check-out/point-of-sale in our stores as well as on each receipt.
Nov 16, 2013
201 posts
306 upvotes
New Brunswick
JackWhyte wrote:
Aug 15th, 2019 10:42 am
Every time I watch Pulp Fiction, its greatness truly stands out above anything I've seen in a theater in a decade or more.

Unfortunately this type of well-written, intelligent film doesn't sell with subtitles in Cambodia, so we're left with CGI superheroes pummeling other CGI supervillains while chewing on stale, overpriced popcorn covered in recycled motor oil.
Almost as if people have different tastes? Thinking Face
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2007
1566 posts
733 upvotes
Markham
I love to watch these kind of good movies again in Theater than new movies.
How can I monitor for new options like this from Cineplex website?

Thanks OP for this deal.
-------
Thank you
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
13783 posts
4023 upvotes
Montreal
EverJay wrote:
Aug 15th, 2019 10:44 am
Almost as if people have different tastes? Thinking Face
No, it's the global marketplace, where the less dialogue the better, and the more mindless the CGI action, the more it plays in the sticks. People hate a screen filled with subtitles and dubbing is both expensive and time-consuming.

This is hardly news, and it's the main reason why we don't see big rom-coms, or comedies in general, very much, as they do NOT travel (too much dialogue and these usually have no action). Mindless superhero smash-fests fill the seats in population overload regions like Asia and India because the dialogue is mostly action tropes like "get them", "hurry up" and "let's go". And since there is no real character development and only a paper-thin plot, you can glean the entire movie with the voices off.
Official Response from Dollarama Management:

Dollarama has a no exchange/no refund policy, and as a result, all sales are final. This information can be found on the screen of each check-out/point-of-sale in our stores as well as on each receipt.
Aug 17, 2012
177 posts
154 upvotes
Victoria
It's showing "across Canada" but only at 17 theatres. 3 Cineplex theatres in Victoria but it's not showing at any of them Face With Tears Of Joy
Aug 20, 2009
252 posts
253 upvotes
JackWhyte wrote:
Aug 15th, 2019 10:54 am

This is hardly news, and it's the main reason why we don't see big rom-coms, or comedies in general, very much, as they do NOT travel (too much dialogue and these usually have no action). Mindless superhero smash-fests fill the seats in population overload regions like Asia and India because the dialogue is mostly action tropes like "get them", "hurry up" and "let's go". And since there is no real character development and only a paper-thin plot, you can glean the entire movie with the voices off.
Most of the largest grossing films in China and India are comedies and drama films. Some comedy films even outsold the Avengers movies domestically. Your description fits North America more.
Last edited by piercezoner on Aug 15th, 2019 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.