• Aug 30th, 2019 9:24 am
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
13898 posts
4102 upvotes
Montreal
thesearchfordean wrote:
Aug 25th, 2019 2:44 pm
Lol apparently tastes and preferences now qualify as logic, and one bitter man's opinions as facts
TOP ALL-TIME NORTH AMERICAN GROSSING MOVIES in China:

Avengers: Endgame
The Fate of the Furious
Furious 7
Avengers: Infinity War
Aquaman
Transformers: Age of Extinction
Venom
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
Transformers: The Last Knight

BAM!

Official Response from Dollarama Management:

Dollarama has a no exchange/no refund policy, and as a result, all sales are final. This information can be found on the screen of each check-out/point-of-sale in our stores as well as on each receipt.
Aug 20, 2009
254 posts
255 upvotes
Sorry JackWhyte but your thesis just doesn't stick. The only thing you've proven so far is Hollywood blockbuster films are successful in China. A fact that can be said for pretty much every single part of the world.

You argue that simplified plot-lines and dialogue are now common in North American films in order to cater an international audience while still ignoring the fact these very same movies are the all-time highest grossing domestically. Made up facts about Asians hating subtitles aren't convincing.

There are few things you can actually point to the rise of CGI action films:

- Mega corporations such as Disney having the resources now to release a blockbuster film every fiscal quarter
- Advancements in digital cinematography causing traditional film making to be less popular
- Theatres up-selling enhanced experiences such as D-Box, 3D, UltraAVX for more profit
- The digital age of streaming forcing studios to create big visuals to get people to the box office.
- Rise in franchise/brand films due to their potential for multiple installments and merchandising.

The dumbing down of movies to appeal to wider audiences has existed since film making was a business. The fact is people want to see big spectacle regardless of what language or the part of the world you're in. It's more prevalent now because its more affordable and film special effects from 20 years ago can be seen on network television.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2017
7927 posts
1838 upvotes
Scarberia
my fave all time movie. althou Qtarantino is way pass his prime now.... that new movie. with pitt, leo and margo was a big letdown i read

btw what the hell was in that suitcase? did they ever reveal it? they gotta make a true sequel.not that jackie brown bs
*SIG: OptiPlex™ 790 i5-2400 @3.1ghz 12gb DDR3 ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit @$39.99 no 60FPS 4k youtube :( using D-Link DIR-890L AC3200
Nov 16, 2013
205 posts
316 upvotes
New Brunswick
reggielist wrote:
Aug 25th, 2019 2:45 pm
Yup. Some people like one the greatest writer/director of the 21st Century and some not so much.
Oh look, someone wandered away from /r/iamverysmart
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2014
2276 posts
1914 upvotes
Oakville, ON
D0ntgiveajack wrote:
Aug 15th, 2019 10:13 am
A Royal with Cheese?
Royale...I don’t think queen Elizabeth is on the menu just yet
Oct 5, 2008
432 posts
371 upvotes
GTA
mikka2017 wrote:
Aug 26th, 2019 6:45 am
my fave all time movie. althou Qtarantino is way pass his prime now.... that new movie. with pitt, leo and margo was a big letdown i read

btw what the hell was in that suitcase? did they ever reveal it? they gotta make a true sequel.not that jackie brown bs
It's no Pulp Fiction (what is?), but Once Upon a Time in Hollywood is f'ing fantastic! The actors you mentioned put in possibly the best performances of their careers. Incredible use of music too. Loved it!
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
1978 posts
1587 upvotes
SAINT JOHN
D0ntgiveajack wrote:
Aug 15th, 2019 10:13 am
A Royal with Cheese?
'Well check out the big brain on brad'
"Mmmmmmm that is a tasty burger'
" what is no country that I know of......'

...Location: GTA North

If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.

GTA Grocery Highlights (updated weekly) thread

[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100). Please let me know if you have one for sale. Willing to part trade stuff or labour.