Shopping Discussion

Cineplex Odeon coupons and Famous players.

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 24th, 2011 12:14 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Mar 7, 2010
705 posts
35 upvotes

Cineplex Odeon coupons and Famous players.

Hi.

I've had these complimentary show tickets from Cineplex odeon for a while (one of their movies screwed up in the middle and they gave everyone a free ticket basically). I'm wondering if these work at Famous Players or not?
3 replies
Jun 7, 2006
777 posts
6 upvotes
Jeff1221 wrote: Hi.

I've had these complimentary show tickets from Cineplex odeon for a while (one of their movies screwed up in the middle and they gave everyone a free ticket basically). I'm wondering if these work at Famous Players or not?

If you look behind those Cineplex complimentary show tickets, you should see a Famous Players logo on it. Famous Players has been part of Cineplex since 2005. But don't use those tickets on their competitors such as A.M.C., Empire and Rainbow because you know, get rejected.
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2007
3036 posts
212 upvotes
Surrey
Jeff1221 wrote: Hi.

Nope.
Jun 7, 2006
777 posts
6 upvotes

What are you talking about? Cineplex and Famous Players are the same company, its not like they are trying to pull off a Best Buy/Future Shop. Links:

www.competitionbureau.gc.ca/eic/site/cb ... 01866.html

www.cineplex.com/Corporate/Information.aspx

"Cineplex Entertainment Corporate Information

Today, Cineplex Inc. ("Cineplex") is the largest motion picture exhibitor in Canada and owns, leases or has a joint-venture interest in 132 theatres with 1,366 screens serving approximately 70 million guests annually. Headquartered in Toronto, Canada, Cineplex operates theatres from British Columbia to Quebec and is the exclusive provider of UltraAVX™ and the largest exhibitor of digital, 3D and IMAX projection technologies in the country. Proudly Canadian and with a workforce of approximately 10,000 employees, the company operates the following top tier brands: Cineplex Odeon, Galaxy, Famous Players, Colossus, Coliseum, SilverCity, Cinema City and Scotiabank Theatres. Cineplex shares trade on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX) under the symbol "CGX". The Debentures are listed on the TSX under the symbol “CGX.DB”."