• Last Updated:
  • Jul 25th, 2018 8:26 am
[OP]
May 2, 2010
632 posts
547 upvotes
GTA

Cineplex Pizza Pizza

Anyone know why the Pizza Pizza at cineplex theatres are completely different than the regular stores? Like it taste significantly better. Are they using better ingredients? cheaper ingredients? Why is there even a difference if its the same company.
13 replies
Aug 12, 2012
876 posts
431 upvotes
Richmond Hill
It tastes better at the Jays games too. I always thought it was because there's so many customers they have to keep pumping out fresh pizzas. And maybe certain franchises either skimp or use cheaper ingredients.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
3116 posts
1088 upvotes
I remember reading they used a conveyer belt type oven at those stores

Although I have a feeling it’s just because you’re eating it fresh. I remember when I used to eat pizza pizza right after I bought it in the store and it tasted amazing. Same goes for McDonald’s. By the time you get home it tastes significantly worse. And reheating in the microwave isn’t the same
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
12518 posts
3227 upvotes
My understanding is all franchises buy ingredients from their HO.

I would agree with @Frank311. Pizza is always better fresh. With high volume in a relative short time frame, you're almost guaranteed a slice that hasn't been sitting for hours.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2009
5995 posts
1351 upvotes
Toronto
Frank311 wrote: It tastes better at the Jays games too. I always thought it was because there's so many customers they have to keep pumping out fresh pizzas. And maybe certain franchises either skimp or use cheaper ingredients.
This. I remember saying the same thing here years ago and someone knew the company that pizza pizza outsourced to in those kiosks. I forget the name of that company.
Remember to be an RFD-er and NOT a degenerate.
[OP]
May 2, 2010
632 posts
547 upvotes
GTA
True I didn't think about the freshness. However, I'm pretty sure the crust is different regardless of when it was made.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2008
6436 posts
3021 upvotes
Durham
Cartman86 wrote: Anyone know why the Pizza Pizza at cineplex theatres are completely different than the regular stores? Like it taste significantly better. Are they using better ingredients? cheaper ingredients? Why is there even a difference if its the same company.
Price is SIGNIFICANTLY HIGHER as well.
16'x11' Living Room 11' Cathedral Ceiling. Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H 7.2 setup. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers - FR+FL; Polk S35 - Center; Klipsch R51M - RR+RL; Klipsch R14M - Dolby FHR+FHL; Polk HTS10 Subwoofer x2. Unlocked Android Boxes from Taiwan x2
[OP]
May 2, 2010
632 posts
547 upvotes
GTA
AV-Fishing wrote: Price is SIGNIFICANTLY HIGHER as well.
I don't remember it being that much higher. But still, Cineplex price is higher for everything. Some Cineplex used to have a Burger King and the food was identical to regular BK but priced higher. The Pizza Pizza is nothing like the regular ones. Also, I believe the same is true for Rogers Centre Pizza Pizza or is it Air Canada Centre?
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2009
12372 posts
11282 upvotes
i personally like day old pizza but maybe its just me.
Jan 12, 2017
854 posts
745 upvotes
Toronto
Most big venues like ACC and Skydome use a third party vendor like Aramark to handle their food and concession sales. I used to work at Skydome and the pizzas were usually made by teenagers who didn't skimp on the cheese and toppings unlike the jaded employees you find at a regular Pizza Pizza.
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2005
12970 posts
1427 upvotes
My contact at cineplex explained it to me when I asked him.

1) They use pizza pizza frozen dough which is then thawed vs fresh dough.
2) they use a conveyor belt oven like domino's rather than the normal stone oven.
3) slices are held in humidity controlled warmers like 241 vs left out and then re-baked.

All sauce/cheese/wings/ingredients/toppings are identical to regular pizza pizza
----------------------
References:
My HoFo, eBay, HeaT & RFD Feedback! 100% POSITIVE!
Available upon request.
FS: Acer Predator G1-710 Gaming PC
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2007
3644 posts
328 upvotes
voltagedrop wrote: Most big venues like ACC and Skydome use a third party vendor like Aramark to handle their food and concession sales. I used to work at Skydome and the pizzas were usually made by teenagers who didn't skimp on the cheese and toppings unlike the jaded employees you find at a regular Pizza Pizza.
Yeah, Aramark Pizza PIzza is good, and with a lot of toppings, cheese and sauce, whereas regular Pizza Pizza is usually bread with a hint of sauce and cheese.
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
14943 posts
5187 upvotes
GTA
I think it's the belt cooking method. I've noticed as well that pizza pizza tastes great at sporting events, festivals, concerts, etc...but from the store...meh
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2009
5995 posts
1351 upvotes
Toronto
Ah yes, that was the name of the third party...Aramark! Thanks voltagedrop

I remember the pizza pizza at York U was also pretty good if it's still there in the square and they had the conveyor belt. I don't think it was 3rd party though.
Remember to be an RFD-er and NOT a degenerate.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)