• Last Updated:
  • Sep 23rd, 2020 10:38 am
45 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
6884 posts
1738 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
Link doesn't have dates - anyone know WHEN this will happen (hopefully details for Toronto) please?
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
3320 posts
1337 upvotes
Yes, patrons should have napkins and maybe even wet naps in the auditoriums for their snacks. However, it's still gonna get very messy and unhygienic removing/putting back our masks with greasy buttered popcorn fingers. Hope somebody does a youtube clip and gives us a flawless demonstration on how to do this properly. LOL
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
15965 posts
3454 upvotes
Toronto
Mr_Fanta wrote: Hope somebody does a youtube clip and gives us a flawless demonstration on how to do this properly. LOL
Here's one way...

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
18235 posts
5209 upvotes
sprung wrote: https://torontosun.com/news/national/re ... favourites

With no new movies to screen for the time being, all tickets will be available for a reduced price.

“From a price-point perspective we’re looking at, any movie, any showtime, any experience will be $5 and then it’s $3 on Tuesday,” Van Lange says. This will include AVX and IMAX screenings.
Not opening in Ontario. Nothing much to see and new movies pulled back to August at the earliest. Not wanting to wear a hazmat suit to go to the movies. I'll just stay home...
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2004
4428 posts
163 upvotes
I wonder if Tenet will be the first big blockbuster after the lockdown.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
6511 posts
2852 upvotes
xpoint9 wrote: I wonder if Tenet will be the first big blockbuster after the lockdown.
i suspect even a mediocre film with any recognizable star will do well around this time.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2004
4428 posts
853 upvotes
Toronto
That includes IMAX screening?
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2007
3576 posts
1351 upvotes
Would you go to the theater? The Ontario / Quebec situation is a still not under control.

No one, absolutely no one, can explain what the deal is with community spread. We know it's there, we don't know how bad it is. Specially in the GTA.

What I mean is.... is streaming not enough for you guys?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
6511 posts
2852 upvotes
Stuck in a closed space with iffy ventilation system with a few dozen people who may or may not have covid, for 2 hours. I suppose if I never take off the medical mask it might be borderline ok. It wont feel very good watching a movie with a mask on, and unable to eat or drink anything.
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2008
11247 posts
7540 upvotes
Edmonton
badOne wrote: Stuck in a closed space with iffy ventilation system with a few dozen people who may or may not have covid, for 2 hours. I suppose if I never take off the medical mask it might be borderline ok. It wont feel very good watching a movie with a mask on, and unable to eat or drink anything.
The articles I've read say masks are used to prevent YOU from spreading COVID to other people, not to protect you from getting it. You'd need the N95 mask, properly fitted to your face.

C
Feb 16, 2014
709 posts
144 upvotes
London
The time for going to the movie theaters are long gone.The pandemic killed the switch! One of the options would suffice:online streaming,and/or home based movie theater.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
3320 posts
1337 upvotes
Yeah, my first screening of Christopher Nolan's new movie "Tenet" will be at the drive-in movie theatre in August instead of the Cineplex. Why? I've been wearing masks consistently a lot more nowadays and I know for sure, I can't handle 2 hours plus long movies wearing one. I can barely even handling wearing a mask for more than 15 minutes at the supermarkets and public transit. Personally, I wouldn't even consider going to the cinema without a mask. That's just me.

"Tenet" was a movie i definitely wanted to see in IMAX first. In our COVID times, it really looks like I'll watch it in the drive-in and then wait for crappy home viewing. Truly sad because this is a Nolan movie and deserves to be seen in IMAX.
Jul 2, 2017
7 posts
5 upvotes
Using a mask to do errands is perfectly fine. Spend 2h+ with a mask to watch a movie? Rather stay home.