Expired Hot Deals

[Cineplex] CINEPLEX Scene Members Save 10% more on Tuesday tickets!

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 24th, 2013 10:18 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 29, 2009
1036 posts
227 upvotes
Mississauga
Not bad. I was pretty surprised to buy Tuesday tix @ $7.50 last week; I remember it costing ~$6 the last time I went, which was probably 6 months ago.
Steam ID: moin110
XBOX LIVE GT: Moin110
Jr. Member
User avatar
Jul 4, 2006
199 posts
348 upvotes
Vancouver
Just went yesterday at Cineplex in Pitt Meadows to see MIB3 and it's $6.25 a ticket. We also used a BOGO coupon from cereal boxes :D
Deal Fanatic
Aug 21, 2007
5471 posts
437 upvotes
Markham
ricedion wrote: Different location offers different Tuesday pricing.

Warden/Eglinton GTA - 5.99
Fairview Mall GTA - 6.99

STC in TOronto also 5.99...at least as of yesterday!
zatnaf wrote: Looks like it's location dependent? Could we combine 10% with ordering online? (using GM's BOGO voucher promo)
lowe wrote: It is available online but IIRC, GM's BOGO coupons are expiring tomorrow.

BOGO expire June 1, not that it matters since this doesnt start until next week anyways
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 6, 2007
2060 posts
489 upvotes
Montreal
I went yesterday and paid 6.75$ in Montreal
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
2187 posts
330 upvotes
Thornhill
yup, i received an email saying that there was an 50 cent increase for Tuesdays.
Jr. Member
Jan 12, 2008
105 posts
24 upvotes
...and that's the last time I ever go to the theater on Tuesday. TYVM
Jr. Member
Apr 23, 2012
154 posts
5 upvotes
Edmonton
BUT I THOUGHT MOVIE IS ALWAYS THE SAME PRICE!!!
are they cheaper on Mon,Wed and Thursday as well?
Newbie
Aug 25, 2010
89 posts
40 upvotes
2004acura wrote: BUT I THOUGHT MOVIE IS ALWAYS THE SAME PRICE!!!
are they cheaper on Mon,Wed and Thursday as well?

No, just cheaper on Tuesdays.
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 13, 2008
3163 posts
1100 upvotes
Vancouver
2004acura wrote: BUT I THOUGHT MOVIE IS ALWAYS THE SAME PRICE!!!
are they cheaper on Mon,Wed and Thursday as well?
ExcelPremium wrote: It's only for regular tickets right? I went AVX3D 3 weeks ago and it was like $12.50 per ticket on a Tuesday

Tuesday's is cheaper. generally around 50% off regular price. Addition cost of 3D/IMAX/UltraAVX isn't discounted.

eg. Metrotown charges $7.50 i believe on tuesdays now.

when i went to see Avengers in ultraAVX 3D and it cost $12.50

$7.50 for base ticket
$2.50 for 3D
$2.50 for UltraAVX

regular price on a different day would have been $17.50 (save $5)

to be honest it's not much savings especially if you are using movie tickets or entertainment book coupons.
Jr. Member
User avatar
Apr 22, 2009
132 posts
26 upvotes
London
I wasn't aware they were even doing cheap seat Tuesdays anymore, pretty sure the theatres in London are full price all the time.
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2003
1129 posts
199 upvotes
mkerian wrote: So...basically this "discount" does nothing except return the price to its original amount. Nice one Cineplex.

It may get more people to sign up for the Scene card though.

$7.50 and 10% discount is actually $7.50 - $0.75 = $6.75

and if he/she was right about the $6.25 price, then it's actually an increase of $0.50.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 21, 2007
5471 posts
437 upvotes
Markham
I've figured out why Cineplex is doing this:

In exchange for 10% off, you no longer get 100 scene points for your ticket. So in this way, on Tuesdays, they have devalued the scene points by approx 40% (since you only save 60 cents, as opposed to getting 100 scene points to use towards admissions on a regular $10+ day).

Further, cineplex (like alot of corporations with loyalty programs) probably has a very large liability on their balance sheet for outstanding scene points (given that you can equate 1000 scene points to about $10), so this way, they start to reduce further additions to their liabilities making their balance sheet look somewhat better (or alternatively, preventing an even higher liab from appearing down the line, so making sure it doesnt look any worse)
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 13, 2008
3163 posts
1100 upvotes
Vancouver
adeel wrote: I've figured out why Cineplex is doing this:

In exchange for 10% off, you no longer get 100 scene points for your ticket. So in this way, on Tuesdays, they have devalued the scene points by approx 40% (since you only save 60 cents, as opposed to getting 100 scene points to use towards admissions on a regular $10+ day).

Further, cineplex (like alot of corporations with loyalty programs) probably has a very large liability on their balance sheet for outstanding scene points (given that you can equate 1000 scene points to about $10), so this way, they start to reduce further additions to their liabilities making their balance sheet look somewhat better (or alternatively, preventing an even higher liab from appearing down the line, so making sure it doesnt look any worse)

sorry must be blind but where does it say you no longer get the 100 scene points?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 21, 2007
5471 posts
437 upvotes
Markham
crazycoward wrote: sorry must be blind but where does it say you no longer get the 100 scene points?

it doesnt say it anywhere actually, BUT, when i tried to purchase a ticket online, it stated the price and would not be getting any scene points.

Now i suppose YMMV in theatre (as i use nestea b1g1 that arent supposed to get scene points but always do), but it seems this is official policy anyways.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)